Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by oil View Post
    Microsoft not updated the API.

The creators of that app are breaking the live account terms of use by asking you for your login information, logging in as you, and scraping all the html to make all that stuff work.

I will never ask anyone for their live credentials in my app. And I would never give my live login to anyone. How do you know they don't have any malicious intent?
    Since I am too lazy to read through 12 pages of posts, I will just ask my question to you right here.... will this come out on the App Catalog or will it be Homebrew only?
  2.    #222  
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Since I am too lazy to read through 12 pages of posts, I will just ask my question to you right here.... will this come out on the App Catalog or will it be Homebrew only?
    Unfortunately, I'm too lazy to answer a question I've already answered a few times.

It appears we're at an impasse...
    Quote Originally Posted by oil View Post
    Microsoft not updated the API.

The creators of that app are breaking the live account terms of use by asking you for your login information, logging in as you, and scraping all the html to make all that stuff work.

I will never ask anyone for their live credentials in my app. And I would never give my live login to anyone. How do you know they don't have any malicious intent?
    Cool didn't know all that. Thought MS had a change of heart lol. I hope they give more api one day. Thank you for great app.
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    No he will not submit to app catalog. The question and answer is on page 11 of thread.
    Are you able to add the ability to browse a person's specific game achievements?

The app is great and I actually like that I don't need to sign in.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I'm very surprised that no one has developed an xbox live app yet for the app catalog. Has anyone heard of one in development yet other than this one for homebrew?
    What ever happened to M$ and their "Live Anywhere" plan? you would think that they would hire people like oil and the dude that made the 360 live app (iphone) to complete that project.....Great job oil!!!!
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Oil

Question I was wondering how 1337pwn.com has been doing there app for the iphone are they scrapping as well? Or did MS possibly give them access to a different api? They had there app up for some time 2+ years maybe.

I would think since MS stepped up and forced them to make it free that they would also put a stop to the scrapping by removing their access to the feeds.
    I like this app its simple and easy but I wish there was an notification to tell me when friends come online so I know when to get online and join the party.
    --Marvin
    I know you said it will never log into live, but is it anyway possible for it to ever be able to send messages to contacts?

btw, I LOVE this app.
  11.    #231  
    Quote Originally Posted by helidos View Post
    Oil

Question I was wondering how 1337pwn.com has been doing there app for the iphone are they scrapping as well? Or did MS possibly give them access to a different api? They had there app up for some time 2+ years maybe.

I would think since MS stepped up and forced them to make it free that they would also put a stop to the scrapping by removing their access to the feeds.
    I believe they're in the XCDP and using the same private feeds my app does.

Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    I like this app its simple and easy but I wish there was an notification to tell me when friends come online so I know when to get online and join the party.
    That's on the feature map for a future release. I just haven't had any time to work on an update to this.

Quote Originally Posted by mandigaga View Post
    I know you said it will never log into live, but is it anyway possible for it to ever be able to send messages to contacts?

btw, I LOVE this app.
    You can send messages with xbox.com.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    This and dr podre is the two most used aps on my phone.
    I dont even use the phone as much as I do your app.

Thank you so much for all your work.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Hey Oil,

You should probably submit your app to Palm. I'm sure you would win some money for the developer contest they have going on.
    Quote Originally Posted by slp15 View Post
    Hey Oil,

You should probably submit your app to Palm. I'm sure you would win some money for the developer contest they have going on.
    Definitely agree with this.

Will your server hold up Oil?
    If submitted to the app catalog and hundreds or thousands of people are using it.

I use this app all the time, fastest way to check who is online.
  15.    #235  
    The server definitely wouldn't hold up to that kind of traffic.

I won't be putting it in the catalog.
    Would a refresh button be possible?
    I'd rather have an 'Add Friend' button out in the open than a refresh button. Just me though
    Here is an idea, just license your code for the app and have another developer take it over to improve it.

This way you can earn your well deserved money for all the work you've done, and then the users get the app to be improved and placed in the app catalog.

Everybody wins!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

19.    #239  
    Quote Originally Posted by Blipstein View Post
    Would a refresh button be possible?
    It would be, but it wouldn't do much good, as the data is cached on the server for 15 mins. So manually refreshing it every minute would just download that cached data each time. It's best to let the app handle it.

Quote Originally Posted by malecslomas View Post
    I'd rather have an 'Add Friend' button out in the open than a refresh button. Just me though
    That was an early design decision, while it would useful for initially adding friends, it would only get in the way once your list is setup.

Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Here is an idea, just license your code for the app and have another developer take it over to improve it.

This way you can earn your well deserved money for all the work you've done, and then the users get the app to be improved and placed in the app catalog.

Everybody wins!
    It's not that simple.
    It would be, but it wouldn't do much good, as the data is cached on the server for 15 mins. So manually refreshing it every minute would just download that cached data each time. It's best to let the app handle it
    Ok. So does the app automatically refresh every 15 minutes?
    There is no spoon