Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    You're right about the coolness factor of this app. Nonetheless it has already proven helpful to me on more than one occasion. So, thanks for making it!
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by illskill View Post
    Can you make it green? Green is easier to see in low light..
    Concur, I'd like to see a green or blue/green option as well. Most cockpits are illuminated with green light now. Here's a great article on the subject.

Doug Kniffen's Green Astrolights
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by sinacism View Post
    I put together a graphic that you can have for free that is a flashlight.

http://sinacism.com/wp-content/uploa...lashlight2.png

I put it on my website go check it out tell me if you want it or not, I believe the icons are pngs I dont know of what size off the top of my head. If you like it and want it let me know I will be happy to give it to you. I think it looks cool the face of it is the camera and flash on the phone I wanted it to look Palmish (not amish I dont believe they can switch there current long distance provider).
    I'm a bit confused. Forgive me. I just replied to g33kgirl who linked to the same icon with some thoughts about an icon. PM me so we can chat.
    This is such an awesome app! Never knew I needed it so much until I installed it!
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    thanks, works great, now i can sneak around my house...and up on my wife.
    Hey CK whats up m8!!! Great App!!!
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    works great for me thanks for the work
    This app is perfect for when you go to the movies with your friends, and you're tasked with grabbing seats while your friends grab food. When they come into the dark theater looking for you, you can wave your Palm and it's easy to spot you.
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    so what exactly is this app for?
    Quote Originally Posted by sandman795 View Post
    so what exactly is this app for?
    Yes.
    does this only use the screen or the flash too?
  12.    #52  
    You have to root the phone in order to use the LED flash. BADD Flashlight, like many apps before it, uses a blank white or red screen as a flashlight.

PreGame's My Flashlight uses the flash. If you've rooted your phone I recommend it.
    Great app, I was using a bookmark to a blank page before... it's pretty effective. It would be nice if you could make it different colors... I think my iPod app has like a police setting and others that flash different colors... just an idea.

Thanks again, now I can get downstairs w/o waking my roommates!
    When we change brightness and time till screen shuts down is that for the flashlight or for all applications?
    Laissez Faire
  15.    #55  
    That controls the settings for the entire device. The Brightness button just opens Palm's Screen & Lock Preferences app.
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Kernel View Post
    That controls the settings for the entire device. The Brightness button just opens Palm's Screen & Lock Preferences app.
    Would be nice if it were only for the flashlight -- especially the timer.
    Laissez Faire
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Or even cooler what if you could change the brightness for just this app by swiping left/right and/or up/down directly on the light screen? If that's what you mean by 'tapping into the brightness api' then +1 vote for that! I keep my screen brightness fairly low to [hopefully] extend battery life, but having a flashlight that could temporarily override that would be incredible.

-Thanks for the great app, I use it all the time, especially when I don't feel like blinding myself when inevitably looking directly into My Flashlight's lit LED
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    thank you very much for all your hard work on this App. I work in dark basements everyday, and this will come in handy. tks again.
  19.    #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by kambroso View Post
    ... what if you could change the brightness for just this app by swiping left/right and/or up/down directly on the light screen? If that's what you mean by 'tapping into the brightness api' then +1 vote for that! I keep my screen brightness fairly low to [hopefully] extend battery life, but having a flashlight that could temporarily override that would be incredible....
    I am thinking along those lines. There's one feature ahead of it (not SOS) that needs to be operational before I focus on the brightness issue.

The lowest brightness setting on my Pre is more than enough for general use, but is terrible for the flashlight. I am pleased how the new button makes it easier to crank up the brightness, but I want it to be automatic.

Thanx for the comment.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    I Like the changes thank you
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast