Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    It's a simply app. But it might come in handy for some people (like me ).

Google Maps Bookmarks

Bookmark addresses you need on the road, so you don't have to type them over and over and/or remember them.

Google Maps Bookmarks

=================================

1.0 update [07-03]:

- New layout
    - Fixed the can't select when empty bug
    - 10 instead of 4 entries

=================================
    Last edited by bruba; 07/03/2009 at 06:32 AM.
    Actually I would love something like this! Can someone repackage this?
    Please see stick in this forum to repackage your app for non rooted email download. Its a sticky.
    why not just use sprint navigation and save to your favorites? than you get spoken turn by turn
    Quote Originally Posted by drewjohn View Post
    why not just use sprint navigation and save to your favorites? than you get spoken turn by turn
    Depending on the situation GMaps can be just what the Dr. ordered.

Great work!
    as stated above, its not always directions. Sometimes I like to have a bunch "POI"'s to know the surrounding area first. Gmaps does that, telenav is great for directions though.

Even though, can't install it yet.
    So far, I'm impressively unimpressed with GPS turn-by-turn directions. The've been less than accurate each and every time and completely screwed up at least once.

But I love maps in general and, hence, Google Maps on my phone. And now with the Pre's GPS, I no longer have to find myself on the map.

But I, too, will be installing this app tonight as a stop-gap until the function is implemented in gMaps.
    Be nice if there was a way to send addresses via email and add them to this app (no idea how that would work though)

Turn by turn has actually worked well for me the 2 times i used it. Maybe 50 feet of lag once or twice.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPre View Post
    Actually I would love something like this! Can someone repackage this?
    +1
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by helfire View Post
    Be nice if there was a way to send addresses via email and add them to this app (no idea how that would work though)

Turn by turn has actually worked well for me the 2 times i used it. Maybe 50 feet of lag once or twice.
    while I love the Pre, I believe that it is near tragic that Palm did not/has not enabled copy from emails and text messages that are received on the Pre. check out Evernote (which is notes in a cloud, www.evernote.com) available in the App Catalog, which may allow a workaround for getting text and addresses into apps on the pre. I just used evernote from my desktop machine to send a piece of text to the Translator app on my pre. Note that the Google bookmarks app will need to support edit/Paste.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    oh man this is perfect thanks for the app man !
    How can we add more entries? Four is a decent start, but I will need more?
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Very cool! I'll be using this frequently, thanks!
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    I use contacts for this. If you poke an address in a contact on the Pre, it brings up Google Maps.

I suppose it would be handy to have a handful of addresses stored together so you don't have to perform a universal search or hunt in the contacts app.
    Is there an ipk file yet?
    No sign no email .03 install. :-(
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Thanks for all the positive feedback guys!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPre View Post
    Please see stick in this forum to repackage your app for non rooted email download. Its a sticky.
    Sorry, don't have linux to make a signed package. I hoped someone else would step in and repackage this.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2surf View Post
    Note that the Google bookmarks app will need to support edit/Paste.
    Copy/paste support is standard. Just paste inside the text fields.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Kernel View Post
    How can we add more entries? Four is a decent start, but I will need more?
    I'll update the app for more entries in the future (when I have time).
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Cool app.. I found a small glitch.. I set the first bookmark to my home.. that worked great.. then I thought I'd delete the "sample text" stuff from the remaining bookmark lines.. that renders them un-editable. Can't select them to enter an address.. probably because it's a zero length string and that makes it hard to hit cursor position with your finger. Then I discovered exiting the app and restarting, re-initializes the unused bookmarks to the sample text again. So it's sort of a non-issue.
    where do we get the SDK ?
    Lets get this repackaged, so I can install it by email. : - )
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast