Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by oil View Post
    So you can't remove the bad gamertag? Can you remove other gamertags?
    Correct. I just tried removing 2 gamertags, "Syked" and "Cerretas". Both of them where removed initially, but after closing the app and reopening it. They where both there again.
  2.    #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjcarter View Post
    Correct. I just tried removing 2 gamertags, "Syked" and "Cerretas". Both of them where removed initially, but after closing the app and reopening it. They where both there again.
    Wow, that is really weird.

As a temporary fix, deleting and reinstalling the app will remove the gamertag database and all gamertags along with it. I'll see if I can fix why those two can't be removed and release an update.
    developer said MS wont let him do this.
    Oh dam oh well still a good app
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    I don't even own an Xbox but rather a PS3 and I'm loving the looks of this app
    Quote Originally Posted by Leke View Post
    I don't even own an Xbox but rather a PS3 and I'm loving the looks of this app
    I don't have an Xbox either, but rather a PS3 and I'm really jealous and full of anger that we don't have one for the PS3
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    I started an app for the PSN but need more info... I am new to app development. I installed it on the phone i can login fine but needs to arrange the friend list in order... oil, can u help me to get this done.
    Quote Originally Posted by saiks View Post
    i started an app for the psn but need more info... I am new to app development. I installed it on the phone i can login fine but needs to arrange the friend list in order... Oil, can u help me to get this done.
    awesomeness!!!!
    Awesome job, oil!

I have a simple (and possibly silly) request, though: Is it possible you could change the name of the app from "XboxLive Friends" to "Xbox LIVE Friends."

I know what you're thinking, but I figured with the app looking as professional as it looks, fixing the name would make the app even more official.

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    I started an app for the PSN but need more info... I am new to app development. I installed it on the phone i can login fine but needs to arrange the friend list in order... oil, can u help me to get this done.
    Whoa! Patiently waiting
  10.    #90  
    Yes, I can. javascript array sort.

Quote Originally Posted by Brqndon View Post
    I have a simple (and possibly silly) request, though: Is it possible you could change the name of the app from "XboxLive Friends" to "Xbox LIVE Friends."

I know what you're thinking, but I figured with the app looking as professional as it looks, fixing the name would make the app even more official.
    I really think its fine how it is. And besides, if I add a space in it, the app menu (the one in the top left) wont fit, and it will get cut off. Which IMO looks worse.
    Anyone want to tackle an app for X-Fire?
    That is used by more gamers than anything else. ii
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    Please tell me you have a ps3. an app for the ps3 would help everyone out... well at least the ps3 owners
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Paladin View Post
    Anyone want to tackle an app for X-Fire?
    That is used by more gamers than anything else. ii
    I don't agree with you there I willing to bet more gamers use xbox live, ps network. If we go pc only vent and ts I'm sure smash X-Fire
    Quote Originally Posted by helidos View Post
    I don't agree with you there I willing to bet more gamers use xbox live, ps network. If we go pc only vent and ts I'm sure smash X-Fire
    I just know a lot of Xbox guys that use X fire on the PC to find friends then go and play on the Live network.

Everyone knows that real gamers use PC's. Seriously, I am a FPS gamer only and am in a clan. We are a founding member of the Cabal Gaming Cartel
    Which is a collaboration of many clans.
    http://www.dualclan.com

I suck but love to game! ii
    Either way I would love to see an X-Fire app! That is all I am saying! ii
    Last edited by Paladin; 07/09/2009 at 10:46 AM.
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!

Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    I was mainly giving you a hard time

I gave up on pc gaming few years ago big screen tv's, couches and real life party play trumps... the old desk, monitor and single person play imo

I have been in many clans and guilds all the way back to my quake days...

Also not sure PC only gamers can be considered the only real gamers anymore.... nm that for another forum all together!
  16.    #96  
    Yes, can we please keep the platform war out of this thread?
    Yes, I can. javascript array sort.

I really think its fine how it is. And besides, if I add a space in it, the app menu (the one in the top left) wont fit, and it will get cut off. Which IMO looks worse.
    Nice!
    @Saiks Feel free to ask any questions man! There are a lot of homebrew devs here that will be more than happy to help you! Keep up the good work and I hope you come out with a PS3 friends beta app soon!
    Yes, can we please keep the platform war out of this thread?
    There is no war man. We are just kidding around... There is a difference.

I would like an Xfire app though.... ii

Great app server times out alot though
  20.    #100  
    Quote Originally Posted by youngusaplaya View Post
    Great app server times out alot though
    How many friends do you have added? The more you have, the higher the probability the pre will timeout the connection before the server can respond.

The server side script is just hosted on a simple VPS with a couple other sites already running on it, so its not the most powerful server by any means. And the app has gotten a much better response and usage numbers then I had anticipated.

And as I can't sell the app, even if it was in the app store (per microsofts rules for anything using their feeds.) Chances of me renting a better server for it out of my own pocket is relatively low.

But if anyone has a dedicated server they feel like donating I'd be more then happy to move over my code to get better response times
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast