Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rboatright View Post
    I am -so- not a graphics guy....
    now, if I can just figure out why the mojo error dialogs aren't firing....

:-/
    Dont you have to replace the image maps with real buttons. You may have to recode SciCalc, Start From Scratch

I can't help it!!!!!
    *AustinPowers*
    I've lost my MOJO!
  2.    #22  
    why? Why would using "real" buttons make any difference? (other than being a lot more lines of code)

the imagemaps are simple and direct. Touch here, do that. It's a direct 1-to-1 relationship. If we switch to "real" buttons, then when you hit shift, we have to update the captions on more than a dozen objects vs swapping two graphics. Why?

Additionally, we _can't_ use mojo buttons. Mojo buttons will not resize below 45 pixels no matter what you do. Palm's style guide says that's the smallest appropriate touch target, and so, mojo buttons don't go smaller.

As to why the error dialog doesn't fire, that has nothing to do with the imagemaps. The first line of the header calls the mojo library. a call to Mojo.Controller.errorDialog('sometext') ought to fire an error dialog.

And I admit tobeing confused by that. I know the functions are firing, I can put in a call to update the results textboxx with the error, and it fires, even if it put it AFTER the mojo call.

I'm going to mess around a bit and see if I can isolate just that part of the code.
    these are not signed ipk's. email install will not work. And the reality is that you're going to need to learn another method for side loading next week anyway, so you may as well now. Go to predev.wikidot.net and read up on various sideloading methods.

went to predev
    didnt see a page about "sideloading"
    even typed "sideloading" into search box on that page,nothing came up

do you have an actual link to the sideloading technicques?
  4.    #24  
    Sorry. My shorthand.

Currently known sideloading techniques:

1) if you root your pre, you can simply use sdf to copy the source files into /var/usr/palm/applications.

2) if you root your pre you can install any ipk file (signed or not) by typing

ipkg-opt install http://www.somewhere.com/someipk.ipk

3) if you root your pre and have copied the ipk to the pre as a USB drive you can install using

ipkg-opt install /media/internal/nameofipk.ipk

4) If you download the sdk you can install using

Palm-install -d usb c:\somepath\nameofipk.ipk

A community built installer which does not require downloading the sdk should be available very soon, there are two different efforts underway. Keep watching predev.wikidot.net and the forums here.
    Does anyone know how to install this on the emulator without emailing it?
    TIA
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Sorry. My shorthand.

Currently known sideloading techniques:

1) if you root your pre, you can simply use sdf to copy the source files into /var/usr/palm/applications.

2) if you root your pre you can install any ipk file (signed or not) by typing

ipkg-opt install http://www.somewhere.com/someipk.ipk

3) if you root your pre and have copied the ipk to the pre as a USB drive you can install using

ipkg-opt install /media/internal/nameofipk.ipk

4) If you download the sdk you can install using

Palm-install -d usb c:\somepath\nameofipk.ipk

A community built installer which does not require downloading the sdk should be available very soon, there are two different efforts underway. Keep watching predev.wikidot.net and the forums here.

still no links to sideloading

can u please give link to #4 ?
    1. Download the Mojo SDK to your PC by going here: http://preinsiders.com/home/2009/06/...ed-to-the-web/

2. Set your Pre to developer mode by typing the following in Universal Search: upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart. Follow the prompts.

3. Hook your Pre to your PC in “Just Charge” mode. Files will (automatically?) install.

4. Restart your Pre.

5. Download the desired app to your PC from the Homebrew App thread here: http://forums.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/

6. Drag the .ipk file for the Homebrew App onto Program Files>Palm>SDK>bin>palm-install.bat on the PC (a cmd prompt will pop up and after this you should see the app icon in your programs on the Pre).
    Quote Originally Posted by knightflores View Post
    1. Download the Mojo SDK to your PC by going here: http://preinsiders.com/home/2009/06/...ed-to-the-web/

2. Set your Pre to developer mode by typing the following in Universal Search: upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart. Follow the prompts.

3. Hook your Pre to your PC in “Just Charge” mode. Files will (automatically?) install.

4. Restart your Pre.

5. Download the desired app to your PC from the Homebrew App thread here: http://forums.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/

6. Drag the .ipk file for the Homebrew App onto Program Files>Palm>SDK>bin>palm-install.bat on the PC (a cmd prompt will pop up and after this you should see the app icon in your programs on the Pre).
    can u check that first link? when i click it it still has the ... in it so link does not work
    crap your right sorry didnt notice that well you can get the SDK here....PalmSDK-Win-0 3 4 : Software > Palm, PocketPC & IPAQ - Mininova
  10.    #30  
    See top post. New version 3 with mojo error dialogs, july 4 2009.
  11.    #31  
    updated to rev 4. Help, about, and credit to murdermajig for updated graphics.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Any chance you can make a business calculator? Had a great one I paid for on my BB that did margins, markup etc. Use it all the time, desperate for one on my Pre.
    Can you attach a higher-res screenshot to see the new changes better? Thanks!
    Rooting required? Need to update subject line.
    Global Posts
    887 Global Posts
    App works very nice.

If I had to critique one thing, it would be that it would be nice to see my whole equation as I'm typing it in...When I type in 4 X (3+5)...I hit the 4, I hit the "X" (and the 4 goes away and I get a ".")...I hit the "(" (and nothing shows that I hit it)...etc.

I had a scientific calculator on my Storm and it worked very well. Showed the whole equation as you typed it in (you could even backspace and correct any errors). When you had it the way you wanted it...you hit enter (or Equals) and it gave you the answer.
    You need to anchor the page so it doesn't flick up or down. A couple of the game apps did that, intercepting a call of what ever kind.
    this is really cool cant wait to try it out. thank you.
    awesome, I've been looking for a calc, thanx!
    You have been selected by the PreCentral's members as one of the top Homebrew Applications so far. Congratulations!

Here is the list:

1. My Notifications - set sounds for Pre alerts - Kaerey
    2. BlockDrop (was Pretris) - elchileno
    3. DevMode Launcher - no more codes to type! - cstucker
    4. Solitaire Card Game -t.tokarczyk01
    5. PrePackage: Package Tracking
    6. My Tether-Tether over WiFi, USB, and BT - aonic
    7. Translator - 20+ Languages - roar
    8. Dot Game - oil
    9. Stopwatch/Timer - sambao21
    10. Tip Calculator *Redux* -PreGame
    11. WxRad Animated Weather Radar -adsllc