Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Any plans to update the app with the ability to log in so it automatically adds your friends? Or is that against MS's api usage?
  2.    #182  
    Quote Originally Posted by DougB541 View Post
    Any plans to update the app with the ability to log in so it automatically adds your friends? Or is that against MS's api usage?
    No plans to do this..
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    this is a great app.. very smooth.. not buggy at all.. and one of the reasons i actually wanted to get the homebrew on my pre.. nice job!
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    hey oil great work on the app. Not knowing the first thing about developing an app and i didnt see anyone else mention the idea is there a way to possibly set it up to notify you when your friends hop online and let you know what they are playing. Just a thought.
  5.    #185  
    Yeah, Its already on the todo list...
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I just wanted to add my thanks for this program. This is the one homebrew app i use on a daily basis.

I previously logged into xbox.com or turned on the 360 to find out who was online but now its so much easier.
    Quote Originally Posted by oil View Post
    It doesn't show anything because that gamertag doesn't exist.

See for yourself: THE SHOW KILLER

btw, if the persons status doesnt update, that probably means they have their setting to show only to friends. and since we dont log on, we dont get to see them online.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I am having an issue where my friends gamer tag picutres show up only some of the time . Sometimes a few will show up while others dont. Any idea why that is?

Thanks
    Last edited by Knee Dragger; 08/07/2009 at 02:26 PM.
    There is no spoon
  9.    #189  
    Quote Originally Posted by Knee Dragger View Post
    I am having an issue where my friends gamer tag picutres show up only some of the time . Sometimes a few will show up while others dont. Any idea why that is?
    Yeah, thats not really something I can control. Its more mobile network connection and issues with microsofts site.

My server always sends a gamerpic url along with everything else when the app asks for it. If the pic doesn't display, its because your phone can't get the image from microsoft. Which is either due to the mobile internet connection, or microsoft not correctly serving it up.

I wish there was a way the app to cache those images locally, so they would always display, even without a connection, but sadly there isn't.

Now, if their gamerpic is NEVER there, it may be something I would be able to fix.
    The gamer pic IS there sometimes so its not something you can control I guess.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Can we get an update on an update.
  12.    #192  
    There is nothing to update on the update.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    i want this app, but too much of a hassle to install for me. ;(
    webos quickinstall is stupidly easy to use.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    is this app running in the background alot? for some reason my battery is draining quicker than it used to ever since i started using homebrew, and this is the first app i got.
  15.    #195  
    If it's closed, it's closed, and doesn't do anything anything.

If its in card-mode, it checks every 5 mins.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oil View Post
    If it's closed, it's closed, and doesn't do anything anything.

If its in card-mode, it checks every 5 mins.
    ok thanks maybe its the switcharoo app.

EFFING GREAT APP by the way, i work at gamestop and people have been asking me forever why there arent apps like this...so useful.
    any updated on loading from your own friends list. i really dont want to re-add my near 100 friends.
  18.    #198  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nismoses View Post
    any updated on loading from your own friends list. i really dont want to re-add my near 100 friends.
    It's never going to happen.
    Nice job, Oil!

Very cool app with a nice, streamlined interface and good updates. It took awhile for the app to work correctly (synching issues I guess) but it looks great now.

Thank you!

I couldn't find an applauding smiley, so consider this a long-winded applauding smiley with two .

Techiedude
    Forgot to put in my measly two cents:

Would it be possible to wrap two or three lines in the portrait mode to give the full description that's on the initial screen? (Last seen 15 hours ago...blah...blah...blah). And could it be included in the landscape version as well?

I seem to recall you mentioning this in another thread but couldn't remember where or find it.

Thnx much!

Techiedude

EDIT: Oops - just noticed the description in Landscape mode; would there be a way to wrap that in portrait mode?
    Last edited by Techiedude; 09/10/2009 at 03:04 PM.