Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Nice looking game, oil. My suggestion would be to show some kind of highlighting in the "completable" boxes when you are playing with the "Require Box" option on. I don't always notice them and it would be a smoother game play if you could give me a hint about my legal moves beforehand, rather than show me the error message afterward.

Great job with this one.
  2.    #102  
    I might be able to do something like that...
    Was playing and then crashed the Pre. Not sure why yet ...
  4.    #104  
    Wow, that shouldn't have happened. I tested the AI extensively to make sure it wouldn't get stuck in any loops or anything. Were you running anything else at the time? Do you remember exactly what you/the game was doing when it crashed? (To be able to help, I'll need information past simply the fact it crashed.)

Has this happened to anyone else?
    Last edited by oil; 07/18/2009 at 03:15 AM.
    No other app was running as a card at the time IIRC. I have noticed that trying to click the lines at the top of the screen it does not always work and the press is caught by the menu or nothing at all. That is where I was clicking when the app crashed the Pre.
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    By far my favorite game on the pre so far. Thx for all the updates
    www.MTFX.tv
    -Touchpad owner
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Best apps I've see so far
  8.    #108  
    Quote Originally Posted by NetWhiz View Post
    No other app was running as a card at the time IIRC. I have noticed that trying to click the lines at the top of the screen it does not always work and the press is caught by the menu or nothing at all. That is where I was clicking when the app crashed the Pre.
    I know about the lines at the top being hard to hit when you have notifications open. It's something I plan to fix in the next release.

As far as it crashing, I really don't know what to tell you. Besides the fact it shouldn't have happened.
    cool game i cant wait to try it
    Has to be one of the most fun and playable games out for the pre right now. Since first version it has looked clean and professional. No "Created By" senfdfe" crap all over. It doesnt feel like ****ty homebrew I HIGHLY reccomend this to anyone who is somewhat bored with standard apps
    ahhh, more childhood memories.Thanks!
    Awesome app!! used to love this game as a kid!
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Love playin this game with my wife! Thanks for the app!
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oil View Post
    Wow, that shouldn't have happened. I tested the AI extensively to make sure it wouldn't get stuck in any loops or anything. Were you running anything else at the time? Do you remember exactly what you/the game was doing when it crashed? (To be able to help, I'll need information past simply the fact it crashed.)

Has this happened to anyone else?
    It locked up on me this morning.

difficulty: Hard
    board size: Huge

The game was to the point where no matter where the computer went, it would let me close multiple boxes. Like normal, the screen went reddish while the AI was calculating where to go. However, it stayed like this for about an hour. I could switch to card view, but could not flick the card off the screen, it kept bouncing back. No other cards were running. Additionally, the clock at the top middle of the screen was stuck at 8:55, but if I hit the screen off button, then again, the lock screen was displaying 9:02 I finally just pulled the battery to reset.
  15.    #115  
    Yeah, I should really disable the hard AI on anything above the normal board size until I get it running better. I'm not surprised it took a long time, but an hour is pretty ridiculous.

As far as it letting you complete multiple boxes anywhere (I assume even boxes that didn't have 3 sides?) then I know where the bug might have cropped up that caused that.

Not being able to close it / slowing down the clock, etc is due to the AI doing a bunch of branching loops to figure out moves, and taking too much of the pres processing time to let anything else happen. (something that would be fixed if I find a better way to do the hard AIs end-game function.)

So, until I come up with a update to fix the AI slowness, I suggest not playing the hard AI on any board above normal.

Edit:
    I decided to go ahead and attempt to fix the AI speed problems, and fix a couple bugs. Details in the first post.
    Last edited by oil; 07/22/2009 at 08:47 PM. Reason: Because! There is a new Update!
    oil,

Congratulations!

PreCentral has you in the top ten Homebrew apps so far!

My kids and I love this game. You are saving countless trees!

- Craig
    Love this game. The scrolling interface when in mode other than normal size isn't so great. I would love to have a zoom in/out feature or maybe have it work in Landscape view
    Looks like the 1.1 update screwed up some tags, game still works fine but the start screen is slightly messed up, as you can see ..
    Attached Images Attached Images
  19.    #119  
    Quote Originally Posted by smack View Post
    Looks like the 1.1 update screwed up some tags, game still works fine but the start screen is slightly messed up, as you can see ..
    Which is why I released v1.6.0 yesterday...

Check the first post.
    Quote Originally Posted by oil View Post
    Which is why I released v1.6.0 yesterday...

Check the first post.
    yeah, I just realized that I was still running 1.5.2, sorry about that. My fault.

Great game, btw. Good job!