Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    If you have version 1.0.4 you cant install it.
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joek71 View Post
    If you have version 1.0.4 you cant install it.
    i have 1.0.4 and i just installed via SDK - works perfectly (non-rooted pre)
    I love Othello/Reversi, so this is greatly appreciated! The AI is better than most other ones I've tried (net, PalmOS, webapp, etc.), so nice job!

There seems to be no way of starting a new game, aside from closing and running a new instance. Also, aside from showing the scores in the next update, I'd prefer an option to disable the available-move hints, especially the next move score (good for beginners, but not for the experienced).
  4.    #24  
    ok, I fixed the subject.
  5.    #25  
    palmcrash - download the update (first post is updated.) see all the spiffy goodness.
    This is more a message for Deiter, but the subject still reads "rooting required," even 'though rboatright has changed the title of his individual post.

Along the same subject, anyway we can get the comments from his other post into this one or lock that one down or something?
    Last edited by Colonel Kernel; 07/07/2009 at 12:04 AM.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rboatright View Post
    or, you can install "commander" using this technique, then, you no longer need a terminal. Bring up commander and type that command into commander. Your app will install.
    Can't seem to find "commander" anywhere. Can you shed some light on this application? It would seem to be a terminal-type app, so I checked the PreDevWiki, but I still didn't see any mention of "commander".
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I love Othello! Thanx!
  9.    #29  
    I can find no way to delete a thread. I can find no way to change the thread topic. :-(

Deiter HELP!!!
    Very, very nice update! I'm curious whether "Computer favors moves that win the most squares" means for each turn or overall? For example, it's a basic strategy to have fewer initial squares to hold the most possible moves, then turn that advantage into gaining the most squares at the end.
    Now at rev 4

now has
    * game play controls
    * continuously updated scores
    * the ability to show where you can move and the flip count of that move.
    * the ability to choose playing white or black
    * setting the computers smartness or stupidity.
    Oy! All subject lines need to stipulate whether or not rooting is required. Can you please let us know so I can update the thread?
    I installed it on my stock Pre without rooting, if that's good enough for you.
    rev 4 doesn't seem to remember the "show potential moves" option as unchecked. Also, even though "show potential moves" and "show flip counts" are disabled, it takes several "new game" tries until they actually take effect.
  14.    #34  
    Yep... or you can check and uncheck it... and that takes care of it. My bad.
    Global Posts
    400 Global Posts
    awesome
    Global Posts
    400 Global Posts
    Cant wait for the iphone like appps
    I can find no way to delete a thread. I can find no way to change the thread topic. :-(

Deiter HELP!!!
    Threads merged - title updated, updated attachment on 1st post.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    this is classic. multiplayer would be awesome
  19.    #39  
    it's gpl. Adding multiplayer is simple enough. Go for it.
    Love this game BTW.

I noticed there is a slight spelling error. Its under the board "Controlls" = Contols. Also this states you updated to Rev. 4, when i downloaded and checked on the Pre it still shows v1.0 is this correct?

Sorry forthe bashing, but really love this app, THANKS!!!
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast