Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122232429 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by s4mb4 View Post
    i have simply made visible the Dev mode icon.
    it is located here; (for those that can root their Pre)

/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.devmodeswitcher/appinfo.json

Change the line that says "visible": false to "visible": true

then i can turn it off and on without the Konami code.
    I tried to use vi to edit the file, but it seems it's Read Only. How did you edit the line?
    got this to work on vista 32bit, just fine, didn't need the virtual box either.followed everything else though. just downloaded the sdk and dragged and dropped.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Im having trouble starting sdk.

I double click it, and it never starts.
    I dont know why.

I thought maybe because of the errors i was getting from the inspector but i followed a suggestion in the forums and fixed that... bet it didnt do anything.

any suggestions?
    <edit>
    I also reinstalled twice.
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    You may have to download the latest java. Just go to java.com and get the latest download and try again
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I was having problems with this in XP. I restored to the day before (uninstalling everything may work too) and I downloaded and installed JAVA, Virtualbox and Mojo SDK in that order. Everything worked fine after that. There's no need to open the emulator. I just dragged the idk files onto the install.bat and the apps installed like they are supposed to.
    Last edited by Memnock; 07/13/2009 at 04:12 PM.
    Got it!!!!
    Last edited by bubbatx; 07/13/2009 at 11:18 PM.
    Hey all,

Finally got my Pre and I am starting to play with it..

I have the SDK installed, it starts and runs. I can drag and drop .ipk to the emulkator and get them on there. I cannot get the files to the actual Pre. I drag the file and get the 1 second command line. And then nothing. I believe it says "NO device detected or something.. Goes to fast.... I have read through the entire thread and cannot seem to find any answers.. Any ideas or help would be great...

Edit:
    8.) Open command prompt and go to "program files\palm\sdk\bin" and run "palm-install -d usb -l" (that's a lowercase L), to get a list of installed programs.
    9.) If you get "palm-install: no device found", you've done something wrong. Try unplugging and replugging in your pre.

I get no device found... any ideas?
    Last edited by lilmexx323; 07/13/2009 at 01:49 PM.
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lilmexx323 View Post
    Hey all,

Finally got my Pre and I am starting to play with it..

I have the SDK installed, it starts and runs. I can drag and drop .ipk to the emulkator and get them on there. I cannot get the files to the actual Pre. I drag the file and get the 1 second command line. And then nothing. I believe it says "NO device detected or something.. Goes to fast.... I have read through the entire thread and cannot seem to find any answers.. Any ideas or help would be great...

Edit:
    8.) Open command prompt and go to "program files\palm\sdk\bin" and run "palm-install -d usb -l" (that's a lowercase L), to get a list of installed programs.
    9.) If you get "palm-install: no device found", you've done something wrong. Try unplugging and replugging in your pre.

I get no device found... any ideas?
    I am assuming you have the latest java installed, right?

Also, did you put your pre in developer mode and connect with the just charging option?
    Okay, I just installed two test apps, but before I could put the third on it went back to device not connect...
    I am trying to recreate this, but so far no luck...I just seems like it is not keeping the connection open.
    Im using Windows Vista 32Bit can i still install homebrew apps on my pre?
    I also have a Mac but couldnt find the Mac sdk
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanHillpg View Post
    Im using Windows Vista 32Bit can i still install homebrew apps on my pre?
    I also have a Mac but couldnt find the Mac sdk
    I have Vista Premium 32bit and could install with no problems
    which instructions did u follow?
    Quote Originally Posted by shotyme View Post
    I have Vista Premium 32bit and could install with no problems
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Memnock View Post
    I was having problems with this in XP. I restored to the day before (uninstalling everything may work too) and I downloaded and installed JAVA, Virtualbox and Mojo SDK in that order. Everything worked fine after that. There's no need to open the emulator. I just dragged the idk files onto the install.bat and the apps installed like they are supposed to.
    is mojo sdk the same as the mulator? Guess not. I downloaded from the palm website and installed all of the contents but there is nothing called mojo. Just inspector and emulator.

Thanls for the help, I hope java is the issue, but I cant imagine its out of date.
    I have tried following these instructions but I am not getting anything. I am running Vista, like many of the people on here. I have the latest Java and istalled both the VirtualBox and Mojo SDK. After that, I have my Pre on Charging and in Developer Mode. I can't figure out how to get past that point. I downloaded the .ipk files I wanted and I cannot find where to drop them to. I cannot find the palm-install.bat to drop them into. I can get to the SDK file but there is only 3 things in it: Palm Emulator, Palm Inspector, and PuTTY. What am I doing wrong? I thought it may be the Palm Emulator but that does nothing. Someone please help! I have no experience doing this.
    I have put about 4 hrs. into this task (and reading this thread). I need help.
    I am running Win XP. I have done the following:
    Installed VM. It runs fine.
    Installed SDK. I get the emulated Pre.
    Java is up to date according to its website.
    I can see Novacomm running on the PC.
    I have turned on Dev. Mode.

But, ...
    I have not been able to get the PC to say that my Pre is Novacomm. I have tried dragging and dropping. No luck. I have CMD>>Program files>>Palm>>SDK>>BIN, then installed from here. No luck.

Will someone hold my hand???
    justjill3

Palm Pre!!!,Treo 755p, Treo 650, more Palm devices in the past, ect., ect., etc.
    Running Datebk6, Takephone, Butler, Technician, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Cleanup, Uninstall, Splash Suite, Zlauncher, Reset Doctor, SafeGuard, Power Hero, Audible, Audio Gateway...
    Are there any issues w/ me following the directions for rooting my Pre at the Pre Dev Wiki if I have already installed 1.0.4 and installed apps using the non-root method? I don't want to brick my phone.
    When i first tried this method on my Vista 32-bit it didn't work. I downloaded the latest version of java and voila! i am playing snake and loving it! thanks!!
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanHillpg View Post
    The main instructions on the front page.

Start from the beginning. Uninstall what you have.

Install the Vbox.
    Then install the palm sdk.
    Then install the latest java.
    Make sure your phone is in developer mode. Plug in via USB and hit just charge.
    Then open the palm folder following these steps. program files/palm/sdk/bin
    Drag the ipk file on top of the palm-install file.

EDIT

Also, do not have the palm emulator running while you are trying to install. Otherwise, it will install onto the emulator.

If the command prompt appears and disappears very fast, then something went wrong with one of your step.

Upon successful installation, the command prompt will display and you will see the installation process for about 5-10 seconds, then it will disappear.
    Last edited by shotyme; 07/13/2009 at 10:06 PM. Reason: added note
    I find myself having to reboot my computer after i end the novacom proc, has anyone found a way to restart the proc?