webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  webOS Homebrew Apps > XboxLive Friends
XboxLive Friends
Like Tree1Likes

Old 07/06/2009, 07:32 PM   #41 (permalink)
oil

Microsoft doesn't give out achievement information. And they also only supply more then the last 15 games played.

So, I'm sorry, but no, its not possible do to either of your requests.
oil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/06/2009, 08:12 PM   #42 (permalink)

I'd like to have this app but im newb when it comes to this stuff....I dont even have a clue how to start installing this...can someone point the way in detail thanks alot
tibasnatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/06/2009, 08:19 PM   #43 (permalink)
oil

The stickies have a tutorial:
http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...r-1-0-4-a.html
Old 07/06/2009, 08:20 PM   #44 (permalink)

Great app Oil! This makes following my CoD buddies a lot easier. One question though...is it possible to add an alert/notification setting so that when a selected friend is logged on or playing a certain game you would receive a text/email/alert pop-up of their status?
Deck82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/06/2009, 08:23 PM   #45 (permalink)

great app just one problem it doesn't show you what your friends are doing in portrait mode just say's so and so is online playing ... and when you click their profile it doesn't tell you what they're doing
youngusaplaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/06/2009, 09:05 PM   #46 (permalink)
oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deck82 View Post
is it possible to add an alert/notification setting so that when a selected friend is logged on or playing a certain game you would receive a text/email/alert pop-up of their status?
This is actually already on my todo list... Look for it in a future version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngusaplaya View Post
it doesn't show you what your friends are doing in portrait mode just say's so and so is online playing ... and when you click their profile it doesn't tell you what they're doing
The friend view only shows the "Now Playing" part if they're actually online. Perhaps this was your problem? What is the gamertag thats giving you trouble?
Old 07/06/2009, 09:18 PM   #47 (permalink)

why does it say "please login to send email atachments"? I am logged in...
ogloco21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/06/2009, 09:19 PM   #48 (permalink)

nevermind, ipk doesnt work with email method.. need to read sorry
ogloco21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/06/2009, 09:53 PM   #49 (permalink)

I really dig this app thanks! Now I can see when my kids are on Live when I'm not home. Muahahaha!
jcandel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/07/2009, 12:08 AM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil View Post
This is actually already on my todo list... Look for it in a future version.

The friend view only shows the "Now Playing" part if they're actually online. Perhaps this was your problem? What is the gamertag thats giving you trouble?

the notifications would be great, but brings up a question. to update, will will have to go through the whole developer thing again?

also, in portrait, is there a way to wrap the last seen line?
i too have a friend who doesnt have a line on when he was last seen. it has his picture, and when you tap, it gives his info.

btw, nice app.
Felipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/07/2009, 12:19 AM   #51 (permalink)
oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
to update, will will have to go through the whole developer thing again?
Assuming you still have the SDK installed and all that, you only need to put the phone into developer mode, hook it up, and run palm-install.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
in portrait, is there a way to wrap the last seen line?
i too have a friend who doesnt have a line on when he was last seen. it has his picture, and when you tap, it gives his info.
Maybe, I'll see how it looks. Right now it always fits perfectly with the size of the gamerpic, adding a second or third line to it might look funny.

And as I said to youngusaplaya, if you give me the gamertag (feel free to PM it if you have privacy concerns,) I can see if its the app thats screwing up the lack of information, or the server side code.
Old 07/07/2009, 04:16 AM   #52 (permalink)

Is there any chance in the future a version could be made that you could log into with your Xbox Live account? Only reason I'd want this, is to be able to send a message to a friend that was online.
darkcovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/07/2009, 04:18 AM   #53 (permalink)
oil

No, its not possible to log in with your live credentials. Microsoft doesn't allow it.

But on the to-do list for this app is to add a link to take you straight to the xbox.com page to message the selected friend. Which is sadly the best I can do as far as messaging is concerned.
Old 07/07/2009, 04:28 AM   #54 (permalink)

Quote:
No, its not possible to log in with your live credentials. Microsoft doesn't allow it.

But on the to-do list for this app is to add a link to take you straight to the xbox.com page to message the selected friend. Which is sadly the best I can do as far as messaging is concerned.
I figured it was something to do with MS not allowing it. Otherwise I'm sure that is how you would of created it.

Question I just thought of, is there a limit to how many friends we can add to this app? Xbox Live is limited to 100 friends, this would be a cool way to keep track of a few more (I'm a member of a close-knit gaming community of about 200).

That would be an awesome addition. My pre keeps me logged in to Xbox Live, so if it took me straight to send the person a message, good enough for me.
Old 07/07/2009, 04:40 AM   #55 (permalink)
oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCovers View Post
Question I just thought of, is there a limit to how many friends we can add to this app? Xbox Live is limited to 100 friends, this would be a cool way to keep track of a few more (I'm a member of a close-knit gaming community of about 200).
I set the list widget with a "renderLimit" of 100. Though without docs I'm not entirely sure what it does to enforce it. There isn't any other code thats enforcing any limits.

Though that many gamertags would take my server a little while to load (its not on the best of hardware,) and in all likelihood would probably timeout before returning the information to your pre. But feel free to try, let me know what happens

(A side note: if you add that many gamertags and it does become unusable. Instead of tapping 3 times per-gamertag to remove them, it may be easier to simply uninstall the app, and the database of gamertags will be removed, then re-install it, and re-add the gamertags you wish to keep.)
Old 07/07/2009, 04:56 AM   #56 (permalink)

Quote:
I set the list widget with a "renderLimit" of 100. Though without docs I'm not entirely sure what it does to enforce it. There isn't any other code thats enforcing any limits.

Though that many gamertags would take my server a little while to load (its not on the best of hardware,) and in all likelihood would probably timeout before returning the information to your pre. But feel free to try, let me know what happens

(A side note: if you add that many gamertags and it does become unusable. Instead of tapping 3 times per-gamertag to remove them, it may be easier to simply uninstall the app, and the database of gamertags will be removed, then re-install it, and re-add the gamertags you wish to keep.)
I started to think about it and I don't really need to follow that many people on my phone (or maybe I'm just too lazy to type in that many GT's haha). I figured it would take a while to load that many, even with like 10 friends, it takes a bit to load all the info + graphics.

It's actually kind of nice it isn't linked with my gamertag. I can watch the 15 or so friends on my list that often play the same games and at the same time as I do. In addition I can add some other that don't fit on my Xbox Live list, but that I also play with often (friends of friends, etc.).

If I get around to it, I'll try adding a bunch of friends and see at what amount it begans to slow down. Also if it eventually becomes unusable.
Thanks for the tip on just uninstalling. Will save me time when I give it a try.
Old 07/07/2009, 06:31 AM   #57 (permalink)

Just a suggestion, but for those of you with really big friends lists (95) I copied my friends list off of xbox.com, pasted in excel, copy the column with the friends, pasted in notepad, then put on my pre (I did email). Then copy and pasted into xbox friends over typing each person.
mikeharden#WP is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: jdub2027
Old 07/07/2009, 09:58 AM   #58 (permalink)

this app looks great. I'm brand new to this whole thing of installing homebrew apps on my pre. I will install it when I get home. Should be fun. Thanks for making this, it is really awesome!
Incubus21212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/07/2009, 10:29 AM   #59 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMed_ATL View Post
Thanks so much for completing this. I have been counting the days since you announced you were working on it. Time to get the SDK kicking and get this baby on my pre.

COD4 and W@W

T M3dz

EDIT: After downloading it to my pre last night and adding all my contacts I have to say that this app is VERY SMOOTH! looks great, easy to use. and makes me all sorts of happy hahaha

w00000t now i know when to n00btube my friend
seemefly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/07/2009, 12:10 PM   #60 (permalink)

Nice! I'm gonna have to give this one a try!
jajajija is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0