Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 111617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 420 of 607
  1.    #401  
    Quote Originally Posted by justjill3 View Post
    Nothing.

    From what I have read in this thread, at some point during the install of Virtual Machine and the SDK (and Java and then dev. mode), the PC should see my Pre as Novacom device. Thank you for the guidance, but I was aware that under NORMAL charging conditions, the PC would not recognize the Palm. Did I misunderstand this aspect?
    Have you tried this alternative means of installing apps?

    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ller-beta.html
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
  2. #402  
    Wow was I talking to the wall???

    Depending on your computer and settings etc... It will NOT show your pre like it was a thumb drive and you may not even get a popup saying new devices found or anything.

    That DOES NOT mean that its still not recognizing it. If you followed all the steps on the Wiki and If you drag and drop the file into the "Palm Install" file like I mentioned a few posts up and you do not see it on your Pre then somethings wrong.

    Another common problem I had was I downloaded the install file when not signed in.

    My Pre when plugged in and set to charging only does not pop up any widows does not show up as any drives but it still installs with no problems.
  3. #403  
    Yeah they know that it will not show up, but if the Pre is not connected properly, the sdk will give a quick flash, that says no device connected, or something, when you drag the file onto the bat. I had this same exact problem... I decided to try one of the back USB ports instead of the front ones..AND it works now... I did mess around in device manager some, but I dont think that really did anything... But correct Justjill, when I plugged it into the rear USB port, I got the novacom detected and whatnot.. It then worked flawlessly. I loaded up a few apps and they all did their thing like they should.. So hopefully it was just the port, or whatever I did to make it work, will keep on working from here on out...
  4. #404  
    Hey you 64 vista users use Blubble's instructions to get it to work. It works great. Finally.

    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ta-64-bit.html
  5. Sensai28's Avatar
    Posts
    20 Posts
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    #405  
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_mycroft View Post
    STEP FOUR: Disconnecting everything

    EDIT (7/7/09): Once again thanks to the collective genius found on Precentral, my previously unresolved issue under this step is now completely resolved, and Step Four has been thoroughly updated.

    Once you have your new homebrew apps working, you will want to safely disconnect your Pre and return it to its original state.

    A. First, to disconnect your Pre, you cannot use the “Safely Remove Hardware” option on the task bar, at least not yet, because you will receive an error message that your “Novacom Device” is being accessed by another program. Not to worry, though, as all you need do is end the service by doing the following on your PC:

    Click START
    - Run
    Type “Services.msc” and hit enter


    At this point a large list of programs will appear. Scroll through until you find the following:

    Palm Novacom

    Now simply right-click on the above file and stop the process. You can now safely remove the “Novacom Device” by clicking on the “Safely Remove Hardware” button on your task bar, and disconnect your Pre from your computer. You will want to restart the Palm Novacom process by right-clicking it again, so that you can install new homebrew apps in the future.
    I have created two batch files that I keep on my desktop to stop and start the NovacomD Service (Links Below). It's not much, but it saves a few steps.
    Sir Mycroft, please feel free to add the links to your opening post if you feel like it will help your walkthrough. Thank You for your time in making an excellent how to. Everything works perfectly.

  6. #406  
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_mycroft View Post
    Have you tried this alternative means of installing apps?

    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ller-beta.html
    Wow! So nice to hear from the Guru, himself! I followed this link earlier, only to find the following
    Quote Originally Posted by dhMassacre
    I'm taking this down, feedback has made me realize a few things...
    It might go back up, but probably not for a bit while I work on the repository system..

    Thanks for support precentral, hope to be back soon.
    .

    I read through several of dhMassacre's posts to see if he reposted. Maybe I didn't read through enough of them. I'll visit again. Thanks.
    justjill3

    Palm Pre!!!,Treo 755p, Treo 650, more Palm devices in the past, ect., ect., etc.
    Running Datebk6, Takephone, Butler, Technician, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Cleanup, Uninstall, Splash Suite, Zlauncher, Reset Doctor, SafeGuard, Power Hero, Audible, Audio Gateway...
  7. #407  
    Quote Originally Posted by Manding0 View Post
    Wow was I talking to the wall???
    Uuuh, donno, but I didn't see your post.

    Quote Originally Posted by Manding0
    If you followed all the steps on the Wiki and If you drag and drop the file into the "Palm Install" file like I mentioned a few posts up and you do not see it on your Pre then somethings wrong.
    I am at the something's wrong stage.

    Quote Originally Posted by lilmexx323 View Post
    Yeah they know that it will not show up, but if the Pre is not connected properly, the sdk will give a quick flash, that says no device connected, or something, when you drag the file onto the bat. I had this same exact problem... I decided to try one of the back USB ports instead of the front ones..AND it works now... I did mess around in device manager some, but I dont think that really did anything... But correct Justjill, when I plugged it into the rear USB port, I got the novacom detected and whatnot.. It then worked flawlessly. I loaded up a few apps and they all did their thing like they should.. So hopefully it was just the port, or whatever I did to make it work, will keep on working from here on out...
    Thank you. I'll try a rear port. I'll also look for dhMassacre's beta.
    justjill3

    Palm Pre!!!,Treo 755p, Treo 650, more Palm devices in the past, ect., ect., etc.
    Running Datebk6, Takephone, Butler, Technician, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Cleanup, Uninstall, Splash Suite, Zlauncher, Reset Doctor, SafeGuard, Power Hero, Audible, Audio Gateway...
  8. #408  
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePennster View Post
    I tried to use vi to edit the file, but it seems it's Read Only. How did you edit the line?

    pre dev wiki: Unhide the DeveloperMode App

    worked like a charm.
  9. #409  
    justjill3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Manding0 View Post
    Wow was I talking to the wall???
    Uuuh, donno, but I didn't see your post.
    Its cool LOL just wanted to make sure you checked that out prior to doing other things I messed with mine for a hour thinking I did something wrong before figuring out i was just being silly and it was working the whole time.
  10. #410  
    following the steps on the first page.....after putting my device in deveolpers mode and connect my device via USB to my comp. it installs but fails at Novacom linux....can someone help?
  11. sleezy305's Avatar
    Posts
    29 Posts
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    #411  
    im usin vista and virtual box took over my wi-fi connection and i couldnt connect to the internet till i removed it..help
  12. #412  
    AMazing thank you so much for this!!! I was scared but took the plunge and it worked beautifully!!! BTW using vista and it worked fine!
  13. #413  
    Thanks for this ridiculously easy to follow guide.
  14. shotyme's Avatar
    Posts
    168 Posts
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    #414  
    Quote Originally Posted by justjill3 View Post
    Nothing.

    From what I have read in this thread, at some point during the install of Virtual Machine and the SDK (and Java and then dev. mode), the PC should see my Pre as Novacom device. Thank you for the guidance, but I was aware that under NORMAL charging conditions, the PC would not recognize the Palm. Did I misunderstand this aspect?
    I'm sorry. I'm out of suggestions. Yeah, when you hit just charging on the pre, the computer does nothing to show it recognize the Pre. Just the first time for some, but it didn't for me.

    I noticed that when I had the emulator up while trying to install on my Pre, it just installed on the emulator, so I closed the emulator and had not problems.

    I am working on a bluetooth solution, but I'm not expert at this. Hope you get your issue resolved man. I know how frustrating it is.
  15. #415  
    Can someone please help me? The novacom fails at linux when it trys to install onto my Pre. I'm using Vista 32bit. Its asks for a disc. I'd appreciate anyones help.
  16. #416  
    Why can't someone make a simple application that will give us a toggle to switch between developer's mode without typing in the "upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart".....
  17. chaspalm's Avatar
    Posts
    35 Posts
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    #417  
    Quote Originally Posted by hirenpathak View Post
    Why can't someone make a simple application that will give us a toggle to switch between developer's mode without typing in the "upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart".....
    OK

    Here it is......
    pre dev wiki: Unhide the DeveloperMode App

    ChasPalm
  18. xorg's Avatar
    Posts
    633 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    #418  
    Here is a new method to install Apps. Easier than setting up the SDK...

    pre dev wiki: Installing Apps on a Stock Pre
  19. #419  
    Good look with the guide. I always wanted to know how to do this but was scared of bricking my phone. This was as easy as adding music. Thanks again.
  20.    #420  
    Quote Originally Posted by justjill3 View Post
    Wow! So nice to hear from the Guru, himself! I followed this link earlier, only to find the following
    .

    I read through several of dhMassacre's posts to see if he reposted. Maybe I didn't read through enough of them. I'll visit again. Thanks.
    Thanks for that. I now have it linked to the wiki dev page for installing apps. Hopefully that method will finally work for you.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)

Posting Permissions