Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 607
  1. #201  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightburn View Post
    If you're like me and you want to use this within Windows 7 64bit RC, or if you're having problems in 32bit Windows 7, follow these steps:

    1. Obtain a copy of "Windows XP Mode Beta" from here and install it - make sure to grab the 64 bit version (the 32 bit version will not install on 64bit)
    2. With the virtual machine shutdown go to start -> all programs -> Windows Virtual PC -> Virtual Machines
    3. Right click the virtual machine and go to settings, increase the memory limit from 256 to 1024 (The palm SDK would not load with only 256 memory, you can try 512, I just did 1024 though).
    4. Start your virtual machine and install VirtualBox, the SDK, and JAVA (You may not need to install VirtualBox)
    5. Restart the virtual machine
    6. Launch the palm emulator within your virtual machine (You may be able to skip this step)
    7. Put your Pre in Developer mode and attach it to your computer (just charge).
    8. Important!: At the top of the Virtual Windows XP window click USB and then "Pre Attach"
    9. Drag and drop applications onto palm-install.bat within the virtual machine.

    I hope this helps someone out. Thanks.
    Step 2 doesn't make sense. There is no directory made for Windows Virtual Machine after just installing windows xp mode beta
  2. #202  
    im getting this error...

    \palm\SDK\share\jar\%j> was unexpected at this time....

    windows vista/ virtual box/sdk installed etc etc... help a brother out...
    phone IS rooted..
  3. #203  
    does the virtual windows stuff only apply to windows xp computers?
  4. #204  
    Quote Originally Posted by Muyiwafly View Post
    does the virtual windows stuff only apply to windows xp computers?
    It's for windows 7 to emulate xp for this. I'm having so many issues with it right now though.

    Whenever I click "Pre Attach" I get an error saying it can not.

    Doesn't make any sense...
  5. #205  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazz View Post
    Step 2 doesn't make sense. There is no directory made for Windows Virtual Machine after just installing windows xp mode beta
    Mazz, sorry I didn't get more specific in my original post. On this page you must also download "virtual pc beta" step 2 and step 3 downloads. Install both, reboot your pc, and you'll see the Windows virtual pc added to all programs.

    I'll update my original post.
  6. #206  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazz View Post
    It's for windows 7 to emulate xp for this. I'm having so many issues with it right now though.

    Whenever I click "Pre Attach" I get an error saying it can not.

    Doesn't make any sense...

    Did you select "just charge" on your pre? Try uninstalling the SDK within your windows 7 installation. Maybe palm novacom is conflicting with the "stub" driver that allows the usb drive to attach.
  7. #207  
    Actually, I have the SDK installed in windows 7 too. Palm Novacom is showing up in my device manager. When I select attach, windows 7 gives me a balloon tip saying a stub driver was installed. Keep trying, this definitely works.
  8. #208  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightburn View Post
    Did you select "just charge" on your pre? Try uninstalling the SDK within your windows 7 installation. Maybe palm novacom is conflicting with the "stub" driver that allows the usb drive to attach.
    I uninstalled everything on my windows 7 installation and it is still giving me "Failed to attach USB device." Novacom driver and everything on win7 was wiped clean.
  9. #209  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazz View Post
    I uninstalled everything on my windows 7 installation and it is still giving me "Failed to attach USB device." Novacom driver and everything on win7 was wiped clean.
    My Windows 7 still has the SDK, VirtualBox, and Java installed. Check your device manager, when your Pre is in "just charge" mode is Windows 7 actually loading a driver for it ?
  10. #210  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightburn View Post
    My Windows 7 still has the SDK, VirtualBox, and Java installed. Check your device manager, when your Pre is in "just charge" mode is Windows 7 actually loading a driver for it ?
    It was doing the novacom one before but I still couldn't attach it. So I uninstalled the novacom driver on win7 and tried again w/ no prevail.

    So when I plug it in now it still tries to find the driver but fails(in windows 7)
  11. #211  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazz View Post
    It was doing the novacom one before but I still couldn't attach it. So I uninstalled the novacom driver on win7 and tried again w/ no prevail.

    So when I plug it in now it still tries to find the driver but fails(in windows 7)
    Try this:

    1. double click on it device manager then click "update driver"
    2. browse for the driver on your computer and point it to:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Palm\SDK\bin\novacom\driver

    It should find a driver and install it.
  12. #212  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightburn View Post
    Try this:

    1. double click on it device manager then click "update driver"
    2. browse for the driver on your computer and point it to:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Palm\SDK\bin\novacom\driver

    It should find a driver and install it.
    Finally got it. I hads to restart the virtual machine w/ the pre connected through usb then attach it right after boot up. Then once driver attempted to load. Reset Pre then restart Windows XP Virtual machine, Re-attach pre and it finally showed up w/ driver.

    Apps showing up now!

    Thanks nightburn. Took me all day, but finally got it!
  13. #213  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazz View Post
    Finally got it. I hads to restart the virtual machine w/ the pre connected through usb then attach it right after boot up. Then once driver attempted to load. Reset Pre then restart Windows XP Virtual machine, Re-attach pre and it finally showed up w/ driver.

    Apps showing up now!

    Thanks nightburn. Took me all day, but finally got it!
    Great, glad you got it working. It does seem to be kind of fussy though. It would be nice if we could improve my original post so others have it easier.
  14. psm9's Avatar
    Posts
    328 Posts
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    #214  
    Well, I got everything to work using my laptop running 32 bit XP.

    I had the same problem folks were having with Vista 64 bit:
    1. Clicking emulator icon did nothing.
    2 Dragging and dropping ipk's onto the install.bat gave me the split second command window and failed to install anything.
    3. Tried installing the latest java, but no effect

    On the XP laptop, everything worked like a charm.

    You guys rock!
    Palm V -->m505 -->Tungsten T3-->T5->Centro-->Pre!
  15. #215  
    so vista 64 seems like a no go.....guess im going to borrow a friends pooter :'(
  16. #216  
    Quote Originally Posted by Penal.discharge View Post
    so vista 64 seems like a no go.....guess im going to borrow a friends pooter :'(
    You could always try the virtual machine route. It's working for us on windows 7 64 bit.
  17. #217  
    Ive done all the steps and i've dropped the ipk files into the install.bat file but nothing happens on the pre itself. Could some one help me please
  18. Mike27t's Avatar
    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    #218  
    Not sure what im doing wrong, any help is appreciated.

    Installed the following and restarted the pc
    - Updated Java
    - Virtual Box
    - SDK

    Confirmed
    - Pre is in developer mode
    - Pre is attached to PC and is in "just charge" mode
    - Novacom has started

    When I drag and drop the ipk file into palm-install.bat the command prompt opens and aproximately 4 lines of code will run, command prompt will close. The app shows installed on the emulator, but I do not see it on my pre.

    I have attempted this on Vista 32bit and XP with no luck

    Am I doing something wrong? Have I missed a step?
  19. synplex's Avatar
    Posts
    90 Posts
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    #219  
    I followed the steps on my Vista 32bit Hp laptop. Everything worked perfectly fine. I've installed about 7 apps so far and they all work flawlessly.
    @ everyone still having problem, did you read everything carefully? and did u install the SDK and Virtual Box and restart ur comp before plugging in ur pre?
  20. #220  
    well after almost giving up on the whole thing in hopes that there would one day be an "easier" way, I have figured it out. It was all just simply starting from scratch all over again. My laptop wouldn't do it but the wifes did, so thanks to everyone who put in tips/tricks, and to sir_mycroft for posting this originally!

Posting Permissions