Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
    Okay. I have vista 64. I downloaded VirtualBox and SDK. Palm emulator does not work on Vista 64. I installed XP Corporate on VirtualBox. I then installed another VirtualBox within XP VirtualBox. Also, I installed SDK within VirtualBox XP. I can run the emulator within VirtualBox XP. Here is where I get stuck. I cannot get the VirtualBox XP to recognize my Pre via USB. If anybody was able to follow me and has any suggestions, please reply. I hope this is of any help for Vista 64 users.
    i ended up going to a friends house to see if it would work on his laptop cuz i had no luck on my vista 64 and it worked ridiculously easy. he has vista 32 bit. and now im enjoying the goodies yay!!!!
    Got this working on Mac. Follow step 1&2 on the original instructions. But instead of downloading the Windows SDK download the Mac one. Do a Google search you will find it. After that follow these directions:

Step 3
    Download the App you want.

Open terminal (Applications>utilities>terminal
    type:

Code:
    palm-install
    put a space after palm install then drag and drop your .ipk onto terminal.

Should look like this:

Press enter and it should look like this:

I blanked out all the numbers in that image I wasn't sure if they were identifying in any way. (Not like Palm doesn't already know who I am haha)

That's it!
    Last edited by TheInvsbleMan; 07/11/2009 at 06:29 AM.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    I keep wondering if the problems people are having is related to the strict security settings Vista has placed on the Program Files directory. I know I'm restricted from moving folders into Program Files without 'permission' but somehow I can't provide myself that permission.

I'm trying to find a work-around. I haven't been able to install the SDK anywhere but Program Files and have it work with VBVBVB.
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    I'm a new member and I just wanted to say thanks to all of you who contributed to this thread. In the end all I had to do was install the latest version of Java to get it to work for me
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thatwilsonguy View Post
    I am having the same problem as a few other people in here. I'll try to go down the list of barriers I ran into and what I have done so far to fix it.

-downloaded / installed new java, vitualbox and SDK with no problem.
    -Phone is in DEV mode no problem
    -Phone reset and computer recognized it as a Novacom device but failed to find the driver. I had to manually browse for the driver in the SDK.
    Upon restart computer again recongized it as new hardware and attempted to install and I get this error

Device driver software was not successfully installed
    please consult with your manufacture blah blah blah
    OMAP3430 device unplugged

In just charge mode my phone shows up as removable media and if I try to access the device it says please insert disk.

If I attempt to drag and drop an ipk to the install bat I get a window pop up for about a millisecond with no other error and no app on phone.

update: Running 64 Bit Vista Home
    I am getting the same error. Only problem is that I am actually using Windows XP. Any ideas? Thanks for any responses
    Quote Originally Posted by TheInvsbleMan View Post
    Got this working on Mac. Follow step 1&2 on the original instructions. Then follow this: [...]
    It's the same process with the Linux SDK and the "palm-install" command in terminal
    Good to know.
    I m running vista home 32bits on hp but
    Downloaded and installed Virtual Box, SDK, Java and Safari
    Pre is in developer mode
    Connected Pre to computer and selected just charge
    Novacom driver installed on desktop -- computer sees the dev mode palm as a novacom device.
    have an ipk file and found palm-install.bat

This is where things mess up for me. The drag and drop technique does not work. A command window flashes for an instant and I can't see what it says. Nothing gets installed onto my pre. my palm emulator dont even run or opens

Suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by ohenebajoy View Post
    Pre is in developer mode
    Novacom driver installed on desktop -- computer sees the dev mode palm as a novacom device.

This is where things mess up for me. The drag and drop technique does not work. A command window flashes for an instant and I can't see what it says. Nothing gets installed onto my pre. my palm emulator dont even run or opens

Suggestions?
    My suggestion would be to uninstall everything, and start from the begining starting with Java, then restart. After that install virtual box, restart. Install SDK restart again. Then follow all directions as normal : download .ipk file, open Palm->SDK->bin-> then drag your app onto "install.bat". Of course don't forget about the phone being in dev mode, and in "just charge".

This is what worked for me, it is a lot of restarting which of course may not be needed, but for me it worked good luck, and don't give up.
    Quote Originally Posted by ohenebajoy View Post
    Pre is in developer mode

Suggestions?
    Im in the same boat man, I have everything set up and still fail.
    i followed all the steps but when i go to run the emulator this is the error message i get ..

.virtualbox\machines\palm emulator (sdk47)\palm emulator (sdk47).xml' already exists

any idea what numerous things i probably did wrong?
    I feel so S.M.R.T. I can follow directions! Now my Pre is side-loaded with these wonderful homebrews. Thanks to this great community of clever people!
    i like the UrbanSpoon, its a nice app on the iphone
    Got it working on windows 7 rc1 32 bit. Perfect!
    Quote Originally Posted by iwalkthrowwalls View Post
    Okay. I have vista 64. I downloaded VirtualBox and SDK. Palm emulator does not work on Vista 64. I installed XP Corporate on VirtualBox. I then installed another VirtualBox within XP VirtualBox. Also, I installed SDK within VirtualBox XP. I can run the emulator within VirtualBox XP. Here is where I get stuck. I cannot get the VirtualBox XP to recognize my Pre via USB. If anybody was able to follow me and has any suggestions, please reply. I hope this is of any help for Vista 64 users.
    With "Windows Virtual PC" there is an "attach USB device" option. Look for something similar within VirtualBox.

Try this instead of VirtualBox, as it should have the "attach usb device option"

I hope this helps!
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Has anyone had a issue after install the SDK on Windows XP Pro? I got the fatal blue screen and had to restore my computer from scratch.
    Global Posts
    400 Global Posts
    Hi,

I am bit confused on how you got the Mojo SDk working on your Mac when its a exe file. Did you use crossover or something. Thanks for the help man
    I have found a solution to our problems. In Vista, you need to run everything as an admin. If you run the emulator as an administrator, it should solve your problems, but creates another one....

"Fatal: Could not read from the boot medium"..........................argh

Cannot get the Emulator to work, but after my troubles I can get the apps loaded. Woo hoo.
    Last edited by pogeypre; 07/08/2009 at 01:51 PM. Reason: boo boo
    "Error reading setup intialization file"

This message comes up when double clicking the downloaded file to install the SDK. Anybody else having trouble installing the SDK? Running XP SP3

Thanks!