Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by seemefly1 View Post
    w00000t now i know when to n00btube my friend

ARRRGGGGG to n00btubers! and to hardcore team deathmatch players that have martydom on!!
    SCK Manager
    Nice app. One suggestion: is there any way you could make the players' motto be visible only after clicking their gamertag name? Sort of the same way Tweed hides info, then displays this animated drop down when you tap on their username. I think it will omit the need to scroll horizontally when in portrait mode.

Also, not sure if you noticed, the "Now Playing" game title moves around a bit when switching between landscape and portrait.
    it's all my friends like when they are online playing a game in portrait mode the text extends outside of the pre instead of doing a wrap around to a second line like take my cousins gamertag for instance LAF4 it'll say he's online playing but when you look at it it say's "LAF4 is Now Online Playing...." with the user having to turn to landscape mode to fully read the rest of what he is doing
    outF***ing standing job! This app makes me love my 360/pre so much more! Amazing
    how often does it update your list?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    oil, great f'ing job again, but for some reason my friends are not fully showing up. When I first put them in it says the server is down. When I close it, and open again the names are in there but no gamer pic, no rep, no gamerscore even. Any ideas?

disregard, I just uninstalled and reinstalled it and it works like a charm thanks again oil!
    Last edited by Turbodteg; 07/07/2009 at 11:06 PM.
    good stuff!!! just a small suggestion for future stuff for future updates maybe.....if it sunk with my account instead of having to add the friends manually
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbodteg View Post
    oil, great f'ing job again, but for some reason my friends are not fully showing up. When I first put them in it says the server is down. When I close it, and open again the names are in there but no gamer pic, no rep, no gamerscore even. Any ideas?

disregard, I just uninstalled and reinstalled it and it works like a charm thanks again oil!

did you have to re-insert the names?
    Felipe
    Quote Originally Posted by Manding0 View Post
    good stuff!!! just a small suggestion for future stuff for future updates maybe.....if it sunk with my account instead of having to add the friends manually

developer said MS wont let him do this.
    Felipe
  10.    #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    how often does it update your list?
    The app will automatically check my server every 5 minutes for updates. But the rules for the feed say my server can only ask for a presence update every 15 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by youngusaplaya View Post
    it's all my friends like when they are online playing a game in portrait mode the text extends outside of the pre instead of doing a wrap around to a second line like take my cousins gamertag for instance LAF4 it'll say he's online playing but when you look at it it say's "LAF4 is Now Online Playing...." with the user having to turn to landscape mode to fully read the rest of what he is doing
    The text is long. It gets cut off. And I'm not going to make it go multi-line in the list, because the status text could be massive, 3 or 4 wrapped lines for some games. Which would make the list look like crap.

Quote Originally Posted by mrjcarter View Post
    One suggestion: is there any way you could make the players' motto be visible only after clicking their gamertag name? Sort of the same way Tweed hides info, then displays this animated drop down when you tap on their username. I think it will omit the need to scroll horizontally when in portrait mode.
    Obviously there is a way I'll think about making such a change.

Also, not sure if you noticed, the "Now Playing" game title moves around a bit when switching between landscape and portrait.
    Yes, This is actually how I designed it to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    developer said MS wont let him do this.
    Felipe is correct, I can't grab your friends automatically. Imagine how big of a privacy problem that would be if I could just grab anyones friends list.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    My suggestions for this awesome app:

1. I understand the limitations for updating, how bout adding a "update now" button for us to use?

2. This one is much more complicated and would be harder to implement.

You could turn on notifications that notify you when your friends become online.
    This could be optional and turned off and on in the preferences menu.

---

I have noticed others have suggested this as well. Just adding my thoughts.

Great job!
  12.    #72  
    Yeah, now that I've got an update out to my other app (Dot Game 1.5.0) I'm gonna get back to this one and add some more features.
    Not signing in sucks. Still a cool app.
    Oil: I'm having a problem deleting some gamertags. I misspelled some of them (gamertag "Syked" for example) and after deleting it, it later reappears.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Hi oil,

I had a similar idea for creating one for the PSN... I was hoping you can help/assist me in getting this done. I am new in app developing and seeking your help.

Thanks and great job on the XBox Live app...
    great app oil!! keep up the good work
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Wait. Oil. -Your- server?

Is this app running through a 3rd party server, not microsoft directly? Can't say as I care for the idea of my xbox live login credentials going through a non-microsoft server.
    Global Posts
    400 Global Posts
    Hope to use this soon
    Quote Originally Posted by ssrjazz View Post

Is this app running through a 3rd party server, not microsoft directly? Can't say as I care for the idea of my xbox live login credentials going through a non-microsoft server.
    You don't login using your xbox credentials. You just add anyone you want to see to this app, no login required. I'd been concerned about that myself.
  20.    #80  
    Oil: I'm having a problem deleting some gamertags. I misspelled some of them (gamertag "Syked" for example) and after deleting it, it later reappears.
    So you can't remove the bad gamertag? Can you remove other gamertags?

Quote Originally Posted by ssrjazz View Post

Yes, -my- server.

Let me get this straight... Your basically telling me you don't like something my app doesn't do. Thats good, right? Even though people really don't seem to understand or read previous replies, and keep asking for it, its not even possible for me to do it. The app never asks for your live credentials, and never will. All it does, is take the list of gamertags you add to it, and individually grabs information for each of them. And even then, only if their privacy settings permit it.

The reason it goes through my server is mostly because of microsoft and their rules. They ask developers to keep the location of the feed secret. If the pre was directly contacting the feed, anyone could easily sniff out the request and learn the location of the feed. They also require developers in the program to supply a guid so they know whos asking for what information. And the prototype ajax functions don't allow me to supply my guid as the "referrer" of the request.

So in short: the ONLY way this app would even be possible on the pre, or allowed by microsoft is by going through a 3rd party server. In this apps case, my server. And if you really have a problem with my server simply knowing of a gamertag you're asking for information about, don't use the app.

And just to be clear, again, for what feels like the 10th separate time I've said this:
    This app doesn't ask for your live credentials, and it never will, it is not possible, or a good idea.

(Though I'm sure as soon as this thread gets to another page, someone will ask it again...)
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast