Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi,
    I probably don't have to tell you much about that game except that it's available for your Pre (for free) now
    update 0.2:
    You can controle the snake via WASD oder IJKL keys or by flicking your finger.
    Added extra lives, bonuses, bombs (don't run into them)
    Added more levels

Screenshots:

All Info, Screenshots, Download, and paypal button on my website: Snake for Palm Pre

have fun!

ps: say, are there already any other games for the pre or is this the first?

Download the latest version from the Homebrew Apps Gallery: Snake
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Milominderbinder; 08/09/2009 at 12:57 PM.
    First homebrew game. Connect4 is a demo. So yah first free graphic/interactive game! Awesome!
    Wow, nice job!! Just a quick question....how are you storing the highscores?
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Great work. One comment - the flick control is nice, but when I flick up or down it flicks the whole screen up or down in addition to the control.
    Awesome for a first game. Contact me if you want some help making graphics or images, im pretty good with Photoshop.
    you need to disable the scroller on the base scene. Scenes automatically come with scrollers, but can be disabled. Other than that, it's freaking GREAT!!!
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by linwiz311 View Post
    Wow, nice job!! Just a quick question....how are you storing the highscores?
    see Getting Started with webOS
    I'm using cookies

Quote Originally Posted by rboatright View Post
    you need to disable the scroller on the base scene. Scenes automatically come with scrollers, but can be disabled. Other than that, it's freaking GREAT!!!
    I've added an Event.stop(event); in the flick handler method, that should suffice? It's in the next release, thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by roar View Post
    I'm using cookies

I've added an Event.stop(event); in the flick handler method, that should suffice? It's in the next release, thanks
    In my Paint app, I handle it like this in stage-assistant.jsjsjs $when$ $I$ $push$ $the$ $scene$:

this.controller.pushScene({name:"paint", disableSceneScroller:true});
    i know you can't do the email attachment anymore, where do you save it to in order to access it... i tried downloads, and couldn't find it, and DCIM is a clipboard or something...
  10.    #10  
    thanks rboatright and snailslug, new version is up.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeybob365 View Post
    i know you can't do the email attachment anymore, where do you save it to in order to access it... i tried downloads, and couldn't find it, and DCIM is a clipboard or something...
    I need help too.
    Opening the link via my Palm Pre just sent me to a website with loads of scripts on it.
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Played it on the emulator...can't wait for your updates.
    My phone already upgraded to .04. ghow can I install this in my phone without having to root it?
    Is this an SDK install?
    emailed it to myself on the SDK. Works perfectly.

Suggestion:

Make it pause if you launch a new card or open the menu or something... I tested it and the little guy just keeps going... haha so a pause option would be cool.

Well if you want to make it challenging, you could keep pause out of it, but I really think it should autopause if you hit the menu, open the launcher, or basically do anything outside of the card itself.

otherwise, Awesome!

Great Job!
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by roar View Post
    I'm using cookies

Might want to consider using a html 5 database. Better memory usage if you have lots of data (which may not be the case for a high score).
  17. tuz
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    This can't be done in 1.0.3 via email link? When I have some free time I will figure out this non-rooted SDK thing. Excited this app!
    if we're all throwing ideas at ya, how bout having an options tab on the menu, and we can change the color of everything, and also let us choose the buttons to use, for me it feels awkward reaching across the keyboard to use my dominant thumb...

still waiting for some directions on how to put it on my pre
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeybob365 View Post
    if we're all throwing ideas at ya, how bout having an options tab on the menu, and we can change the color of everything, and also let us choose the buttons to use, for me it feels awkward reaching across the keyboard to use my dominant thumb...

still waiting for some directions on how to put it on my pre
    not sure where the thread is here.. but i was recently reading this thread on ppcgeeks Post-WebOS 1.04 update homebrew app installation instructions - PPCGeeks

credit goes to Drybonz
    Quote Originally Posted by klubhead View Post
    not sure where the thread is here.. but i was recently reading this thread on ppcgeeks Post-WebOS 1.04 update homebrew app installation instructions - PPCGeeks

credit goes to Drybonz
    Credit to drybonz, but a thanks to you
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast