Fixed "cheating"
    Added score keeper
    Faster reset time
    todo: (anyone wanna give me advice?)
    new graphics
    reset score
    incorporate mojo more
    notes:
    the way I named the app in 1.6 makes webos install it as a separate app. you can choose whether or not to uninstall 1.0

1.0:
    Two player tic tac toe

This is my first program ever! I started to teach myself to program once I got my Pre, and god is it easy. If it wasn't I wouldnt be releasing this with only 5 hours or so of work.

The game isn't perfect. But it does the basics. Please report problems and I will try to get them fix. Also, I am open to suggestions on the next game to develop. Make it simple.

If any assistance is need installing I can help, but in 1.04 you need to use the sdk.

until next time,
    kmax12
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Milominderbinder; 08/09/2009 at 06:01 PM. Reason: correct my error-sorry
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Awesome work.
    i still have 1.0.3 and i cannot use the email trick to install. Anyone else have luck installing?
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by a dumb cat View Post
    i still have 1.0.3 and i cannot use the email trick to install. Anyone else have luck installing?
    Whhops, I guess I need to package it specially for the email trick to work. I guess this is sdk instal only.

-from my pre
    kmax are u able to delete this app?? or is it one that cannot be deleted??
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    It will delete as much as other apps do. However I think all apps, even app cat ones, will leave some files on the phone. This app is tiny (11.2kb) so you don't have to worry.
    cool, so is this app one player or 2 player??
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    where did you learn to program so fast? i would love to know
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by knightflores View Post
    cool, so is this app one player or 2 player??
    two player for now. I think I am gonna rewrite the app(for practice and to optimize the code) and when I do this ill make an option.
    Quote Originally Posted by kmax12 View Post
    two player for now. I think I am gonna rewrite the app(for practice and to optimize the code) and when I do this ill make an option.
    how long would that take... not tryin to rush you just wondering.... still for how short of a time it took you to make the app its pretty bad ***. what tutorials did you study
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kenfly View Post
    where did you learn to program so fast? i would love to know
    Haha, just did a tutorial and used google searches to find how todo specific stuff. If you want I can send you the tutorial I used
    Quote Originally Posted by kmax12 View Post
    Haha, just did a tutorial and used google searches to find how todo specific stuff. If you want I can send you the tutorial I used
    Can you send me that tutorial as well.. I'd love to learn how to do some programing..
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by knightflores View Post
    how long would that take... not tryin to rush you just wondering.... still for how short of a time it took you to make the app its pretty bad ***. what tutorials did you study
    here's the one I used to get me started...
    Java script tutorial for the total non-programmer
    also it helped that I already new HTML.

I think I can have it done tomorrow night or the day after. I am in summer school biology so I gotta do the work I have been putting off all weekend.

Also, I am looking for some nice graphics for my next version, if anyone wants to contribute.
    could i get that tutorial as well please?
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    another important thing is that I use notepad++ to write my code in.

if anyone wants any specific advice pm me and I can give you my facebook or aim screenname so we could instant message.
    good job! keep 'em comin folks!
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    So, I am stumped. I am trying to write the AI for the next version of tic tac toe and I cant figure out how the AI should choose its move. More specifically, how can the AI identify the human player has two out of three in a row and make its next move to block it. If anyone can help me out with Ideas id be happy to send them the code.

I am kind of a noob when it comes to programing so I am not the best problem solver yet.

thanks in advance.
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    I figured I woudn't get any feedback so I went along and did it brute force. The AI checks every way to win the game, every turn.

Before I release I am gonna look at the switch function to try and accomplish my goal (my brother just told me about this as I type this reply)
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    just an update on the next release...

After 265 lines of code, I have a working AI! Now, maybe I'll make the AI a little smarter/make mistakes so the game is more enjoyable. Then I will add in recognition for when the game is finished.

Oh and I can't forget to add back in two player mode. Is there even interest in two player mode??? Does anyone know how I could do multiplayer(ie two pres playing or a pre and webpage)??

Well, good night. ugh biology for 6 hours tomorrow I love my pre
    Last edited by kmax12; 07/06/2009 at 01:28 AM.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Why don't you make a game where you break iphones so we can start another flame war? Lol
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast