webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  webOS Homebrew Apps > Snake
Snake
  Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07/01/2009, 03:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 122
Hi,
I probably don't have to tell you much about that game except that it's available for your Pre (for free) now
update 0.2:
You can controle the snake via WASD oder IJKL keys or by flicking your finger.
Added extra lives, bonuses, bombs (don't run into them)
Added more levels

Screenshots:


All Info, Screenshots, Download, and paypal button on my website: Snake for Palm Pre

have fun!

ps: say, are there already any other games for the pre or is this the first?

Download the latest version from the Homebrew Apps Gallery: Snake
Attached Images
File Type: png snake_both.png (96.8 KB, 4703 views) Email Attachment
Attached Files
File Type: ipk de.umass.snake_0.2_all.ipk (128.0 KB, 2336 views) Email Attachment
Download URL:

Last edited by Milominderbinder; 08/09/2009 at 12:57 PM.
roar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/01/2009, 03:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
JohnnyPre's Avatar
 
Posts: 912
First homebrew game. Connect4 is a demo. So yah first free graphic/interactive game! Awesome!
JohnnyPre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/01/2009, 03:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 106
Wow, nice job!! Just a quick question....how are you storing the highscores?
linwiz311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/01/2009, 03:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 73
Great work. One comment - the flick control is nice, but when I flick up or down it flicks the whole screen up or down in addition to the control.
Khidr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/01/2009, 03:57 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 164
Awesome for a first game. Contact me if you want some help making graphics or images, im pretty good with Photoshop.
abiezerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/01/2009, 03:59 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
rboatright's Avatar
 
Posts: 550
you need to disable the scroller on the base scene. Scenes automatically come with scrollers, but can be disabled. Other than that, it's freaking GREAT!!!
rboatright is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: roar
Old 07/01/2009, 04:07 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by linwiz311 View Post
Wow, nice job!! Just a quick question....how are you storing the highscores?
see Getting Started with webOS
I'm using cookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by rboatright View Post
you need to disable the scroller on the base scene. Scenes automatically come with scrollers, but can be disabled. Other than that, it's freaking GREAT!!!
I've added an Event.stop(event); in the flick handler method, that should suffice? It's in the next release, thanks
roar is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: linwiz311
Old 07/01/2009, 04:10 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by roar View Post
see Getting Started with webOS
I'm using cookies


I've added an Event.stop(event); in the flick handler method, that should suffice? It's in the next release, thanks
In my Paint app, I handle it like this in stage-assistant.js when I push the scene:

this.controller.pushScene({name:"paint", disableSceneScroller:true});
Snailslug is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: roar
Old 07/01/2009, 04:15 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 69
i know you can't do the email attachment anymore, where do you save it to in order to access it... i tried downloads, and couldn't find it, and DCIM is a clipboard or something...
mikeybob365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/01/2009, 04:50 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 122
thanks rboatright and snailslug, new version is up.
roar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/01/2009, 04:56 PM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 994
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeybob365 View Post
i know you can't do the email attachment anymore, where do you save it to in order to access it... i tried downloads, and couldn't find it, and DCIM is a clipboard or something...
I need help too.
Opening the link via my Palm Pre just sent me to a website with loads of scripts on it.
Kedar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/01/2009, 05:16 PM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
DNic's Avatar
 
Posts: 570
Played it on the emulator...can't wait for your updates.
DNic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/01/2009, 06:35 PM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
sracercelica's Avatar
 
Posts: 343
My phone already upgraded to .04. ghow can I install this in my phone without having to root it?
sracercelica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/01/2009, 07:07 PM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
Colonel Kernel's Avatar
 
Posts: 775
Is this an SDK install?
Colonel Kernel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/01/2009, 07:39 PM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
SirataXero's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,729
emailed it to myself on the SDK. Works perfectly.

Suggestion:

Make it pause if you launch a new card or open the menu or something... I tested it and the little guy just keeps going... haha so a pause option would be cool.

Well if you want to make it challenging, you could keep pause out of it, but I really think it should autopause if you hit the menu, open the launcher, or basically do anything outside of the card itself.

otherwise, Awesome!

Great Job!
SirataXero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/01/2009, 08:43 PM   #16 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 781
Quote:
Originally Posted by roar View Post
see Getting Started with webOS
I'm using cookies


I've added an Event.stop(event); in the flick handler method, that should suffice? It's in the next release, thanks
Might want to consider using a html 5 database. Better memory usage if you have lots of data (which may not be the case for a high score).
mosdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/01/2009, 09:13 PM   #17 (permalink)
tuz
Member
 
Posts: 145
This can't be done in 1.0.3 via email link? When I have some free time I will figure out this non-rooted SDK thing. Excited this app!
tuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/01/2009, 09:15 PM   #18 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 69
if we're all throwing ideas at ya, how bout having an options tab on the menu, and we can change the color of everything, and also let us choose the buttons to use, for me it feels awkward reaching across the keyboard to use my dominant thumb...

still waiting for some directions on how to put it on my pre
mikeybob365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/01/2009, 10:24 PM   #19 (permalink)
Member
 
Klubhead's Avatar
 
Posts: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeybob365 View Post
if we're all throwing ideas at ya, how bout having an options tab on the menu, and we can change the color of everything, and also let us choose the buttons to use, for me it feels awkward reaching across the keyboard to use my dominant thumb...

still waiting for some directions on how to put it on my pre
not sure where the thread is here.. but i was recently reading this thread on ppcgeeks Post-WebOS 1.04 update homebrew app installation instructions - PPCGeeks

credit goes to Drybonz
Klubhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/01/2009, 10:50 PM   #20 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by klubhead View Post
not sure where the thread is here.. but i was recently reading this thread on ppcgeeks Post-WebOS 1.04 update homebrew app installation instructions - PPCGeeks

credit goes to Drybonz
Credit to drybonz, but a thanks to you
mikeybob365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

 

Thread Tools
Display Modes



 


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0