Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #261  
    Yeah, I've been busy with other stuff recently, But I'll be gettin back to xblfriends for sure
    Every time I try to open the app, I get the spinning circle. It has not connected to the server in a few days.

Is the server down?

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    Thx for the update, a little assurance that the app was still in development and wasn't forgotten about is all I needed. Now I can go back to patiently waiting.
    kyocera 6035 > Samsung i500 > Treo 600 > Treo650 > Treo755p > Palm Pre Plus
    Quote Originally Posted by Butters3605 View Post
    Every time I try to open the app, I get the spinning circle. It has not connected to the server in a few days.

Is the server down?
    Seems to be working for me. I've been using it off and on for the past few days just fine.
    kyocera 6035 > Samsung i500 > Treo 600 > Treo650 > Treo755p > Palm Pre Plus
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy4vws View Post
    Seems to be working for me. I've been using it off and on for the past few days just fine.
    It is working here too, now

Weird...

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    Almost 2 months later and stil no update! Oil if you need donations for motivation I'm sure we can motivate you.
  7.    #267  
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    Almost 2 months later and stil no update! Oil if you need donations for motivation I'm sure we can motivate you.
    I've just been busy with other projects again, Govnah this time.

I will get back to this though
    Any Update on how this is progressing? No rush just curious and anxiously awaiting.
    Thanks
    I guess this isn't gonna happen?
  10.    #270  
    Lol, It will get going again eventually.
    This app is ****ing amazing ive been using it for almost a year now. thanks
    I know you're very busy on a million different things, so I wouldn't expect it anytime soon anyway... but just out of curiosity... shouldn't it now be possible to have something that would connect directly to Microsoft's server and not need the middleman, if you had a hybrid app so that you could keep MS's server APIs secret?
    If I could have one option to add, it'd be to message people.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
  14.    #274  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I know you're very busy on a million different things, so I wouldn't expect it anytime soon anyway... but just out of curiosity... shouldn't it now be possible to have something that would connect directly to Microsoft's server and not need the middleman, if you had a hybrid app so that you could keep MS's server APIs secret?
    I wish it was that easy

There is actually a number of problems that would cause.

First: All it takes is one guy with his device on wifi, sniffing the packets, to see the server addresses and my personal GUID, everything he would need to leech on the feed. But maybe that is me being too paranoid.

Secondly: Even if #1 wasn't a problem, microsoft has rules as to how fast to hit their feeds. (I don't remember the exact numbers off the top of my head) But lets say microsoft says to hit the presence feed at a maximum speed of once every 15 mins per gamertag. Without my server in the middle caching and returning the data to the clients, microsoft would see my GUID hitting the feeds way over their rate limit.

Thirdly: Even if #1 AND #2 weren't problems, I don't know C/C++. So I wouldn't be able to write the plugin anyways. HAHA. Granted, I could always teach myself, like I have with every other language I know, but then I would end up fixing bugs in preware/govnah services, or wircs plugin. I wouldn't be able to just brush off bugs in them to the other developers.

That was probably more in-depth then you wanted, but hey, I was bored at work.

TL;DR: Nope.

And before anyone asks when the new version is going to drop... haha, what excuse haven't I used yet? ... Yeah, thats why it's not here... Maybe I'll take some time this weekend (17/18th) to smooth out some of the rough edges and release a barely working alpha to this thread in .ipk form.
    I like barely working alphas! How was your weekend? ;-)
    Is there any hope for an app like this one that works? By the way, who wants to be my friend on Xbox Live?

"How art thou, thou globby bottle of cheap, stinking chip oil? Come and get one in the yarbles, if ya have any yarbles, you eunuch jelly thou!"
  17.    #277  
    Quote Originally Posted by activedodger View Post
    Is there any hope for an app like this one that works?
    You seem to be implying that my app doesn't function correctly. While I haven't released an update to it in over a year, I assure you it does indeed still work as perfectly as it did when I released it.
    Quote Originally Posted by oil View Post
    You seem to be implying that my app doesn't function correctly. While I haven't released an update to it in over a year, I assure you it does indeed still work as perfectly as it did when I released it.
    I apologize. It does work. I found out last night that it was linked to a dormant account of mine. I do find it handy in screening my XBox Live traffic.

"How art thou, thou globby bottle of cheap, stinking chip oil? Come and get one in the yarbles, if ya have any yarbles, you eunuch jelly thou!"
  19.    #279  
    Ok, Really, I was waiting for the dash update so I could change how the sideways-view moved/looked.

Development has resumed yet again xD
    Ok, I'm glad that guy at least apologized (not much of an apology but he did).

Your app has been out there from almost the beginning. And yes, we would all love to be able to leave messages. But I personally understand the issues with that.

I instead, use the Live Messenger Plugin (or you can use any IM client now available in Palm's App Catalog that supports Microsoft's MSN Live Messenger client) to write and read any messages to my xbox friends.

So with 'Xbox friends' app and my 'Messenger client', I am able to see stats and talk to my xbox friends.

But an update would be nice to see, if only to update the look of it.

Rob

PS You should really submit this app to Palm's App Catalog (unless it uses non-standard API's of course).

UPDATE: Just noticed that tonight (Nov 1st 10pm) Microsoft is pushing the big Xbox update out to everyone. I guess this in preparation for the new Kinect box to be made available on Nov 4th! Did you order yours?
    Last edited by rlanza1054; 11/01/2010 at 09:25 PM.
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)