Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    This is Timer On A Stick.

It's a very simple countdown timer. You may specify any amount of time from 1 second to 99 hours, 59 minutes, and 59 seconds.

Timer On A Stick - countdown timer app for Palm webOS

One problem I've experienced: timer stops while screen is turned off. I cannot reproduce this 100% of the time, however. It's implemented via a function passed to window.setInterval that decrements the counter every second, incase that's of any help to anyone who can shed some light.

CAVEAT: After you start a timer, do not close the app, or the timer will stop running and you will not be alerted.
    Thanks.
    emailing this link to myself worked fine.
    I've been using my centro to charge my pre batteries to avoid 1.04 update.
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    finally a timer, thank you! haha
    http://phwelo.mobi
    for any questions or to send a donation: phwelo@gmail.com
    Cool, thanks for the app.
    I also was thinking of using my spare battery to avoid the 1.04 update :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannyman View Post
    Thanks.
    emailing this link to myself worked fine.
    I've been using my centro to charge my pre batteries to avoid 1.04 update.
    One question if you could, how are you able to email yourself the link, I know you provided the link, Thank you, however I was just wondering how did you go about doing it so that I can do that with some of the other apps.. I'm still on 1.03.. Thanks
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    I went to his website and found the ipk file. I put the link address in my email. I pressed the send button.

Hope that helps.
    Can someone turn the app link into a mailto: link so our email program will pop up? Either that or if dsevil can upload the file to the OP?
    Quote Originally Posted by dsevil View Post
    One problem I've experienced: timer stops while screen is turned off. I cannot reproduce this 100% of the time, however. It's implemented via a function passed to window.setInterval that decrements the counter every second, incase that's of any help to anyone who can shed some light.
    I presume that WebOS allows cookies, in which case you could use them to store timer interval and clock time (or maybe just end time) so that when you come back to the page the state of the timer can be calculated.
    The snake app apparently uses cookies to track high scores, so that may be a solution.
    OMG i am so unlucky, Today while trying to hit a notification the reqeust to install the update showed up and i happened to hit it by mistake!!!!. which means no more homebrew apps for me! :'(
    Quote Originally Posted by jusegozu View Post
    OMG i am so unlucky, Today while trying to hit a notification the reqeust to install the update showed up and i happened to hit it by mistake!!!!. which means no more homebrew apps for me! :'(
    No, it just means you just have to learn the SDK method.
    YES! Finally a timer! Thanks!
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    this is just ****ing great.. the day after I update. I'm so sick of having to use my actual laptop as a countdown timer for the 5-7 30-minute tests i take everyday
    The email link from your site worked perfectly. Thank you for this app.

To take a guess about the sleep bug with window.setInterval, after the screen turns off does the window still exist? Is there no longer a window to set the interval against?
    Quote Originally Posted by theromanone View Post
    this is just ****ing great.. the day after I update. I'm so sick of having to use my actual laptop as a countdown timer for the 5-7 30-minute tests i take everyday
    If your tests are 30 min long then this wouldn't have helped you anyway. There's currently a bug that stalls the timer after the device goes to sleep which is 3 min max.
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    I presume that WebOS allows cookies, in which case you could use them to store timer interval and clock time (or maybe just end time) so that when you come back to the page the state of the timer can be calculated.
    If I come back to the application for some time after the timer was scheduled to finish, then the purpose of my program has been defeated.

Just for a little insight, an incomplete list of things I personally use a timer for:
    - 4 minutes waiting for press pot coffee (the best brewing process ever) to steep.
    - 22 minutes waiting for the washing machines downstairs in my apartment building to complete their task.
    - 60 minutes waiting for the dryers.
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Kernel View Post
    If your tests are 30 min long then this wouldn't have helped you anyway. There's currently a bug that stalls the timer after the device goes to sleep which is 3 min max.
    Sounds insightful.
    Is this something that Palm knows about and/or plans to fix?
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Kernel View Post
    Can someone turn the app link into a mailto: link so our email program will pop up? Either that or if dsevil can upload the file to the OP?
    There's a mailto: link on my site already.
    It's in that section of text that has a strike running through it.
    gotcha
    Thanks a ton. This is an essential smartphone app IMO. I'd like to request that you try to figure out the custom sounds part asap as if I'm busy I will likely ignore the beep thinking it's just an incomming message. This would defeat the whole purpose of having a timer going.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast