Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #241  
    Quote Originally Posted by Blipstein View Post
    Ok. So does the app automatically refresh every 15 minutes?
    I *think* it checks the server for updates every 5. But it's been a while since I looked at the code, and I don't have it in front of me right now.
  2.    #242  
    Well, Like 8 months since the last update was pushed for this app, but hey, I had apps like Preware and wIRC to write! So give me a break!

So I'm FINALLY rewriting this app, and here is a little teaser screenshot of a super-early dev version, showing how it looks now when you flip your pre to its side. I had just gotten the "card" scaling that happens when you side-scroll it to a point where I was somewhat happy with it:

Hopefully that will tide you over till it's complete enough for a beta release.

Who knows, I may post more later...
    Awesome! I am looking forward to this. Thanks for your time
    There is no spoon
    Veeeery nice! if you are looking for beta testers once you feel it's time...
    O_O Super pumped for an update
    Just waiting for the day my Pre has contacts grouping, and a "speed dial" for text messaging
    Quote Originally Posted by oil View Post
    Well, Like 8 months since the last update was pushed for this app, but hey, I had apps like Preware and wIRC to write! So give me a break!

So I'm FINALLY rewriting this app, and here is a little teaser screenshot of a super-early dev version, showing how it looks now when you flip your pre to its side. I had just gotten the "card" scaling that happens when you side-scroll it to a point where I was somewhat happy with it:

Hopefully that will tide you over till it's complete enough for a beta release.

Who knows, I may post more later...
    But here's the big question, will your server be able to handle an increased load?
  7.    #247  
    Development is actually going pretty quickly, having developed so many apps since I first wrote this, I have a lot of code in the locker to pull from. The general code structure is coming from wIRC, the preferences module and some other stuff is from Preware. The only stuff coming from the old version of this app is a few styles and the actual data download code.

Quote Originally Posted by Ka-Efka View Post
    Veeeery nice! if you are looking for beta testers once you feel it's time...
    It's still not as functional as the old version yet. But when its ready for any kind of release, everyone will be able to get it through preware.

Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    But here's the big question, will your server be able to handle an increased load?
    Let's hope so.

Here is another little teaser shot
    Wow i cant wait!
    Looking good Oil!
    This is one of my most used apps.
    I probably use this app 10x more than anything else. I have a serious Call of Duty problem.
    There is no spoon
    It's still not as functional as the old version yet. But when its ready for any kind of release, everyone will be able to get it through preware.
    That's most appreciated!
    woop woop
    Just waiting for the day my Pre has contacts grouping, and a "speed dial" for text messaging
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I agree this is one of my most used apps. I would love to see the following if possible in the new app.

1. Notifications when a friend goes online. (Customizable) At night I like to check to see what friends have gone online before I fire up the Xbox.

2. A refresh button on the main page.

3. Able to login to XBox with user name and password.

Thanks
  14.    #254  
    Quote Originally Posted by Csquared View Post
    1. Notifications when a friend goes online. (Customizable) At night I like to check to see what friends have gone online before I fire up the Xbox.
    This is already on the feature list.

2. A refresh button on the main page.
    This is already implemented (though, see previous posts as to its usefulness, with caching and what not.)

3. Able to login to XBox with user name and password.
    This is never going to happen. And I've answered this many times throughout this thread. My app uses microsofts official data feeds. It will never be like other apps that ask for your live credentials and scrape xbox.com for their data. While this does leave my app with less data and features, it doesn't annoy microsoft, and it's not shady.

I know I would never give my credentials to anything not from microsoft, and if you do, you're just asking to have your account hacked.
    Any news on ETA?

Also, I know this will never be in the App Catalog because the server can't handle it but I don't understand why. Wouldn't this app be going off and getting friends off microsoft server? I kind of don't get it.
  16.    #256  
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    Any news on ETA?

Also, I know this will never be in the App Catalog because the server can't handle it but I don't understand why. Wouldn't this app be going off and getting friends off microsoft server? I kind of don't get it.
    I'm sure I've explained this before in this thread.

Part of the agreement to use microsofts feeds, is that I have to keep the url for the feed secret.

Something just putting in the apps code doesn't do. Because anyone with a spare minute would be able to get to it.

So all calls to the feed go to my server, and it accesses microsofts feed, and returns it.
    Can't wait to have this new version! This has been one of the few apps I have shown friends to get them interested in the Pre! Thanks!
    Sweet app!! Thanks for your efforts for the community!
    can someone create an app like this for PS3 users.. it would be amazing!!!!!!!!!!!! Please consider... thanks alot
    Development is actually going pretty quickly, having developed so many apps since I first wrote this, I have a lot of code in the locker to pull from. The general code structure is coming from wIRC, the preferences module and some other stuff is from Preware. The only stuff coming from the old version of this app is a few styles and the actual data download code.
    Oil,
    Don't forget about us. I can't wait to try out the new version of this app.

Maybe give us a status update? (please please please)
    kyocera 6035 > Samsung i500 > Treo 600 > Treo650 > Treo755p > Palm Pre Plus