Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cell128 View Post
    Why don't you make a game where you break iphones so we can start another flame war? Lol
    humm...how would that game go?? (I am open to suggestions/ I'll try anything)
    Last edited by kmax12; 07/06/2009 at 01:17 AM.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    prob wont be alot of two player gaming going on with a phone, but the game is cool. As far as a game for breaking iphones, bring it on lol...
    Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    Great Work ... Theres a few people on here that create graphics see if they will hook you up with some nice icons etc to use.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kmax12 View Post
    Haha, just did a tutorial and used google searches to find how todo specific stuff. If you want I can send you the tutorial I used
    Could you please PM me the tutorial you used? Thanks!!

EDIT: Nevermind, just saw the link.
    Last edited by ucsbleo; 07/06/2009 at 09:44 AM. Reason: Didn't read all the way through
    Great for killing time. Thanks!
    Hey... I emailed it to myself on the SDK and didn't seem to work... : /

I guess i'll install it the ol' fashioned way...

palm-install... here I come...
    Sick man , now all we need is a halo 4 running on the pre and we will be set lol jp.
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Dang you beat me to it was working on one myself.
    Hey kmax... Great App!

One suggestion, if you can try to make it block a square once it has been clicked, so that "Player2" can't overwrite what "Player1" has already picked. As of right now, if I make one box an X, I can just click it again and make it an O. It's not a huge problem, just something that might limit cheating and/or playing with annoying people... And yeah... maybe if you could get cooler looking 3D icons for the X's and O's... that would be pretty cool.

Also, have you looked into overlaying a bar when someone finishes, so it would look like the three in series have been crossed out or something? That's just a suggestion, it might be a bit tricky since I have no idea how to do it... maybe you can figure it out?

All in all, awesome job!
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Hey kmax... Great App!

One suggestion, if you can try to make it block a square once it has been clicked, so that "Player2" can't overwrite what "Player1" has already picked. As of right now, if I make one box an X, I can just click it again and make it an O. It's not a huge problem, just something that might limit cheating and/or playing with annoying people...
    I'll make sure this is fixed in my next release which I anticipate to be out tonight

maybe if you could get cooler looking 3D icons for the X's and O's... that would be pretty cool.
    I just need the graphics. Maybe I'll try to get on photoshop myself and make them.

Also, have you looked into overlaying a bar when someone finishes, so it would look like the three in series have been crossed out or something? That's just a suggestion, it might be a bit tricky since I have no idea how to do it... maybe you can figure it out?
    All in all, awesome job!
    The way I have the game functioning I don't think it will be possible because I just have a table with images in each cell. so crossing over cells is a big no-no. To fix this I think (rather, what I have been told by my older and wiser brother) I need to use Canvas() in javascript. Can anyone back this up will it work once once I port it to mojo javascript? For my next app I am gonna learn this and make either pong, brick breaker, or downhill skiing game.
    Global Posts
    337 Global Posts

The way I have the game functioning I don't think it will be possible because I just have a table with images in each cell. so crossing over cells is a big no-no. To fix this I think (rather, what I have been told by my older and wiser brother) I need to use Canvas() in javascript. Can anyone back this up will it work once once I port it to mojo javascript? For my next app I am gonna learn this and make either pong, brick breaker, or downhill skiing game.
    Yup it will work using canvas, since mojo is based on webkit etc...

https://developer.mozilla.org/en/dra...cs_with_canvas
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by atlanta View Post
    Yup it will work using canvas, since mojo is based on webkit etc...

https://developer.mozilla.org/en/dra...cs_with_canvas
    cool, I'll check it out. hopefully the community will see a new game from me with once I learn this.

btw, tic tac toe 1.6 will be released very soon (like next couple hours), I am just fixing one glitch and working on the GUI
    Last edited by kmax12; 07/06/2009 at 06:37 PM.
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    I am sooooo close, does anyone know what the equivalent of alert() in webos is?
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    I have just attached Tic Tac Toe 1.6 to the opening post

New Features:
    Removed Two Player
    Added Single Player
    Fixed "cheating"
    Added score keeper
    Faster reset time

todo: (anyone wanna give me advice?)
    new graphics
    reset score
    incorporate mojo more
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Haha, just did a tutorial and used google searches to find how todo specific stuff. If you want I can send you the tutorial I used
    Yes please. I am a beginner and I understand real basic stuff but that link would be great

Sent from my Palm Pre
    This thread has made me want to read through some tutorials and make my own app.
    I don't really have the time, but it sounds like it would be a fun project.

Thanks for this kmax.
    I'd appreciate if you could put both 1 player and 2 player (pass and play).
    I'd get bored playing a computer. While waiting around at the movies, amusement park, etc. it's nice to have a little pass and play game, like Connect 4.

Edit: Sorry, just noticed you have both a 1 and 2 player version available. Anyway to combine them into one app?
    Last edited by DarkCovers; 07/07/2009 at 04:16 AM.
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkCovers View Post
    This thread has made me want to read through some tutorials and make my own app.
    I don't really have the time, but it sounds like it would be a fun project.

Thanks for this kmax.
    I'd appreciate if you could put both 1 player and 2 player (pass and play).
    I'd get bored playing a computer. While waiting around at the movies, amusement park, etc. it's nice to have a little pass and play game, like Connect 4.

Edit: Sorry, just noticed you have both a 1 and 2 player version available. Anyway to combine them into one app?
    Right now I am working with another forum member to learn the mojo framework better so that my games are prettier. After that I had planned to move on to my next game that used vector graphics created by the canvas element(Open to suggestions if anyone has any). However, if there is interest I suppose I can combine the two.
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kenfly View Post
    Yes please. I am a beginner and I understand real basic stuff but that link would be great

Sent from my Palm Pre
    I already posted it, but here it is again...

Good luck programming! I just started and it is really fun/addicting/rewarding.

here's the one I used to get me started...
    Java script tutorial for the total non-programmer
    also it helped that I already new HTML.
    Great app... however for 1.6, all I can say is "top right, bottom left, bottom right, and right middle...
    Global Posts
    491 Global Posts
    You can still cheat. You can hit any space that the computer has already hit.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast