Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223242530 ... LastLast
    Heeeeellllpppp!
    I have followed the instructions below. Both the Virtual Machine and the SDK work. I have verified that Palm Novacom is running on my PC, but, my PC does not recognize my Pre as Novacom. It says no device installed. What do I do now?*Crying*

Quote Originally Posted by shotyme View Post
    The main instructions on the front page.

Start from the beginning. Uninstall what you have.

Install the Vbox.
    Then install the palm sdk.
    Then install the latest java.
    Make sure your phone is in developer mode. Plug in via USB and hit just charge.
    Then open the palm folder following these steps. program files/palm/sdk/bin
    Drag the ipk file on top of the palm-install file.

EDIT

Also, do not have the palm emulator running while you are trying to install. Otherwise, it will install onto the emulator.

If the command prompt appears and disappears very fast, then something went wrong with one of your step.

Upon successful installation, the command prompt will display and you will see the installation process for about 5-10 seconds, then it will disappear.
    justjill3

Palm Pre!!!,Treo 755p, Treo 650, more Palm devices in the past, ect., ect., etc.
    Running Datebk6, Takephone, Butler, Technician, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Cleanup, Uninstall, Splash Suite, Zlauncher, Reset Doctor, SafeGuard, Power Hero, Audible, Audio Gateway...
    You are in the same boat I am. I cannot get the pc to recognize the Pre. It does sometimes, but for only a minute. I actually loaded two apps, before it didn't see it again. We must be missing something simple, since we are so close.
    If I switch to USB mode, the PC sees the "Pre" just fine. When I switch to "just charge", that's when I go "invisible". It sees "Removable Drive". Darn!
    justjill3

Palm Pre!!!,Treo 755p, Treo 650, more Palm devices in the past, ect., ect., etc.
    Running Datebk6, Takephone, Butler, Technician, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Cleanup, Uninstall, Splash Suite, Zlauncher, Reset Doctor, SafeGuard, Power Hero, Audible, Audio Gateway...
    Mine does the exact same... I am setting up a laptop as we speak... So I am gonna try that and see what happens on a different machine..
    I ran a search in the "Palm Pre" forum for Novacom and found some interesting comments about the WebOS needing to be off, but I've spent hours and HOURS on this problem and MUST get to some other work. I have this page set to auto refresh every 5 min. If you or ANYONE can help, please do. If I don't get any "work" done, I'll have to fire myself. And in today's economy that could spell. . . (thinking, thinking...) Oh never mind. It's just a bad idea, is all.
    justjill3

Okay so I am new to all this. Is there a video on how to do this? Like step-by-step. Also I am running Windows XP 64bit and I think that is going to cause me some trouble!! I ran the Vitral thingy and it said that my PC doesn't support this!! So how can I do it then??

I have read the how to guide and i still think I need to see somone do it.
    edit: @justjill3
    Try plugging in your pre to your computer (via usb) then turn on developer mode (upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart) then go ahead and reset the device while its plugged in via USB.

Now don't click usb/media sync/just charge... and give your computer/pre some time to install Novacome onto your pre. (if this doesn't help then I can be of no further assistance as this just worked for me).

For me, after a bit of waiting the bottom right part of my computer screen said something like found Novacome device... then I proceeded to the 'just charge method - drag and drop'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimpy96 View Post
    Okay so I am new to all this. Is there a video on how to do this? Like step-by-step. Also I am running Windows XP 64bit and I think that is going to cause me some trouble!! I ran the Vitral thingy and it said that my PC doesn't support this!! So how can I do it then??

I have read the how to guide and i still think I need to see somone do it.
    Wish I could help, Gimpy, but there would need to be several videos since there are so many different systems. My advice would be to read as many of these posts as you can, because some of your problems will probably have come up already.
    justjill3

Quote Originally Posted by mademanth View Post
    I'm trying to install VirtualBox on my Windows XP and it keeps telling me "The software you are trying to install has not passed Windows LOGo Testing." It allows me to click the "Continue Anyway" button; however, after clicking it twice it cancels the install and tells me to try again later. Can anyone tell me how to fix this please.
    I'll share my experience FWIW, but first I want to clarify something. You say you are installing VirtualBox. Is that the same as VirtualMachine? I know that an installation of VirtualMachine gives me access to virtual boxes. Anyway, during my installation of VirtualMachine, I kept getting the warnings about the Windows test, but disregarded them and continued with the install. It worked fine for me. May I suggest that you uninstall and reinstall?
    justjill3

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    im having the same problem my computer does not regonize my pre says it cant find novacom driver i ave everything else working but i cant transfer apps if my compter cant see it im on vista 64bit someone help please!!!!
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MLJones8 View Post
    Try plugging in your pre to your computer (via usb) then turn on developer mode (upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart) then go ahead and reset the device while its plugged in via USB.

Now don't click usb/media sync/just charge... and give your computer/pre some time to install Novacome onto your pre. (if this doesn't help then I can be of no further assistance as this just worked for me).

For me, after a bit of waiting the bottom right part of my computer screen said something like found Novacome device... then I proceeded to the 'just charge method - drag and drop'.
    this worked for me awesome thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by cheek813; 07/14/2009 at 11:29 AM. Reason: misspell
    For those guys who are having the problem that your computer will not see the Pre when it just charging mode..... It wont I had what I thought was the same problem but when its in charging it will not show up as another drive like a thumb drive would. When doing a install you need to open up "Program files">"Palm">"SDK">"BIN" and you need to drag and drop your app in the "Palm install" icon. If that doesnt work than somethings wrong but if it does your golden. I was lost for a while too when figuring this out.

So if I do this I dont need to install any of the programs? Once I do this where do I drag and drop the file?
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Just wanted to add that I was able to get this working on Vista 64, had to do a bit of fiddling around - since I had multiple version of Java installed I had to point it to the one in Program Files (not Program Files (x86)) directly in the batch file.
    ok, i did the step by step instructions, (on windows vista) now where are my homebrew apps? I don't see them on the pre?
    How do you go about pointing to the correct Java?

What do you mean when you say "a bit" of waiting? 5 min.? 10?
    justjill3

ok i did all of the step by step actions and I still don't have solitare or tip calculator on my phone. What am I doing wrong?!
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by justjill3 View Post
    Heeeeellllpppp!
    I have followed the instructions below. Both the Virtual Machine and the SDK work. I have verified that Palm Novacom is running on my PC, but, my PC does not recognize my Pre as Novacom. It says no device installed. What do I do now?*Crying*
    Your computer will not recognize the palm while it is just charging, but that is how it is designed.

What happens when you try to drag the ipk file on top of the palm-install?
    Quote Originally Posted by shotyme View Post
    Your computer will not recognize the palm while it is just charging, but that is how it is designed.

What happens when you try to drag the ipk file on top of the palm-install?
    Nothing.

From what I have read in this thread, at some point during the install of Virtual Machine and the SDK (and Java and then dev. mode), the PC should see my Pre as Novacom device. Thank you for the guidance, but I was aware that under NORMAL charging conditions, the PC would not recognize the Palm. Did I misunderstand this aspect?
    justjill3