Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I would love to see either a backgammon or a mancala game on the pre!! I have no design abilities otherwise it would be here. But I mean even the Nokia 3390's had mancala. Any takes? I know I would be up for donating some money if I saw those up here.
  2.    #62  
    anyone who wants to port a mancala there is an excellent implementation that is gpl at Free Software by Sam Clippinger -- JSmancala
    I love this game....
  4.    #64  
    now at 1.0.9 -- featuring new dialogs, winner screen, etc.
    I play a lot of 6x6 reversi on itsyourturn.com and would love to be able to practice against the Pre.

Are alternative board sizes a future possibility?

Thanks
    [QUOTE=rboatright;1731259]
    • Prior to 2009-08-08 the version was incorrect. The uploaded version now matches the screenshot.
    • 2009-08-08 User controls and game play controls now in place.
    • 2009-08-19 Help and about screens complete. Pref's screen present but not hooked up.
    • 2009-08-23 Prefs screen fully operational. Game Graphics substantially improved. Splash Screen.
    • 2009-08-31 Dialogs for no moves available, and for winning.
    [QUOTE]

I was just enjoying this game up until now you updated it recently like 2 days ago.. The game used to be quick and snappy. up until you added the notifications such as "You can't move there, sorry." dude this really slows down the game even though I'm an experienced reversi board player and I already know the game! I always play it at hard difficulty mode.
    So I have to tap [B]OK[B] every time it pops up which is annoying I can't help it because my fingers are just big and sometimes I tap a box which I didn't mean to tap. For me, it is nearly impossible to play this game with that message popping up every time I tap something by mistake. and it just slows the game down especially in the end "the game is over" a nice touch it doesn't bother me much but dude-it's not fun to play it anymore. Aside from my complaint, Is there an option to turn it off? these dialogs are annoying! And maybe add a tutorials section for those who are playing for the first time -without increasing the app memory space?

I would've left it the way it was and work on something else.. like Chess w/ multiplayer capability? Let you know I would donate for something like that. Just my 2cents.
    I'd also like to disable the "can't move there" (accidental taps on wrong box) and "player cannot move so skipping" (computer has no moves, but i do) messages, as well as the splash screen.

The graphics update is very nice, though.

Any plan on increasing the difficulty level and/or adding strategic opening moves for the computer?
    rboatright. Do you have a ipk of the older version. I might let this slide as I don't care for any updates. The fun ended after you post update on August 31st. I donated a while back for this app when I joined precentral. Give us a break will ya?
    is it dead in here or what?
  10.    #70  
    Got it. The error dialogs are annoying, and the app is no longer snappy.

I can fix that. See next rock.
  11.    #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by palmcrash View Post
    I'd also like to disable the "can't move there" (accidental taps on wrong box) and "player cannot move so skipping" (computer has no moves, but i do) messages, as well as the splash screen.

The graphics update is very nice, though.

Any plan on increasing the difficulty level and/or adding strategic opening moves for the computer?
    Instead of disabling them, I made them NOTIFICATIONS that just scroll across the black bar at the bottom of the pre screen.

Totally harmless.
  12.    #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by eKennedy View Post
    I play a lot of 6x6 reversi on itsyourturn.com and would love to be able to practice against the Pre.

Are alternative board sizes a future possibility?

Thanks
    not any time soon.
  13.    #73  
    fixed -- error dialogs gone -- notifications instead -- game plays fast again now.
    I loved this game when I needed to kill time at work. Years ago I used an old company-issued nextel phone that had the game installed. It had two player mode, which was just awesome. Do you know when two-player will be supported by this app?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by rboatright View Post
    fixed -- error dialogs gone -- notifications instead -- game plays fast again now.
    Back on track! You da man!
  16.    #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by a dumb cat View Post
    I loved this game when I needed to kill time at work. Years ago I used an old company-issued nextel phone that had the game installed. It had two player mode, which was just awesome. Do you know when two-player will be supported by this app?

Thanks!
    I'm going to work on themes and AI quality before I do that.
    Sorry
    Using notifications instead of dialog box kills 2 birds with 1 stone! I'd still prefer no splash screen on startup, but can live with it. Back to 5 stars!

Have you submitted it to App Catalog?
    One bug still exists from the previous version:
    When computer, as black, does not have any moves left but human does, the message "There are no moves for human, so ..." is given, instead of "There are no moves for computer, so ..."

Also, I'd suggest shortening the message to "No moves left for [whomever]". And instead of "The game is over and white wins!", just say "White wins!"
  19.    #79  
    Quote Originally Posted by palmcrash View Post
    One bug still exists from the previous version:
    When computer, as black, does not have any moves left but human does, the message "There are no moves for human, so ..." is given, instead of "There are no moves for computer, so ..."

Also, I'd suggest shortening the message to "No moves left for [whomever]". And instead of "The game is over and white wins!", just say "White wins!"
    well... ok, I'll think about the first.

Re the second, "no" .

Also, high score manager now running.

Themes WORKING but cookie not sticking. New release by the weekend.

You will LIKE the 1890's theme and the Stained Glass Theme thanks to Joshua Browder...

Rick
  20.    #80  
    1.0.16 has just been posted to PreCentral

This is the app catalog submission version and is so far as I know, "final" until I can get a MUCH better AI.

But never-the-less due to Josh B (sinacism)'s great graphics work, the app is now MUCH MUCH more professional.

Please go look.

Rick
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast