Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 121718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    Thanks for this guide. I followed it and was able to install MyTether. I haven't been able to get MyTether to work yet, do I need to install additional files? I guess I check on the MyTether thread...
    Quote Originally Posted by xorg View Post
    Here is a new method to install Apps. Easier than setting up the SDK...

pre dev wiki: Installing Apps on a Stock Pre
    Thanks, Xorg. I followed the instructions very carefully, but still no dice. When I drag/drop, I get the command window. It takes me to the point where I am told to press any key to continue, and I do. Information scrolls rapidly. I have tried to use print screen, but when I push that key nothing happens.
    justjill3

Palm Pre!!!,Treo 755p, Treo 650, more Palm devices in the past, ect., ect., etc.
    Running Datebk6, Takephone, Butler, Technician, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Cleanup, Uninstall, Splash Suite, Zlauncher, Reset Doctor, SafeGuard, Power Hero, Audible, Audio Gateway...
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_mycroft View Post
    Thanks for that. I now have it linked to the wiki dev page for installing apps. Hopefully that method will finally work for you.
    No luck for now
    justjill3

Palm Pre!!!,Treo 755p, Treo 650, more Palm devices in the past, ect., ect., etc.
    Running Datebk6, Takephone, Butler, Technician, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Cleanup, Uninstall, Splash Suite, Zlauncher, Reset Doctor, SafeGuard, Power Hero, Audible, Audio Gateway...
    finally had time to play with the pre. i rooted, tethered, installed homebrews with and w/o rooting, removed the lame nascar app, made the devmode icon visible all within an hour or so. couldn't have done it without a good starting point and instructions thanks a bunch!!!
    I have done a print screen and I see it on my clipboard, but when I try to paste it into a doc, all I get are placeholders and the frame. A little help here??? :-)
    justjill3

i installed virtual box before i read that i wasnt supposed to. for some reason its asking me to enter the cd dat came with novacom. what do i do? uninstall the virtual box and then try it?
    having problems, i did the updated thing on the wiki link, where i have the green arrown to drag and drop, but when i plug my phone in to usb and click charge, then try to install the driver it doesnt work. help please....

michael24j@yahoo.com
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    I have downloaded and installed the SDK and Virtual Box, put my Pre in Developer mode, however Novacom did not install. Did i miss something?

in terminal I get this message:
    Macintosh:~ LDC$ palm-install /Users/LDC/Desktop/com.danielfarina.pretetris_2.0_all.ipk
    connecting to device castle-linux (110622A51DA976962D8F878A5CDDA01EB283380B:usb:51617)
    copying /Users/LDC/Desktop/com.danielfarina.pretetris_2.0_all.ipk to /media/internal/developer/com.danielfarina.pretetris_2.0_all.ipk on device castle-linux (110622A51DA976962D8F878A5CDDA01EB283380B:usb:51617)
    palm-install: file open failed
    ok i got novacom to install... now when i go to programs... palm... sdk... theres no option for bin... just the emulator, inspector and putty... help?
    i keep trying to do this jailbreak thing on an HP. im not good with technical stuff. i downloaded the advised things (http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...r-1-0-4-a.html). evertime i start things up and plug in my pre it says FOUND NEW HARDWARE: windows needs to install driver software for your novacom linux. when i do the locate thing as recomended it asks for a cd. i dont have any cd

anyone know what i do?
    I am trying to install get my laptop to allow loading homebrews to my Pre. For some reason wheneverr I try to load the SDK to my laptop, it installs and then says it needs to reboot to complete installation... Then it goes into a rebooting loop. Don't know what that is... But I choose to install Greg's installer on there.. It seems to install okay... But I can't seem to get the novacom to run. When I run the services.msc, Palm Novacom is not on the list. It shows up in device manager, but it is not started under services...
    Any ideas on how to get this to start up?
    how do you setup virtualbox im new at this and dont really understand it entirely
    I just installed it and that was pretty much it for virtual box.
    so you dont have to create anything inside it
    NO.. I didnt anyways.. I just installed it and then the SDK and everything did its thing. The only problem I have had on this machine is that the front USB port will not connect with the pre to drop apps. It can act as a drive and everything on this port, just not load apps. The rear port works fine for everything.
    I just cant seem to get this to work. Downloaded virtual box and sdk. installed both and just let it install where ever. Now do you have to start either or both programs before you do anything else? I just put pre in dev mode and restarted. then attached usb cable and restarted. found bin and put ipk in install bat file and nothing happened. Can anyone help me??
    would anybody be interested in helping somebody running os x? everything is good up until the drag of the irc to the palm-install...? please send me a PM
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Is there any way to make a Homebrew Updater App for the pre? Something that looks for updates for you homebrew apps and installs them, like whats on the Iphone and WMobile phones?

Is there is Plz someone try to make one if possible.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    When I try and open the Palm SDK emulator. all I get is " FATAL " No bootbale medium medium found , system halted .

Does anyone out there know what is causing this and how I correct it ??
    Quote Originally Posted by hoboslayer View Post
    I got the following error when trying this today. Really not sure why. (My pre has been rooted, but still...)

C:\Program Files\Palm\SDK\bin>palm-install.bat Z:\Downloads\dotGame_1.0.0.ipk
    connecting to device castle-linux (F38C1EF7BF052494D3784CA1128698282D9DF3B2:usb:49419)
    copying Z:\Downloads\dotGame_1.0.0.ipk to /media/internal/developer/dotGame_1.0.0.ipk on device castle-linux (F38C1EF7BF05249
    4D3784CA1128698282D9DF3B2:usb:49419)
    installing package /media/internal/developer/dotGame_1.0.0.ipk on device castle-linux (F38C1EF7BF052494D3784CA1128698282D9DF3
    B2:usb:49419)
    palm-install: FAILED_NOT_ENOUGH_INSTALL_SPACE

Size Used Available Use% Mounted on
    6.7G 593.4M 6.1G 9% /media/internal
    I just started having the same "not enough install space" error yesterday when installing some various apps. I have plenty of free memory on my non-rooted Pre. After a few tries, some of the apps installed but 2 still will not install (fart app 0.2.7 and blocked app 0.6 update). Anyone else getting this? I'll try restarting my Pre and see what happens...