Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Don't forget you can also market this app as a dead pixel tester. ;-)
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
  2.    #22  
    UPDATE: Version 0.1.2 released.

• Finalized app operation

• Less text, more light

• Researched(?) and selected a "more effective" red

• "OFF" screen now black, 'though it still gives off too much light

• Updated icon

• Added logo background

• Updated app ID
    The only issue I see with it Colonel Kernel is the Badd Lights logo in the App gets cut off at the head and tail end just a wee bit. Would it be possible to repost it with the logo either in a different place or resized to fit the screen? Overall, I think it is well done.
  4.    #24  
    After this app is all I want it to be I will consider adding some of the suggested features whether they were tongue-in-cheek or not.

SOS and a Dead Pixel tester are not bad suggestions as it'd be better to get these kinds of apps over and done with before things get moving.
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Can you push the pixels to do ultraviolet so we can check for blood spatter or GSR?
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
    Nice now i wont step in dog **** when im getting home late
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Kernel View Post
    After this app is all I want it to be I will consider adding some of the suggested features whether they were tongue-in-cheek or not.

SOS and a Dead Pixel tester are not bad suggestions as it'd be better to get these kinds of apps over and done with before things get moving.
    For what it is this app is great.

Thanks for the time and effort.

+1
    Decent, works well.
    Can you make it green? Green is easier to see in low light..
    thumbs up for me. it's an easy app, but we need easy apps too.

can't wait no more to start developing on pre!
    matro 180->270->600->650->750v->680->Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkCovers View Post
    Thanks for this. I really like the red light for use around my room at night.
    bow chicka wow wow...
  12.    #32  
    IMPORTANT APP UPDATE: Version 0.2 released!

Well, it's important for me at least, as BADD Flashlight is now a proper webOS app, with scenes and assistants and a near-useless index.html file.

Not as much for the user, I'm afraid, as it was all almost entirely under the hood. And since that was the case, I at least gave you a new background image. And for those needing to know, yes, the clipping is intentional.

Here's what's new:

• About menu and dialog

• Now a true webOS app

• Cleaned up CSS and improved Javascript

• Updated Artwork

Getting the Menu and About Dialog functioning was bittersweet, actually. They're too bright. I know Mojo/webOS has darker CSS options but I haven't figured out how to incorporate them yet.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by j0ebl0w View Post
    Hi,

Any chance that you can add an SOS functionality? That is, can you have the display flash out SOS...or other Morse Code words?
    LMAO..... u got a cell phone with location devices....couldnt u just call for help....hell for that matter call 911 and tell the S O S
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by WAMS View Post
    LMAO..... u got a cell phone with location devices....couldnt u just call for help....hell for that matter call 911 and tell the S O S
    Duh. Of course. But to be factual (I can't believe you made it this easy) if someone has no wireless signal and flashing an automated SOS signal isn't completelty [stupid], then YES I think it's good to have that option.

Look, I suffer no delusions regarding this app sitting at THE bottom of the webOS barrel. This was a learning exercise for me as will rigging up the timing for the SOS signal. Even if no one ever has a use for it it will have been useful to me.
    Last edited by Colonel Kernel; 03/10/2010 at 10:47 PM. Reason: editing out a supposedly naughty word
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    This is the last app I activate before I put the phone on the charger in my bedroom each night. If I get up and need a flashlight, the pre is the first thing I reach for. LOL.

Thanks!

p.s. I travel in my job, and spend a LOT of time in hotels. Always nice to be able to see where the heck I am without leaving a light on.
    Great job! To think, I almost bought Classic just to get my old flashlight app from my Treo 650 back! Between this and the stopwatch, very cool and VERY useful to me!
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Kernel View Post
    My Flashlight should win easily. After I figure out the screen brightness controls it may be a fair fight, but that's ... later.

What I want to see is a flashlight app that does both, so it works like a lantern, casting light everywhere it can. That app will be a drain on the battery, but in the right situation could be very usefull.
    Well, run both, you can MULTITASK.

Or turn on My Flashlight and use the red screen on this one, flip it back and forth real quickly while screaming, and you're like a fire truck!
  18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by ahitz View Post
    ... Or turn on My Flashlight and use the red screen on this one, flip it back and forth real quickly while screaming, and you're like a fire truck!
    LMAO!
  19.    #39  
    APP UPDATE: Version 0.2.3

• Both lights now display in Full Screen to maximize light

• Fixed About dialog that broke with webOS 1.1 update

• Moved Lights into their own scenes

• Increased size of buttons

FYI, if you're curious, this is what happened to the About dialog in BADD Flashlight and other apps after the webOS 1.1 update:
    I put together a graphic that you can have for free that is a flashlight.

http://sinacism.com/wp-content/uploa...lashlight2.png

I put it on my website go check it out tell me if you want it or not, I believe the icons are pngs I dont know of what size off the top of my head. If you like it and want it let me know I will be happy to give it to you. I think it looks cool the face of it is the camera and flash on the phone I wanted it to look Palmish (not amish I dont believe they can switch there current long distance provider).
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast