Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    So the issue is more about verifying the roll instead of doing This or That.

Your call, robobeau.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Well, I already have planned to put a loud dice rolling sound (instead of that lame "woosh" sound), so that DMs will have an audio queue to know when someone rolls (or tries to cheat by re-rolling), and also having the phone vibrate. I'm still not sure if that last one is possible, but I'll keep reading until I find something.

It makes sense to have a "Roll Log" (pun!), so that one could scroll back to the last 5(?) rolls and verify.

I'm going to mess with that idea when I get out of work. I'm not getting paid to develop PrPrPr $Apps$... $yet$.

P.S. I'm not really thinking about expanding this to other dice-based games, since I really have no clue how to play Yahtzee, but I am providing the source code (for the time being) so I'm sure that it should be relatively easy for you guys to modify and make your own variation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Kernel View Post
    And after Yahtzee, Boggle ain't that far off, either.

More than "hardly useful," I'd say.
    +1 Boggle!
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by frankos72 View Post
    +1 Boggle!
    another vote for Boggle
    an explosion on the dice wouls also be known as a crit or critical hit. On any die it would be the highest number you could get. If used for the d20 D&D system it would be like rolling a 20.
  6. KAM1138
    Wow, great looking app. I'm going to try installing it this evening. I had wanted to do this exact same thing, but now I don't have to!

KAM
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    I'll be queuing this up for install today. While I like the feel of dice, sometimes it's nice to hide the rolls completely from the players - so an ability to mute would be fantastic.
    maybe require a vigorous phone "shake" instead of the button to initiate the roll... sorta like how urbanspoon does to start its "slot machine"... that'd be a visual cue of someone re-rolling
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    What do you mean by "muting" the dice? I'm not sure that I follow.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    I think he means make a roll silent, so DM's could possibly "roll" if they were using this without the players hearing it.

But then I figure you can just hit the ringer switch for that really
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Awesome app. And technically, you could use this for yahtzee. Just hit 5 six sided die and roll. and yes, back in my d&d days, we also called it crits instead of explosions, but its all the same. Very neat app, will be fun to play with. Also will be learning, but not stealing, your code so thanks for sharing.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tycoonbob View Post
    Also will be learning, but not stealing, your code so thanks for sharing.
    A rose by any other name... Hahahaha.

I started learning me some Boggle to see how feasible it would be make another scene just for it. Seems simple enough, just a whole lot more variables.

I got a lot to experiment on this weekend. Work has been killer. I already got explosions / crits toggleable, and am working on a roll history. I already have the array collecting the last 5 rolls, I'm just not sure if to handle the history in a different scene or a slider, or I dunno... Downloading other people's apps and sources for ideas.

Note: There's 2 rolls below the first one, which is the history array. Still trying to figure out how to style the thing. Does anybody know to get rid of those annoying commas...? (Look at the girl's face closely)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by robobeau View Post
    A rose by any other name... Hahahaha.

I started learning me some Boggle to see how feasible it would be make another scene just for it. Seems simple enough, just a whole lot more variables.

I got a lot to experiment on this weekend. Work has been killer. I already got explosions / crits toggleable, and am working on a roll history. I already have the array collecting the last 5 rolls, I'm just not sure if to handle the history in a different scene or a slider, or I dunno... Downloading other people's apps and sources for ideas.

Note: There's 2 rolls below the first one, which is the history array. Still trying to figure out how to style the thing. Does anybody know to get rid of those annoying commas...? (Look at the girl's face closely)
    cant wait till you update it the dice explosions aren't good playing warhammer
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Haha, I am finding a lot of codes to just look and and learn JSJSJS $coding$. $I$ $know$ $HTML$ $decent$ $enough$, $but$ $not$ $so$ $much$ $on$ $CSS$/$JS$ $so$ $I$ $am$ $reading$, $experimenting$, $and$ $learning$. $Won$'$t$ $be$ $copying$ $and$ $pasting$ $your$ $code$, $no$ $worries$. $Great$ $app$, $and$ $the$ $explosion$ $switch$ $is$ $neat$.
    Yahtzee!! no but, seriously, nice job!
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Works pretty good.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Perhaps I'm a geek but this is a cool idea.

+1 robobeau.

Thanks for the donate link as well.

Any idea when an update will be forthcoming? I like the look of the emulator screen shot.
    Sweet! Great app. Would be a lot more functional if I could select multiple dice type and quantities and then roll all of them at once. As an example 1d20, 2d12, 1d6 and 2d8. This would complete and entire Attack and damage roll at once. Currently I have to roll each die type seperatly. Very nice though, for a first attempt. Now all I need is an app that I can import my character builder character sheet into and have it display all my character info on my phone!
    this app comes in handy
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    It would be possible to create multiple dice and quantities, but the results would get incredibly messy to sort out and archive. I think the simple nature of the app is best, for now.

I've worked 6 straight days... 12 hour day today was pretty killer. I'm playing around with the app as I write, and as soon as I can figure out 2 things, I'll post an update:

1. how the heck do I get rid of the commas, when spitting out an array...?
    2. trying to figure out that cool, slide effect, like on the Xbox Friends app. That is SLICK.

3. oh yeah, i'm still trying to figure out this whole "cookie" thing, so the history is remembered, hahaha
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast