Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Let us know what you find out about resuming the timer. I will be tackling an app shortly that will have a timer component in it and I was wondering if setInterval was going to have those problems.
    I have been counting down the minutes until a countdown clock would be released! Thank you!!
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Sweet! A timer! How 'bout a stopwatch next?
    One thing I would like to see is a regular timer option. but thank you very much
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Thanks
    Can't wait to get this installed, can't believe Palm didn't have this at launch. Any chaces of getting a stopwatch app? That would really complete this.
    Nice, this will help with power hour.
    haha :P
    Thanks ! I've just added your app to the palmopensource.com directory ! Now we have TWO open source apps for the pre :-)
    Ludo

www.palmopensource.com - The PalmOS/WebOS open source portal
    Palm IIIx -> Palm Tungsten T -> Sharp Zaurus -> Pre? Android?
    +1 on the stopwatch function request, and the ability to make the phone bug the crap out of you until you acknowledge that the timer has countdown would be great.
    The bug makes it completely useless unless you are timing a very small period. Good start, but this app has no purpose (IMO) in its current state.
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GQGeek81 View Post
    +1 on the stopwatch function request, and the ability to make the phone bug the crap out of you until you acknowledge that the timer has countdown would be great.
    Stopwatch functionality (among other custom timer suggestions I've received) would be better served by another app.

Possibly a fork of this one.
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Kernel View Post
    If your tests are 30 min long then this wouldn't have helped you anyway. There's currently a bug that stalls the timer after the device goes to sleep which is 3 min max.
    More like 3 seconds for me.

Quote Originally Posted by dsevil View Post
    Sounds insightful.
    Is this something that Palm knows about and/or plans to fix?
    Has anyone an answer to this question?
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by derf.k View Post
    Sweet! A timer! How 'bout a stopwatch next?
    +1
    question. does the timer start over when you get to the end or can that be added? I would like to have it ding after 10 seconds and then count down 10 seconds again and again and again.
    Global Posts
    400 Global Posts
    Really need that cant wait to use it
    Stopwatch functionality (among other custom timer suggestions I've received) would be better served by another app.

Possibly a fork of this one.
    It's your app so you can do what you want, but I very much disagree. A stopwatch and timer are two sides to the same coin, imo. Either is incomplete without the other.
    If I come back to the application for some time after the timer was scheduled to finish, then the purpose of my program has been defeated.

Just for a little insight, an incomplete list of things I personally use a timer for:
    - 4 minutes waiting for press pot coffee (the best brewing process ever) to steep.
    - 22 minutes waiting for the washing machines downstairs in my apartment building to complete their task.
    - 60 minutes waiting for the dryers.

ha ha a countdown timer is how i get my laundry too.

Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    feature request: "analog mode"

makes timer look like this:

requires 2 fingers to "turn" to "set" the timer & begins countdown immediately upon touch-release.

ahh nostalgia
    will there be an updated version coming out soon?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    on what stick?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast