Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Awesome App. Thanks!!!!
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    Still trying to find a way to trigger sounds without rooting. Going to try to coordinate with the dev of BlockDrop to see if he's figured anything new out. It may just be a waiting game until Palm releases the next rev.

Think any further on implementing a second scene to handle multi-dice rolls?
    Very good job. Thank you.
    Any chance of an update by tomorrow?
    Quote Originally Posted by cloak.n.dagger View Post
    Any chance of an update by tomorrow?
    Guess not, bummer. Looks like I'll be throw'n down the physical dice tonight. Oh well. Any way, just noticed a magic 8 ball app posted and he seems to have triggered a roll event by shaking the Pre. This would be perfect for this app. Maybe you guys can collaborate?
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    Good catch. It would be worth installing just to see what his trigger was.
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    In his main app .jsjsjs, $under$ FirstAssistant.prototype.setup = function() { it's set up to:

this.controller.listen(this.controller.sceneElement, Mojo.Event.tap, this.handleTap.bind(this));
    this.controller.listen(document, 'shakestart', this.handleShakeStart.bind(this));
    this.controller.listen(document, 'shaking', this.handleShaking.bind(this));
    this.controller.listen(document, 'shakeend', this.handleShakeEnd.bind(this));
    Then, to handle the results:

FirstAssistant.prototype.handleShakeStart = function(event) {
    this.setBall();
    this.hideMessage();
    Event.stop(event);
    }

FirstAssistant.prototype.handleShaking = function(event) {
    this.setBall();
    this.hideMessage();
    Event.stop(event);
    }

FirstAssistant.prototype.handleShakEnd = function(event) {
    this.showRandomMessage();
    Event.stop(event);
    }
    Just started fiddling to see how easy it would be for me, a non-programmer, to augment the pDice code to include something like this. Doesn't look like rooting is required (thankfully).
    Quote Originally Posted by sushi View Post
    In his main app .jsjsjs, $under$ FirstAssistant.prototype.setup = function() { it's set up to:

Then, to handle the results:

Just started fiddling to see how easy it would be for me, a non-programmer, to augment the pDice code to include something like this. Doesn't look like rooting is required (thankfully).
    ShakeStart doesn't work yet. Don't forget to also put a stoplistener function in the Assistant.prototype.deactivate function too if you push any other scenes.
    love dice games!!! thank you so much!!
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    btw - used this in our session this evening - worked very well for quick, discrete rolls (without the players being able to notice that I was picking up dice).
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Hey guys. Sorry I haven't posted anything yet. I've been busy catching up with the outside world, so little coding the last few days.

I'll try to get a release done this week, with what stable code I have done.

Also, good catch on the 8-Ball app. I wonder when they'll finally release the new SDK features...?
    Global Posts
    628 Global Posts
    File this under "ridiculously dorky".
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Suggestions, can you change the die graphic to match the die type? This would be very helpful I think. Also any chance of being able to roll me than 1 die type at a time?
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    pretty cool good job for first app
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBobaFett View Post
    Also any chance of being able to roll me than 1 die type at a time?
    Hahahaha! Would you be surprised if this wasn't the first time someone requested that?

...I think I'll add it, just for ****s and giggles.

Small update, tonight. Preferences pane is working (as far as I can tell), and minor graphical tweaks.

Working on Customizable Roll History (with separate pane) and yes, I am definitely going to add graphics for all the different dice types.

Currently trying to re-factor how I'm handling the history, since I'm literally saving the HTML for all the rolls, instead of just saving the values, and parsing through them, later. A dumb move, indeed.

Also, a friend suggested I should add a probability matrix as a separate pane, but he's a huge nerd. :3
    Great improvments ! I like the addition of adding the sum of all dice makes calculations eaiser with large rolls. Keep up the good work can't wait till shake/accelerometer support is added.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dilandu View Post
    Great improvments ! I like the addition of adding the sum of all dice makes calculations eaiser with large rolls. Keep up the good work can't wait till shake/accelerometer support is added.
    I messaged the creator of the 8-Ball app yesterday! I looked through his code, but couldn't understand what exactly has handling the accelerometer, so hopefully he can shed some light on that!
    Great app, though I have noticed a bug where it will only roll 1 die instead of whatever number you rolled (10x20 sided is what I was doing).

Also for the love of all that is good and holy in this world, please turn off the beep sound!
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Amandyke View Post
    Great app, though I have noticed a bug where it will only roll 1 die instead of whatever number you rolled (10x20 sided is what I was doing).

Also for the love of all that is good and holy in this world, please turn off the beep sound!
    Can you tell me what where the conditions in which you experienced this...? Chances are, you switched the Die# and Type after a Re-roll was declared. This is not a bug, persť, but it's good that you brought it to my attention.

And if you're hearing a beeping sound, then something must be up with your PrPrPrť. $It$'$s$ $supposed$ $to$ $sound$ $like$ $a$ &$quot$;$woosh$&$quot$;.
    Great job with the app. I agree with some of the other posters. Adding a shake option and a different sound would great when you get it all figured out. I way-off request would be to see the dice roll around the screen instead of just being lined up. That's more of a visual preference than anything else.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast