Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by murdermajig View Post
    I know that one!
    go to your stylesheet and type this

Then go to your scene and type, replace image.png with the image you want

and replace the top <body> with this
    Thanks, I'll try tonight or tomorrow - waiting for a fireworks display right now.
  2.    #22  
    I know that one!
    go to your stylesheet and type this

Then go to your scene and type, replace image.png with the image you want

and replace the top <body> with this
    That didn't work either!!

Can anyone explain why?
    Quote Originally Posted by taalibeen View Post
    That didn't work either!!

Can anyone explain why?
    did you put it in your <body class=mybackground in your mainView-scene
    a the
    body.myBackground {
    background: url(../images/Image.png) center center;
    }
    in the .css of your stylesheet

or i could do it for you, just give me the image
    Well, I worked things out, giving you my goldfade.png background

Now put the image in the images folder, go to stylesheets/habla.css and modify only "goldfade.png" and rename it the name of your background.
    There you go! You've got a background.
    Attached Files Attached Files
  5.    #25  
    Well, I worked things out, giving you my goldfade.png background

Now put the image in the images folder, go to stylesheets/habla.css and modify only "goldfade.png" and rename it the name of your background.
    There you go! You've got a background.
    I installed your version and much to my elation and chagrin, the background worked fine.

After a solid 30 seconds of comparing, I found the issue. There was never a problem with any of the various syntaxes I tried.

WebOS was saying to me, "look dipsh!t, if you're going to try and use a 3.18MB file as a background, I'm just gonna sit here and watch you chase your tail trying to figure out why you're not getting what you're expecting to get.#

Once I resized my file it worked perfectly.

I've since updated the app, also adding ablank.html to prepopulate the webview widget upon app instantiation with the same background to give the look some continuity, as well as changed some of the wording and font appearance.

I'll upload an updated .ipk tomorrow, well later on today.
    yeah, thats a big file LOL
    Regarding the fontsize, the Rough Cuts book says there's a minFontSize property that can be set for the webview widget, but doesn't mention how to set it or what the possible values are.

Since I only have the leaked SDK, it doesn't have the full documentation.

I'll take a look at the Xbox app thread and see what I can do in that regard.
    Code:
    if (this.controller.stageController.setWindowOrientation) {
        this.controller.stageController.setWindowOrientation("free");
    }
  8.    #28  
    Okay, thanks to some of the other user's on this forum, I've updated Habla!.

It now has a background that makes it look more like a Pre application, some of the wording in the application has been changed, and it now works in landscape AND portrait modes.

Again, thanks to all the people that have helped get this to where it is now.

I'm still working on some improvements though.

Here's the .ipk -->
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Thanks for this! Shouldn't this thread be in the homebrew forum? I think it'll get more hits/downloads there.
    Okay, thanks to some of the other user's on this forum, I've updated Habla!.

It now has a background that makes it look more like a Pre application, some of the wording in the application has been changed, and it now works in landscape AND portrait modes.

Again, thanks to all the people that have helped get this to where it is now.

I'm still working on some improvements though.

Here's the .ipk -->
    Nice!

Would you post the updated links in the opening post? I am betting that some are not digging all the way through this thread to find the updates.

This is really cool. I am sure you noticed that the returned text is now about one font size too big. Much better than when it was 3 sizes too small!

Nice job!

- Craig
    Nice app, but it should go under homebrew apps
  12.    #32  
    Anyone know how to move a thread?
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I just tried the updated ipk but it didnt install on my pre. I just exchanged to my 3rd pre today and still on 1.03 but this one didnt install for me while others had. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I can definately use this. right on!
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by gtacura View Post
    I just tried the updated ipk but it didnt install on my pre. I just exchanged to my 3rd pre today and still on 1.03 but this one didnt install for me while others had. Thanks.
    Are you using the e-mail method or the SDK method to install?

I'm at 1.0.4 so I can't test the e-mail method.
    nice work!! i needed this one!!
  17.    #37  
    Some kinda way, looks like you missed that there's a 2.0.0 version that is much better.
    that's cool but i think the other translation app will do more, nice idea though (i also like the name)
  19.    #39  
    LOL, the other translation app is for phrase translations based on Google Translate.

Habla! Has a completely different purpose than the other app, as it is designed for a STUDNET of Spanish, not just someone that wants to know how to say a phrase.

Habla! Provides access to an in depth dictionary.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12