Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks for this awesome app. My friend and I were just talking about making such an app too! Can you possible post the source code? I'm very interested in how this was done, thanks!
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    =================================

1.0 update [07-03]:

- New layout
    - Fixed the can't select when empty bug
    - 10 instead of 4 entries

=================================

Quote Originally Posted by ldbobby View Post
    Thanks for this awesome app. My friend and I were just talking about making such an app too! Can you possible post the source code? I'm very interested in how this was done, thanks!
    I'll post it on the site later. It's pretty simple. Just check this article about launching 3rd party apps:

Launching Viewers, Players and other 3rd party applications
    Need subject line to say [Rooting Required] or [No Rooting Required]. Which is it?
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Recommendation for future feature (no idea if it's possible)

Make the program a general map bookmark repository and let it link to gmaps and sprint nav.
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    I can't believe this, how can you not remember where hooters is?
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    The only thing I'd use for Google now is Street View, other than that, the Sprint Navi is an awesome app.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Very cool.

One feature that might be interesting to add is a picture viewer that lets you launch google maps pinpointed where the geotagged photos were taken.
    Not sure if I am just a total newb or what but I do this the same as all the others and it does nothing... Any tips?
    I was wondering if it would be possible in a future update for you to allow syncing with our GM Bookmarks from the Gmaps website? I'm not sure if Google allows this ability since they have yet to do so on their apps.
  10. tuz
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Why the Google Maps on my girlfriend's iPhone brings up typed matches from her address book and the app on the Pre doesn't is one of the great mysteries of the universe. Palm, wtf? Thanks for this app.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by helfire View Post
    Be nice if there was a way to send addresses via email and add them to this app (no idea how that would work though)
    Closest thing I can think of is if you call 1-800-GOOG-411, search for a business, and when you hear the list of matching results contains stuff you're interested in, say "Message!" and Google will send a text message to your phone. It will have a link to a web page with your results. From there, you can click on an address and it will take you to Google Maps.
    Hey you can use this app to help you find where you parked. YAY! ^___^
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Thanks again for all the feedback guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Dieter Bohn View Post
    Need subject line to say [Rooting Required] or [No Rooting Required]. Which is it?
    It's not repacked but it can be installed without rooting.

Quote Originally Posted by JC Strat View Post
    Very cool.

One feature that might be interesting to add is a picture viewer that lets you launch google maps pinpointed where the geotagged photos were taken.
    You mean geotagged pictures from the device? Good idea, not sure if it's possible, but I'll look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunlibra View Post
    I was wondering if it would be possible in a future update for you to allow syncing with our GM Bookmarks from the Gmaps website? I'm not sure if Google allows this ability since they have yet to do so on their apps.
    Are the bookmarks accessible in xml format or something?

Quote Originally Posted by groovdafied View Post
    Hey you can use this app to help you find where you parked. YAY! ^___^
    Good idea, I think a "get current location" button should be possible. Will look into it today or so..
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Great apps!
    The "Current Location button" mention above is exactly what I would love to have added to this. Cause something your driving and see a great spot along the way you wanna remember and don't always have the address on the spot.
    Cool! I knew my brain would be useful some day
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    A bit embarrassed...how do I use this?
    Global Posts
    887 Global Posts
    I guess this might be impossible, but is there any way to make this integrated into Google Maps instead of being a standalone application? If for no other reason than I don't need one more icon on my first page!
    Global Posts
    400 Global Posts
    cool app i will use also
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sciteach View Post
    A bit embarrassed...how do I use this?
    Hit the text fields and type in the addresses you need. Push "Go!" to open an address into a new Google Maps window. If you close the card, the app automatically saves the addresses you entered.

Quote Originally Posted by Habious View Post
    I guess this might be impossible, but is there any way to make this integrated into Google Maps instead of being a standalone application? If for no other reason than I don't need one more icon on my first page!
    It might be possible by hacking the Google app and replacing the original, but I'm not getting into that.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    cool
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast