Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920212227 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    I have Visa 64-bit and installed Virtual Box no problem. After installation was complete (and the registration form was prompted) I received the annoying "this installation was not completed successfully message", which is something that Vista does for no gosh darn reason. I told Vista to ignore the issue, and not make any changes, and then VBox worked just as intended.

For those having installation problems, it is likely a configuration issue you have with your user account control settings.
    Wow so I restarted my PC and now I get this error when trying to start the emulator....

Fatal! No bootable Medium Found. System Halted
    I cant believe how easy this was! (for a common user such as myself)

THANK YOU DEVELOPERS!
    just to clarify if you have the emulator going you need to shut it down in order to load software to the pre, at least in my case the installer defaults to tcp and then usb second, so shut down the tcp and it installs to the usb device
    Quote Originally Posted by diyeiogt View Post
    I cant believe how easy this was! (for a common user such as myself)

THANK YOU DEVELOPERS!
    I resisted for as long as I could, but decided to give it a try today - it was a piece of cake. Many thanks to all involved!!
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by jpostel View Post
    Got it working on Vista 64.

The main problem I had was with the palm-install.bat. I had to modify some of the batch file to work properly on my system.

I had to set a java path. For some reason, I don't have it set in my user or system path, so I just added it to the palm-install.bat. You will have to set this to wherever Java is installed on your system if you don't already have it defined. Quickest way to tell is open a DOS window and type

java -version

If it does not return a proper value, then you have to add in the path. I added this line to the beginning of the palm-install.bat

set PATH="C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin"

I also had to remove the parentheses from the line

for %%j in (%JARS%) do set CP=!CP!;%JARS_DIR%\%%j

I have one app loaded, so I will reboot everything and make sure it still works.
    i am trying really hard to understand what you did... ok im at a loss when you said you put the line in front of palm install. and the second part too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike27t View Post
    Thats the same boat im in, installs on the emulator but not on the actual phone. Ive tried on Vista and XP multiple times including starting from scratch, but still no luck.

Once I drag and drop the command prompt runs about four lines of script and still I dont have the app on my pre.

Not sure what im doing wrong
    That's what happened to me. I restarted the comp. And then kept insisting on dropping the file. On some apps I have to drop it on the install file like 10 times till I finally got the code to run in the DOS window.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Ok, i hate to be one of those people that asks a question that's been answered elsewhere in the thread, but I'm new here (got my Pre 2 days ago), and while I've hacked things before (gps, etc), this seems a little above me, and considering the value of my phone, I'd really rather not screw anything up.

So, I'm running Windows Vista 32 bit, does the solution in post 182 work with this?

Thanks in advance for any help I can get, and while I don't expect anyone to be that nice, if someone would be willing to give me an IM screen name of some kind and help walk me through this, it'd be very much appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by strat1227 View Post
    Ok, i hate to be one of those people that asks a question that's been answered elsewhere in the thread, but I'm new here (got my Pre 2 days ago), and while I've hacked things before (gps, etc), this seems a little above me, and considering the value of my phone, I'd really rather not screw anything up.

So, I'm running Windows Vista 32 bit, does the solution in post 182 work with this?

Thanks in advance for any help I can get, and while I don't expect anyone to be that nice, if someone would be willing to give me an IM screen name of some kind and help walk me through this, it'd be very much appreciated.
    No. 182 only worked on windows 7. I would help you but as I reiterate, 5% of vista users seem to have got it to work. But aye, good luck.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    I also have wubi-ubuntu, any chance of it working off of that?
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Count me in the 95% of Vista 32 users who followed the outstanding directions on installing the home brew apps in the palm BAT file, but who did not conclude with successful installation. Curse Bill Gates and the Vista OS!
    Oh, I don't know about that
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Any tips on how to get into the 5% of Vista 32 users who accomplished install?

PS. Still frustrated at Bill Gates for making my scanner a worthless paper weight after "upgrading" from XP.
    Anyone have any problems getting the mojo sdk to work? After installing the sdk, I reboot my computer and get the dreaded blue screen of death! Cannot even boot into safe mode. Luckly I have a ghost image to get me back up and running within 10 mins. Any ideas? I am running XP SP3.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    dumb question for the day: Is this different than rooting your pre, or is this the steps for rooting? I recently completed it, but would like root access for some of the other coded tricks.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Forget it...found my answer. This is different. Found the Wiki.
    How come I dont see palm-install.bat in my pc when I did step 1? Can you help me how to get palm-install.bat ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Muyiwafly View Post
    i am trying really hard to understand what you did... ok im at a loss when you said you put the line in front of palm install. and the second part too.
    I had to edit the palm-install.bat with notepad or whatever you have to include a line that declares the PATH to the java.exe file. Some systems man not have that declared, even if they installed Java "properly".

Code:
    set PATH="C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin"
    NOTE FOR 32bit VISTA OR XP: this path is not the correct default path for 32bit Windows. It is the default for 64bit only.

There is another line near the bottom of palm-install.bat that I had to edit the line to remove the parentheses. I am not sure why it reacts that way, but I have seen other scripts and batch files behave differently on 64bit, so I'm not really surprised. The modified line is below.

Code:
    for %%j in (%JARS%) do set CP=!CP!;%JARS_DIR%\%%j
    I would suggest that the original poster put a note about testing Java, and not just having it installed, because I have seen far too many instances where it does not register properly and local Java apps don't work.
    Quote Originally Posted by cp4runner View Post
    How come I dont see palm-install.bat in my pc when I did step 1? Can you help me how to get palm-install.bat ?
    You have to go to c:\program files\palm\sdk\bin

or c:\program files(x86)\palm\sdk\bin

depending on using 64bit or 32bit windows.
    Quote Originally Posted by tntsniper View Post
    Wow so I restarted my PC and now I get this error when trying to start the emulator....

Fatal! No bootable Medium Found. System Halted
    Anyone know what this could be?