Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tavisjohn View Post
    If the "Exploding Dice" thing is turned on, then any red die are re-rolled seperatly. So maybe that is the case.
    Well it's accurate to say that it's connected with the explosion switch. But it doesn't seem to have any bearing on the number of red die.
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    nice app....fond memories of playing ad&d many many moons ago
    Palm Pre (Sprint)
    this is a great app, now i dont have to go and find a dice all the time
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Red die don't re-roll, or anything, actually. It's just a way to note the critical fails. Re-rolls are done (it re-rolls ALL the gold die on the next roll), no matter what, if the explosion switch is turned on.

I'll look at the rolls more closely to see if I can reproduce this "bug".
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by robobeau View Post
    Red die don't re-roll, or anything, actually. It's just a way to note the critical fails. Re-rolls are done (it re-rolls ALL the gold die on the next roll), no matter what, if the explosion switch is turned on.

I'll look at the rolls more closely to see if I can reproduce this "bug".
    You are correct sir. It is the gold die, not red. Crazy exploding dice anyway.
    Great update
    will there be anymore?
    if yes what can we look froward to?
    thanks again
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    And here's the code to add vibrate (note that you'll need to change your appinfo.json id to "com.palm.pdice" and rename the directory - there are some that are mentioning non-palm apps should be installed to /var/usr/palm/applications vs /usr/palm/applications btw). Place this below the audio event I posted previously and you'll get both events.

Code:
     // Fire off a vibrate event
            this.serviceRequest = new Mojo.Service.Request("palm://com.palm.vibrate", {
                method:'vibrate',
                parameters:{'period': 0, 'duration': 150 }
            });
    Not bad, not an iphone app but darn close.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Thanks for all the input, sushi. A lot of that stuff is going to help.

The next update might come NEXT next week, since I downloaded the latest SDK, and some things BROKE (I have no idea why). I'm going to take some time to check out all the code to check that everything is proper.

Currently, I'm working on Preferences for the toggle, as well as enabling / disabling it on the Main Scene.

Right after that, will be the separate History Page, and if I have time to squeeze it in, a configurable history amount.

Still mulling over how to add modifiers to it, so that's last on the queue.

So, yeah. Taking it slow the next couple of weeks, since I've been currently working weekends (ffffffffff...), and haven't had much time. I'm still poking at the app every other day, so don't think I'm getting lazy, hehe.
    Quote Originally Posted by robobeau View Post
    It would be possible to create multiple dice and quantities, but the results would get incredibly messy to sort out and archive. I think the simple nature of the app is best, for now.

I've worked 6 straight days... 12 hour day today was pretty killer. I'm playing around with the app as I write, and as soon as I can figure out 2 things, I'll post an update:

1. how the heck do I get rid of the commas, when spitting out an array...?
    2. trying to figure out that cool, slide effect, like on the Xbox Friends app. That is SLICK.

3. oh yeah, i'm still trying to figure out this whole "cookie" thing, so the history is remembered, hahaha
    That's a bummer! i would love to see the added functionality as I can't use it for my D&D games with the current functionality. I'm not sure how the warhammer game play incorporates D&D game dice but I guess it works for them. Guess I'll have to hold out until multiple dice option is added.
    As a suggestion, is there any way to trigger a dice roll by using the accelerometer? Some of the guys I play D&D with have an iphone dice roller app and when they shake the phone, it rolls all the dice on the screen. Pretty cool stuff. I figured now that the SDK is out, stuff like this might be a little easier.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    If you're looking for sound files to read the dice, you can grab some from the asterisk phone system project.

asterisk-1.6.2.0-beta3.tar.gz, then the sounds/asterisk-core-sounds-en-gsm package inside of that, then the "digits" directory.

Of course, this is GPL stuff, so you can't distribute 'em unless you release your stuff as GPL too.
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cloak.n.dagger View Post
    As a suggestion, is there any way to trigger a dice roll by using the accelerometer? Some of the guys I play D&D with have an iphone dice roller app and when they shake the phone, it rolls all the dice on the screen. Pretty cool stuff. I figured now that the SDK is out, stuff like this might be a little easier.
    I've been trying to hunt that down, but thus far, no luck. =)

Adding multiple dice to the mix would be fairly easy. Perhaps a new scene with that capability?

I'm trying to think of a situation in DnD where I would need to roll more than one die type though...
    Quote Originally Posted by sushi View Post

Adding multiple dice to the mix would be fairly easy. Perhaps a new scene with that capability?

I'm trying to think of a situation in DnD where I would need to roll more than one die type though...
    This would be great to have the added functionality, people that need it can use it and people that don't need it can keep it simple.

As an example, I play a rogue class character. My weapon damage is a 1d6 plus my sneak attach damage is 2d8 and if I crit my weapon deals an additional 2d12. So, if I hit with an attack (not crit) where I have combat advantage I would select 1d6 and 2d8 for the roll. On a crit roll I still have to roll the sneak attack, 2d8 and the additional weapon damage of 2D12. There are a lot of other attack situations like this where this functionality would be very useful. If you could add that in, that would be awesome and this would be something that could replace my dice set. Also, if it could show a total for the roll that would be even better, but I can add so it's not a big deal.
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    Ahh! I knew there was something.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    No kidding! I scoured the documentation of the official SDK release, and I found nothing.

I was reading this thread, and apparently the accelerometer is a work-in-progress. http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...lerometer.html

Here's hoping they release it in the next few updates.
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    I'm wondering if something from the orientation end of the accelerometer could be used. Digging into the camera app for test material.

Oh, and the launch banner line is awesome. Just noticed it this morning. Personally, I'll roll for initiative and tackle the sneaky bugger.
    Last edited by sushi; 07/18/2009 at 01:18 PM.
    I'm wondering if something from the orientation end of the accelerometer could be used. Digging into the camera app for test material.

Oh, and the launch banner line is awesome. Just noticed it this morning. Personally, I'll roll for initiative and tackle the sneaky bugger.
    I just noticed an app called PreRun in the hombrew forum. Reading through the features it seems they got their app to use the accelerometer to change screen orientation. Maybe you can IM the developer and get some ideas on how the accelerometer is used. Can't wait for the added functionality! Any chance an update will be available before next Friday (that's my next game night)?
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    Looks like no accelerometer support (at least not what we are looking for) until the next release comes out. Apparently, it's in the SDK, but won't work on the phone yet.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Hey guys. So far, the few updates that I've managed to make are going good, save for small bugs. I got the Preferences scene done with a History Cache reset as well as a Toggle for showing the Explosion Toggle on the first scene. (A toggle for a toggle! Hah! )

Sushi, I finally started looking through your sound code, and it involves the user being able to root, so I don't think I'll be using it anytime soon.

I'm gonna do a release after the next PrPrPr $update$ $hits$, $since$ $I$ $wanna$ $make$ $sure$ $nothing$ $breaks$ $after$ $the$ $update$. $Dunno$ $if$ $you$ $guys$ $know$, $but$ $the$ $official$ $SDK$ $is$ $actually$ $running$ $on$ $a$ $later$ $version$ $of$ $webOS$ $than$ $what$'$s$ $on$ $your$ $phones$ $right$ $now$, $and$ $a$ $few$ $minor$ $things$ $broke$. $So$, $yeah$. $Safety$ $first$!

P.S. The update totally messed with the styling on my Selectors List and now there's a goddamned arrow that I can't get rid of, through CSS. BULL.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast