Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61112131415161718192021 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    When I go to this thread on my pre and click on the link it downloads the ipk file but then says it's unable to open the file. What am I doing wrong here?
    There is no spoon
    The app works perfectly for me so far!

Looks like you're on the right track!
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
  3.    #303  
    Recent additions:

The top two are for when you specify you want a notification of when specific friends get online.
    The bottom "friends online" dashboard scrolls through all the friends who are online (its appearance is also an option.)
    It looks great oil! I just can't wait till the profile pages are done, so I can show off to my friends(again). All I'm getting now is [Object,Object] for 0.6.0
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    wow, this app is awsome. It's a real shame it can't see the app catalog.
    The new update is so clean!! I appreciate all the time you have put into this app =). Thanks oil, I'll be making a donation here soon.
    Looking good, if you want us to test it throw up the ipk and I'd be happy to help however I can.

Any chance you're working on login in to get your friends list rather than adding them all? I have a fair few friends and am adding people all the time. (Saw this function on a friends iPony ap but can't remember the name).
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oil View Post
    Recent additions:

The top two are for when you specify you want a notification of when specific friends get online.
    The bottom "friends online" dashboard scrolls through all the friends who are online (its appearance is also an option.)
    Awesome!!!!

were is the updated ipk jking hehehe no really where is it?
  9.    #309  
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordsComing View Post
    Looking good, if you want us to test it throw up the ipk and I'd be happy to help however I can.
    I posted up a beta ipk a few days ago (look back in the thread.) Though its now pretty outdated.

Quote Originally Posted by helidos View Post
    were is the updated ipk jking hehehe no really where is it?
    I'll probably drop another beta soonish, once I get the backend working how I want it, and get something beyond debug info in the friend scene.

Any chance you're working on login in to get your friends list rather than adding them all? I have a fair few friends and am adding people all the time. (Saw this function on a friends iPony ap but can't remember the name).
    Nope.

While I have posted on this topic many times previously in this thread, I'll rehash it here so new people will see it:

My xbox app will NEVER ask for your live login credentials. It will NEVER load your friends list. I will NOT program it to do any of that.

If that is what you want, go elsewhere, because you will not get it here.
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    I posted up a beta ipk a few days ago (look back in the thread.) Though its now pretty outdated.

I'll probably drop another beta soonish, once I get the backend working how I want it, and get something beyond debug info in the friend scene.

Thanks for the update oil....
    When I click on one of my friends to go to their details, this is what the resulting screen looks like. I am assuming it's not supposed to look like that, but just thought I would let you know tho. Love the landscape display!
    Attached Images Attached Images
  12.    #312  
    Quote Originally Posted by headgamer View Post
    When I click on one of my friends to go to their details, this is what the resulting screen looks like. I am assuming it's not supposed to look like that
    While your attachment isn't showing up, I can only guess you're seeing their gamertag then a bunch of [object Object], [object Object], [object Object], etc.

And in that case, your assumption is completely wrong. That is EXACTLY what you're supposed to see... As I said in the post where I linked to the beta ipk...
    Sorry. Yes that was what I was referring to. Just went to the latest post here on this last page that had a link to the file. And I am not sure why my attachment is not showing. The thumbnail shows but not the full pic. Not sure if I annoyed you with my post. Was not my intention.

Got the first (0.60) beta a few days ago, thank you for that. Looking forward to the next beta.

Nope.

While I have posted on this topic many times previously in this thread, I'll rehash it here so new people will see it:

My xbox app will NEVER ask for your live login credentials. It will NEVER load your friends list. I will NOT program it to do any of that.

If that is what you want, go elsewhere, because you will not get it here.
    Not a problem at all, sorry I must have missed you saying before, or forgotten as I have been slowly reading this thread since I found it a few days back. Was actually sitting in a White Hart Lane (Football/Soccer Stadium) waiting for the game to start when I posted that so had other things on my mind, hehe.

Thank you again, app is looking great and can't wait to see what else you add to it. Will be donating in a few days once I get my credit card bill and see how much money I have left
    This was the very first app I downloaded when I first learned about homebrew/preware way back when. I just wanted to say the updates look great! Thanks for everything you've done so far! This is by far one of my favorite apps for my pre.
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Hey, it's all good, if you don't want to put that into your app, no matter. Its doesn't bother me one way or the other.

I was just offering the info in case you were interested in how that developer managed to get the messaging working. Heck, his app was for Android not WebOS.

I did find out the name if anyone else is interested in the information it is called: Xbox Live Statistic

And that will be the end of my talking about this!

Sorry if it offended anyone!

Rob

PS If you noticed in my message, I had update that message to say I had found all the information about the questions I was asking, but decided to leave the post alone, with just an update in it. So hang me for doing it that way. blah blah to you to!

I think there a few reason oil does not want to talk/add these features.

1. He cares.. Do you trust that android dev with you xbox live login info? That dev could be storing ever person who uses his app login info for what ever reason.
    Selling it, logging in to your account to gain personal info etc. What happens when using that app and you xbox live account is banned while you where on vacation for a week and never logged in?

2. Having the app use your login would also mean oil would have to build his app in such a way that his xbox live feed info given to him from ms could be sniffed out of network traffic hence possibly causing him to be removed from the Xbox Dev program. Which btw there is a limited number of people in it and they are not accepting new devs unless they have some huge project, so be glad we have oil.

3. Its possible these apps are not following the rules set in place by MS and by adding said feature again would get oil removed from the program.

4. ( kinda goes with 1.) Could be webos apps are so easy to pirate/mod some other dev could take oil's app point it to another server and collect info from unsuspecting user who thinks its the one oil created not knowing its not and there info has been compromised.

But that's my take on the reasons he doesn't wanna talk about it or add the features.
    Thanks for this app. I like it just the way it is and glad it doesn't rely on my actual Friends List. I play older games with smaller communities and my Friends List is already full. With this app, I can add some more people without needing them to accept, and know if a match is available without having to start the game.

The new features look cool.
  18.    #318  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    The avatars look great, but I can see some 'gray' around the cut out of the avatar graphic. Not sure if you can fix that or not. Doesn't look like it's supposed to be shadowing but a cut out of the avatar that is a little larger than the avatar itself.
    There is nothing that can be done about this. That image comes from xbox.com.
    Last edited by oil; 11/19/2010 at 09:42 PM.
    I just donated, thanks again for the work you have put into this app so far.
  20.    #320  
    I just donated, thanks again for the work you have put into this app so far.
    Thanks, I'll buy a couple beers with it at devdays next week