Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Update thread title to:
    pDice - A D&D dice rolling app! v1.1.1 [was 1.1] (7/30)

You are on a roll!

- Craig
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by windisch View Post
    I way-off request would be to see the dice roll around the screen instead of just being lined up. That's more of a visual preference than anything else.
    I was looking through the different visual actions the SDK has, and I also noticed that the 8-Ball app has a slight rotating, fading animation going on, so I'm gonna try to work something like that in.

Problem is, since the actual number is text and not part of the image, it might look wonky hehe. We'll see how it pans out.

I'm gonna take out the sound for the next release, until I find a way to add a custom sound. So far, the SDK only allows system sounds. Has anyone noticed an app with custom sounds ations I could take a look at?
    Quote Originally Posted by robobeau View Post
    I'm gonna take out the sound for the next release, until I find a way to add a custom sound. So far, the SDK only allows system sounds. Has anyone noticed an app with custom sounds ations I could take a look at?
    Is it not easy to simply play an MP3 when you roll?
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    Not the update I was waiting for. Any idea when you might add multiple dice types?
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    I don't plan on adding multiple dice types any time soon, honestly.

I don't see any need to make the dice results more complicated, considering you could achieve the same results by rolling a few times in a row. I personally don't know anyone who rolls multiple die types at the same time.
    I don't plan on adding multiple dice types any time soon, honestly.

I don't see any need to make the dice results more complicated, considering you could achieve the same results by rolling a few times in a row. I personally don't know anyone who rolls multiple die types at the same time.
    I gave my reasons why. Also, I wasn't the only person in this thread requesting the feature, so maybe listening to your potential customers might be a good business strategy. If you're not that up to speed with how D&D is played, then maybe you should change the name (and theme) of the app to something other than D&D! If you want a clue as to how to make a fully function D&D dice roller app, check out the one for the iPhone (it lets you roll multiple dice at the same time, by the way). I'll be uninstalling promptly and patiently waiting for another app that will meet the needs of D&D players and not the needs of every other game out there. Thanks anyway...
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    I don't own any iAnything, but I'll get my roommate to download it and check it out. Thanks for the tip.

Edit:// Holy crap, I checked out MachDice, and that is a very nice app. I'm not going to use the formula approach, because that is outright stealing, but there's a lot in that app I would like to incorporate into my own. (mainly the 3D dice... sigh...)
    Last edited by robobeau; 08/03/2009 at 12:21 AM.
    just a suggestion, when on a 20 sided roll if a 1 is rolled can there be like an epic fail type sound? would be a great audio sign that someone failed a roll with a 1. and can there be an option so that the dice can be set to a larger size? would be great if the palm can be placed in the center or near the gm and have eveyone use the dice roller so he can see the roll better.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Problem with that is that if you roll a 20 and a 1, what would happen? :P

I wanna implement all sorts of sound events but Palm hasn't released a way to add custom sound events to apps.

Also, I got word from the 8-Ball app dev that the "shakestart" event doesn't work, even though "shaking" and "shakeend" do. I'll play around with getting it to work, tho I'm not happy with how hard you actually have to shake the phone to get it to respond. I hope Palm addresses this in the near future.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    I just wanna toss in my 2 cents. I'm just listening to the old D&D Insider podcasts and one of the devs said he'd love to see an app that lets you roll a D20 and weapon/buff damage and adds the damage together (I.e. Ignore the 20 sides). You'd make his day as much as mine I love this app and would kill to see more features
    Sorry if this has been asked previously, but any chance on changing the die displayed to the correct polyhedron instead of the d12 all the time? I.e.; "2 d6" would be two square dice, "2 d4" triangular, etc. Cool app!
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    How's that update looking?
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Funny you should mention that.

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ide-lists.html

After getting Mach Dice on a friend's iPhone, I am clear on how the app should function, and am sort of re-factoring the whole thing.

I'm trying to get Selectors inside a list, so it's easy to add / remove multiple die types. So far I've gotten the selectors to appear and function, but I have been unsuccessful in getting the data off them.
    Funny you should mention that.

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ide-lists.html

After getting Mach Dice on a friend's iPhone, I am clear on how the app should function, and am sort of re-factoring the whole thing.

I'm trying to get Selectors inside a list, so it's easy to add / remove multiple die types. So far I've gotten the selectors to appear and function, but I have been unsuccessful in getting the data off them.
    I just checked out a youtube video for that app. WOW!!!!!!!!!!

I have to admit that is simply AWESOME!!!! How did they get that 3D look?
    They seemed to able to tilt it and it looks like actual dice sitting on the screen. I am impressed on that one. I wonder of the Pre could even do that!!
    Okay I know it just renders according to the tilt accelerometer but still..Sweet!
    For some reason I am now a bit jealous of the iPhone as far as its more sensitive accelerometer. The Pre's just may not work good enough to allow an on the fly render like that. Unless Palm can fix it in a patch.

Get your program to do something like that and you will have a serious hit on your hands.! ii
    Remember the different boards/types as well, that is so cool.

I am going to have to buy this for my ipod touch now. ii
    Last edited by Paladin; 08/18/2009 at 12:19 PM.
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    I just have a couple of suggestions. Sound effect of dice rolling instead of beeping. Or if not to be able to turn the sound effect off. Also an option for a die 100. Graphics for each kind of dice. More than one kind of dice at i time. These are my suggestions but after seeing that video for Mach Dice, even half of them features would be really awesome. I don't see any reason these apps could not be done on the pre, other than a few graphic elements.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Hey guys. Not really an update, but I wanted to let you know the progress (sort of?) I've been making.

Mainly, the addition of multiple die and a graphic overhaul. Also re-did how I store the values so storing them in a cookie for the history scene.

I'm posting the IPK if you any of you feel daring enough to try it. It's pretty buggy, and lacks polish. The list selectors don't instantiate well, I'm still trying to figure that one out. Only the main scene works for the moment.

The only reason I haven't done a 100 die is 'cause it wouldn't really translate well into a small icon. I'll give it a shot, tho. Also, I just realized I should probably add a coin flip, too.

Edit: Removed the attachments, and moved them over to the front page to avoid confusion.
    Last edited by robobeau; 08/28/2009 at 09:15 AM.
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    Nice, looking forward to it.
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    Excellent! Can't wait to try it.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Update's on the front page! Go nuts and report any bugs, please!
    Last edited by robobeau; 08/28/2009 at 09:16 AM.
    over all I like the new look, it is simple and clean. might want it to be more clear as to what the buttons do. a way to save dice templates would be nice, at least save the last set (i thought the chest would save a set but it deletes them). It is nice to see the multi dice set and a real image of the dice. Nice Job! Keep up the work.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast