Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    When I try to download the SDK from that site I get a "proxy server not allowed to download from us" error message. Hmmm.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    This helped alot thanks
    my pre updated to 1.04 without my permission so i had to do this

also, i suck at forums. can someone please give me a link to a post that teaches you how to use the sdk/emulator
    I installed apps on both my wife's Pre and mine, and never received an 'Nova com' message. Granted, I didnt download the VirtualBox (which isnt needed for the instal, only to run the emulator) so maybe that had something to do with it.

Great directions, though!
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    when hooking my pre to the pc it says new hardware found and then it says there was a problem installing it, when i go to safely remove hardware i see the palm novacaom and i can still see my pre as a usb drive. is that normal, if not what can i do to solve it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Guish View Post
    I'm running linux so I can't test this, but can you kill the process or stop a service on your pc to allow the safe removal?
    I tried that, but then couldn't figure out how get novacom.exe running again (clicking the EXE ran the program just long enough to close it). I was forced to do a reinstall.

Since then I leave it alone hoping I'm not slowly killing my phone.
    treo 650 > treo 700w > treo 800 > palm pre > evo 4g > 3vo

galaxy tab 7
    htc evo view
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    Another more consumer friendly method to install apps is in the works and doesn't need the SDK, but works like it. We're getting closer...

http://discussion.treocentral.com/we...ll-method.html

When completed, the user should only need to click one thing to install all the needed components and then drop a file onto a desktop icon. So far though, konami code is required.
    After you do all that you need to do, couldn't you just shut down your pc, and then unplug the pre from the usb? Shutting down the pc would close all the open programs automatically. It is a pain, but why wouldn't it work?
    Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by s4mb4 View Post
    are you using scp?
    Nope usb drive and moving it to the other parition

please porvide more details...
    do you mean untarring a dev tarball into /var/usr/palm/applications OR just scp'ing the directory structure into /var/usr/palm/applications?

thanks
    Oh im sorry for not being clear. Heres what i actually do but same thing can be achieved through scp i just havent install it yet.

1.Untar the package, so that you have the whole application folder (ex. com.palm.whatever).
    2. Put phone in usb drive mode and move the whole folder intact to the drive.
    3. Take out of usb mode, and login as root to phone
    4. Cd into /media/internal/
    5. then move the folder - mv com.palm.whatever/ /var/usr/palm/applications/
    6. run Stop SysMgrLuna
    7. then run Start SysMgrLuna
    8. Application will appear on screen
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    I installed apps on both my wife's Pre and mine, and never received an 'Nova com' message. Granted, I didnt download the VirtualBox (which isnt needed for the instal, only to run the emulator) so maybe that had something to do with it.

Great directions, though!
    i can also confirm this. you do not need the VirtualBox. just the SDK and Dev mode turn on. works perfect.
  11. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    thanksyouverymuch sir,
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    When I click on the link for PalmSDK-Win-0.3.4.exe what do i need to do in order to download the Palm SDK? Because there is no option to download it.
    Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    At the bottom there a captcha code 3 numbers should be .. type them in and click submit
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Sweet! Works Great! Thanks.
    I have followed the instructions to the t and when I drag and drop the files onto the palm install file, the command box opens for just a split sec and then goes away. I then check to see if it installed on the pre and its not there? What am I doing wrong? I want this to work real bad...please help...
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bakerman1 View Post
    I have followed the instructions to the t and when I drag and drop the files onto the palm install file, the command box opens for just a split sec and then goes away. I then check to see if it installed on the pre and its not there? What am I doing wrong? I want this to work real bad...please help...
    well, from your statement, you have done nothing wrong.
    are you in DevMode?
    did you select 'just charge'?
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bakerman1 View Post
    Mine does the same.

Also is the palm emulator actually suppose open on my PC. I see the icon on my desktop but nothing happens when i double click it. The pointer changes for a second but then nothing and nothing from it is running in task manager from it.
    same thing happened with me. i am taking everything off and then trying to reinstall it. lemme know if you guys figure it out first...

i took it off and reinstalled it. apparently, when i would do the restart after the sdk install it would get hung up and not restart, so to avoid this all i did was "Restart later" and then just went in and restarted manually. Mine started to work right after that.
    Last edited by jtfishbein; 07/06/2009 at 02:25 PM. Reason: more information
    In order to be able to safely remove, you need to stop the Palm Novacom service. Go to Start->Run and type Services.msc Scroll down to Palm Novacom and stop the service. Safely remove your Pre and then restart the service.
  20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega33 View Post
    Mine does the same.

Also is the palm emulator actually suppose open on my PC. I see the icon on my desktop but nothing happens when i double click it. The pointer changes for a second but then nothing and nothing from it is running in task manager from it.
    I have seen complaints like these regarding being unable to drag and drop the file and am at a loss to explain why it is not working for you. The only thing I can think of is that the SDK or Virtual Box did not install correctly. You could try reinstalling them.

Also..

i can also confirm this. you do not need the VirtualBox. just the SDK and Dev mode turn on. works perfect.
    Another user was experiencing an error message when attempting the SDK route without Virtual Box (or other emulator). So I put it in there. I don't think it hurts and may ease the pain for some.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast