Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Not to be nit-picky, but the AI is VERY primitive. I can do the same combinations each game over and over.
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Nice Job!!
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dcoaster View Post
    Not to be nit-picky, but the AI is VERY primitive. I can do the same combinations each game over and over.
    The game itself is primitive. If 2 people with a tiny amount of intelligence play against each other, they would tie every game. You can easily write an unbeatable AI.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nugget View Post
    The game itself is primitive. If 2 people with a tiny amount of intelligence play against each other, they would tie every game. You can easily write an unbeatable AI.
    I understand that. But, for example, if you select the top left corner, the AI picks the top center. Then I choose the bottom center, and it chooses the top right. I choose the bottom left and then it's just over for it. This same combination will keep happening.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dcoaster View Post
    I understand that. But, for example, if you select the top left corner, the AI picks the top center. Then I choose the bottom center, and it chooses the top right. I choose the bottom left and then it's just over for it. This same combination will keep happening.
    I know what you mean but realistically asking for the AI to be more challenging is simply asking for either the AI to be unbeatable or for the AI to know how to lose in different ways (I start in the top right corner btw :-p)...now, if we could get intelligent AI with 3D tic-tac-toe that would be awesome.
    Coming from a background with absolutely no coding whatsoever, I think the Dev has done an AWESOME job. Especially with the fact that he decided to include AI in it.

I'm currently working on his code to make the UI a little bit cleaner and to "Pre-ify" it a little. Unfortunately, I don't have plans to include AI anytime soon... so... you'll need a friend for this one... sorry.

If for some reason, I maintain interest, I might include a very basic (or "primitive") AI, if I feel like it. Otherwise, anyone else is more than welcome.

Hope I can release it soon!
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    I included code in it so that the AI would be more random, however, when I fixed a bug, it broke the AI randomness.

I might try to fix this, but Tic Tac Toe is kind of a lame game and I could easily right an unbeatable AI. If anyone wants it, and I got a feel no one really cares, it could be fixed.

If some people reply I will get working tonight and with SirataXero I could create a AI (that would randomly make mistakes) and have it using some pre GUI.

If there isnt any interest what application do people want??
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kmax12 View Post
    If there isnt any interest what application do people want??
    3-d tic-tac-toe!!!
    checkers
    chess
    chinese checkers
    monopoly
    risk

9. zxi
    Sweet!
    Thank you for the game
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nugget View Post
    3-d tic-tac-toe!!!
    checkers
    chess
    chinese checkers
    monopoly
    risk

All of those besides checkers are probably out of my leaque. I bet I could make a 2 player version of 3d tic tac toe tho. the AI would just be too hard for me.

I might start checker or give 2d tic tac toe a shot again tonight.
    Global Posts
    491 Global Posts
    I'm working on a version of Tic Tac Toe that includes a bit more options, hopefully I will post it soon.
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kesne View Post
    I'm working on a version of Tic Tac Toe that includes a bit more options, hopefully I will post it soon.
    Good to hear! I hope you release the source code because id be curious to see how you do it.

Just a heads up SirataXero and I are working on a tic tac toe app together. It is completely from scratch. Right now the two player is done and I am putting th finishing touches on the AI for the single player mode. Then I will get in touch with SX and hopefully we will be ready to release it tonight or tomorrow. This version should be glitch free and it uses totally different graphics (as a matter of fact, it uses no external graphics. all graphics are built in to the mojo framework)
    KMax, ? for ya. Will it be, the new one, able to be emailed and then installed since I still have 1.03? Thanx
    Also, I tried the email link on the 1st page, 1.8, and no luck to install. Any suggestions as I have been reading all the posts.
    uhh... how do I gain access to start a new thread and release an app in this section of the forums?

*edit* PLEASE ignore this post... I just realized there's a huge stickied thread that tells you how...

*embarrassed*
    this game brings back memries..lol ..classic
    There's another issue beside the primitive AI too. You can pretty much 'overwrite' any move. If you have two in a row and the AI blocks, then if you tap on the blocked square, then it'll put an X there and you'll win.

And it's one thing to make an AI that is beatable, but this will just ignore your having two in a row if you're in the right spots. If you go bottom right, middle, top right, you'll have the win in the bottom right every time. The same happens if you start in the top left, then middle, then bottom left.

But still, decent app for just learning to program.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    There's another issue beside the primitive AI too. You can pretty much 'overwrite' any move. If you have two in a row and the AI blocks, then if you tap on the blocked square, then it'll put an X there and you'll win.

And it's one thing to make an AI that is beatable, but this will just ignore your having two in a row if you're in the right spots. If you go bottom right, middle, top right, you'll have the win in the bottom right every time. The same happens if you start in the top left, then middle, then bottom left.

But still, decent app for just learning to program.
    You can also accidently overwrite your own pice and waste a move.
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre
    Great Job
    awesome job. thank you.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast