Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 415
Like Tree1Likes
  1. ohioviper's Avatar
    Posts
    30 Posts
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    #141  
    Thanks alot!!
  2. Tibfib's Avatar
    Posts
    345 Posts
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    #142  
    Quote Originally Posted by oil View Post
    I haven't looked into it, so I can't really say how difficult linking the gamertag to a contact would be.
    Contacts – webOSdev – Palm

    I don't believe it would be all that difficult considering the programming proficiency you have demonstrated.


    It would be a cool feature, but not necessary imo...

    Something that I believe would be cool for maybe a separate app is an achievement app. You look up the game and find the info for the achievements for the game.


    Anyways, great app!
  3. #143  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tibfib View Post

    Something that I believe would be cool for maybe a separate app is an achievement app. You look up the game and find the info for the achievements for the game.
  4. #144  
    great design on this app...not really much you're doing here besides stalking your Xbox friends....but nonetheless great work.
  5.    #145  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tibfib View Post
    Something that I believe would be cool for maybe a separate app is an achievement app. You look up the game and find the info for the achievements for the game.
    As I've said before, there is no API for getting individual achievement data from Microsoft. Such an app would have to run off a manually maintained database (as I suspect that iphone app does.) Something I don't have the time nor the will to do.


    Side Note:
    I've managed to sure up the servers stability somewhat, so things should run much better now. And I'll be releasing a feature-packed update to this app in the coming days. (along with fixes that make sure it will still work in 1.1.)
    Last edited by oil; 07/21/2009 at 11:27 AM.
  6. Tibfib's Avatar
    Posts
    345 Posts
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    #146  
    Quote Originally Posted by oil View Post
    As I've said before, there is no API for getting individual achievement data from Microsoft. Such an app would have to run off a manually maintained database (as I suspect that iphone app does.) Something I don't have the time nor the will to do.


    Side Note:
    I've managed to sure up the servers stability somewhat, so things should run much better now. And I'll be releasing a feature-packed update to this app in the coming days. (along with fixes that make sure it will still work in 1.1.)
    Ah, that makes sense. That would be a lot of work. Oh well, great app!
  7. #147  
    what server are you running this on? a hosted one?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  8.    #148  
    Yes. A VPS.

    We used to have two dedicated servers, but the donations we were receiving from our websites declined, and we had to downgrade.
  9. wfrye's Avatar
    Posts
    17 Posts
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    #149  
    nice app...just wanted to say thanks
  10. illfill's Avatar
    Posts
    33 Posts
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    #150  
    nice app oil.... i was just wondering do you think it would be possible for a playstation 3 friends app .....
  11.    #151  
    I'm sure it is possible. And I will celebrate the day that someone releases one, because then I'll stop getting asked this question.

    As I've said multiple times, I have no interest in creating one for PS3.
  12. jaystory9's Avatar
    Posts
    14 Posts
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    #152  
    i love being able to check whose online without actually logging on. GREAT APP!
  13. #153  
    I think this could use a menu at the top to sort by last seen time or the way it is now.

    I know you said you didn't want to do screen scraping, but a one time import of your buddy list by grabbing the public friends page would be handy if you have a lot of friends.
  14.    #154  
    Quote Originally Posted by joshewah View Post
    I think this could use a menu at the top to sort by last seen time or the way it is now.
    A pretty good idea. I'll see what I can do.

    Quote Originally Posted by joshewah View Post
    I know you said you didn't want to do screen scraping, but a one time import of your buddy list by grabbing the public friends page would be handy if you have a lot of friends.
    There is no "public friends page." They all require logging in with your live credentials. And that is not going to happen.
  15. bamf1500's Avatar
    Posts
    80 Posts
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    #155  
    Don't know if anyone has had this problem when I delete a friend from my list then exit the app and reopen its back on the list the contact is one that no longer exists so not sure if that has something to do with it thanks and please don't slam me for no punctuation I type faster without it on the phone
  16.    #156  
    In the time it took you to type "and please don't slam me for no punctuation I type faster without it on the phone" you could have just inserted a few periods, and overall saved more time in the long run...

    Anyways, yeah, previously in this thread there was some discussion about a bug when deleting certain players. And I'm just about to release an update to fix this (and some other bugs.)
    Last edited by oil; 07/22/2009 at 08:11 PM.
  17. #157  
    Great app!

    The XBOX icon is a bit sketchy though in that the outlines are slightly edgy and not 100 percent clean. Is there any way you can sort of clean it up in the next update. Yes, I know I sound absurd, but it's just something that takes away from how clean and pro the app already looks.

    Thanks,
    Billionaire
  18. garfima's Avatar
    Posts
    18 Posts
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    #158  
    Great for Xbox Live users!
  19.    #159  
    Quote Originally Posted by Billionaire View Post
    The XBOX icon is a bit sketchy though in that the outlines are slightly edgy and not 100 percent clean. Is there any way you can sort of clean it up in the next update. Yes, I know I sound absurd, but it's just something that takes away from how clean and pro the app already looks.
    I just released a quick bug fix update (check the first post for details,) but it doesn't cover this aesthetic concern. I'll think about it for the next release.

    I HIGHLY suggest everyone update to v0.5.1, as it fixes a bug that will appear once palm pushes out webOs 1.1 that will make the app completely unusable. The ipk is in the first post.
  20. #160  
    Quote Originally Posted by oil View Post
    There is no "public friends page." They all require logging in with your live credentials. And that is not going to happen.
    Thats weird. I click signout and I thought I was signing out but it just refreshes and goes back to the page with me signed in. Tried another browser thats not logged in ever and you are right. That is kinda annoying.
    Last edited by joshewah; 07/24/2009 at 06:56 AM.
Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions