Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by oil View Post
    A mass-add mode would be possible, so would loading them on the pc and pushing them to the phone. But loading them from the pc would require some sort of authentication so the server would know which pre that accesses it to push the friends to.

While I think its a good idea. The main problem it would have, is that the easier it is for people to add massive lists of friends to the app, the slower the server becomes. And the longer it takes for everyone to get status on their friends (and more server timeouts while the app is waiting.)

I would love to implement such features, but with the server I have now, it's not really feasible for everyone to have 100 friends in the app.
    Ah, okay, that makes a lot of sense. I'll probably pare down the list I use on my Pre then to not put too much of a server load.
    like the app thanks
    Best App Ever! I love my phone and now I have an app that really kicks a$$. Thanks.
    Awesome App!
    Thinking of adding more achievement details?
  6.    #126  
    I would love to, but it's not possible. Microsoft's API doesn't give out individual achievement details.
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Hey oil.

I was wondering, there is an app for windows out there called xblist and a similar one for the Mac. Also, another one in development for Linux. All of them allow you to log in with your Live ID and it logs you in and pulls your friends list. What are the limitations with WebOS that is keeping you from doing this? Thanks.

Great app, by the way!
    Quote Originally Posted by dtokarz View Post
    Hey oil.

I was wondering, there is an app for windows out there called xblist and a similar one for the Mac. Also, another one in development for Linux. All of them allow you to log in with your Live ID and it logs you in and pulls your friends list. What are the limitations with WebOS that is keeping you from doing this? Thanks.

Great app, by the way!

hmm, have you used it?

i just downloaded it and installed it.

you dont log onto xbox with the app, you have to log onto xbox in your web browser and then it will show your friends list.

i guess its possible to do the same on the pre, log onto xbox using the browser, something i did b4 this app, and then have the app do its thing.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  9.    #129  
    It's not a limitation of WebOS thats stoping me (not that I tried to get my app to do this or anything.) The problem is that then the app would be screen scraping for its information. Something Microsoft has asked XCDP developers not to do.
    Microsoft demands Xbox LIVE iPhone app to be set free - Ars Technica

iPhone App Review - Xbox 360 Achievements & PS3 Trophy Guides Platform Nation

could you do somthing like these? first one is lik eyours but my friends has one where it looks like current xbox backround really nice.

Also instead of achievment how about something like... the second one. you type in the name of the game and it list how many achievemtn the game has like 50 then shows what they are?
    Quote Originally Posted by saiks View Post
    I started an app for the PSN but need more info... I am new to app development. I installed it on the phone i can login fine but needs to arrange the friend list in order... oil, can u help me to get this done.
    Any updates on this?
    Updates? It's damn-near perfect the way it is!

I understand the limits and don't really want to chat, but it's just cool as **** to show your friends, some of whom have a PRE and are still using the Palm App Store!!! HAHAHAHA!!!

THANKS!
    doesnt this app drain the battery life since it is constantly updating every five minutes?
    I just had an idea that might not be out of your reach, in regards to true xboxlive messaging, which you described as not possible.

How abou the ability to assign a target contact in your PRE contacts list...

This way you could SMS that person quickly from the xboxlive app...

Also... What about facebook integration of some kind?

Good luck! Love how you pushed the envelope Palm gave us so far!!!
  15.    #135  
    Quote Originally Posted by survivalsounds View Post
    Updates? It's damn-near perfect the way it is!
    He is talking about the PS3 version dude said he was working on.

Quote Originally Posted by kmfast View Post
    doesnt this app drain the battery life since it is constantly updating every five minutes?
    I haven't seen any major hit to battery life. Though I don't usually leave it open after checking who's online. But I do plan on making its updating a bit more intelligent in the next release.

How abou the ability to assign a target contact in your PRE contacts list...

This way you could SMS that person quickly from the xboxlive app...
    I don't know. I'll think about it. Though I would guess that 90%+ of peoples xbl friends aren't local friends (aka, you wouldn't have their number.) So I'm not sure how much a feature like this would actually be used.

Also... What about facebook integration of some kind?
    Eh?
    I hear you that 90% of my xbl friends are not actual friends... But I have only added the 10% to my pre for tracking...

Just curious... Would it be challenging or an easy addition? Thanks again. Love the app.
  17.    #137  
    I haven't looked into it, so I can't really say how difficult linking the gamertag to a contact would be.
    just had to say ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK GO KU! since one of your buddies has the Kansas Jayhawk for his gamerpicture
    I have almost all the apps developed and this is still the one that makes all my friends want to get a pre. Keep up the developing.Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrock85 View Post
    just had to say ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK GO KU! since one of your buddies has the Kansas Jayhawk for his gamerpicture
    Glad to see some Phog in here. I had to download the picture pack after I saw the app photo.
Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast