Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    #41  
    Hi,
    I've just updated the game, changes include:
    You can controle the snake now with IJKL keys in addition the WASD keys and your finger
    Extra items, such as bonuses (which get you more points) bombs (you lose a life if you run into them), and extra lives (you'll need them)
    Also added a few levels (see screenshot for level 3)

Screenshots and Download either in the first post of this thread or at http://u-mass.de/snake

have fun!
    Nice update thanks!
    Glad to see an update to this game! Well done. Now I can waste more time with Snakes!
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    played the game for a while and the snake got faster but my level number never changed. is that norm?

awesome game tho.. i really like the way it looks.
  5.    #45  
    the new version now contains "real" levels (see screenshot). You will proceed to the next level after you eat 30 cookies.
    Would it be possible to duplicate the down functionality to the X key and comma? I realize that WASD and IJKL are common for PC gaming where you can have fingers on multiple keys at once, but when I'm trying to play this using solely my thumbs, it feels much more natural to rest my thumb on the S key and move it up from there to W to move up and down from there to the X to move down. I realize that WASD probably works as is for some people, so I wouldn't mind the functionality duplicated to both the S and X keys.

And I don't think I've ever seen a Snake game where you can cross over the sides to the other side of the screen without dying, but I guess later levels probably have walls there so that's entirely fine.
    I kinda think I might of found a bug. (I'll update the link to a thumbnail shortly)

Mobile Photobucket
    Last edited by Colonel Kernel; 07/10/2009 at 08:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Would it be possible to duplicate the down functionality to the X key and comma? I realize that WASD and IJKL are common for PC gaming where you can have fingers on multiple keys at once, but when I'm trying to play this using solely my thumbs, it feels much more natural to rest my thumb on the S key and move it up from there to W to move up and down from there to the X to move down. I realize that WASD probably works as is for some people, so I wouldn't mind the functionality duplicated to both the S and X keys.

And I don't think I've ever seen a Snake game where you can cross over the sides to the other side of the screen without dying, but I guess later levels probably have walls there so that's entirely fine.
    I agree that 'x' and 'm' should also be a down key (2 down keys never hurt anyone... well I guess that would technically make 4 but anyhow you get the point).

However many snake games allow you to go through the wall and then once you get to a tougher level walls are added amidst the playing field (just as this snake version ... I assume from the pics).
    My old Nokia days from 2001 are back! Thanks!
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Sweet, great snake program, thanks!
    To Honor With Dignity- USAF Honor Guard
    \
    Last edited by jrdejavux; 07/12/2009 at 01:43 AM. Reason: nevermind found the problem
    there is a few other games for the pre... but this one sure was the first
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    How about someone makes a cool pool game!!!
    I had a great game going, Level 5 with over 2K points and then I rebooted the phone to test some software.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyS View Post
    I had a great game going, Level 5 with over 2K points and then I rebooted the phone to test some software.
    hahahahahahahahahha

Pwnt.
    Nice and basic
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Kernel View Post
    I kinda think I might of found a bug. (I'll update the link to a thumbnail shortly)

Mobile Photobucket
    I have noticed this bug as well. You can actually go through walls and end up on the other side instead of dying. I wasn't sure if it was intentional or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by redskyy View Post
    I have noticed this bug as well. You can actually go through walls and end up on the other side instead of dying. I wasn't sure if it was intentional or not.
    It's intentional. The first level has no walls. Walls appear in levels 2+.
    Ooh I was about to ask why I could go theu walls at first and then I died...

Great game!
    this is definitely one of the better apps.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast