Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 118
  1.    #1  
    Here's a simple paint application that I was messing around with. Right now you can only change the color and thickness of the brush and not a whole lot else. I'd like to implement being able to save or load a picture and other ideas I have. Let me know what you think. Thanks!

    It's an unsigned ipk so use the SDK method to install. I hope to get a chance to play around with signing it so it can be installed using the email method.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Snailslug; 07/01/2009 at 07:59 AM.
  2. #2  
    does this require rooting?
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Warblad13 View Post
    does they require rooting?
    No it doesn't! Works great on the emulator, installing to Pre now.
  4. #4  
    Looks good on Pre too! It's pretty great for a start, looking forward to improvements!

    Any chance you'd like to share the source code? I'm just interested in how you did some of that.

    And for saving it, I just had an idea. Could you integrate the keyboard screencapture method into the app or something like that? Or where it does one on exit or something (if possible). At least gives people a way to save their work. And maybe then you just load that screenshot back, and they can draw on top of it to add to it. Just thinking out loud..
  5. #5  
    This way we can black oit important info from screen caps that we want to post without ever having ro need a pc. (via photobucket)
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPre View Post
    This way we can black oit important info from screen caps that we want to post without ever having ro need a pc. (via photobucket)
    Oh yeah, that's a good idea.. just having the ability to draw on photos and other images in general.

    +1 for helping figure out saving and loading of images.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Snailslug View Post
    Here's a simple paint application that I was messing around with. Right now you can only change the color and thickness of the brush and not a whole lot else. I'd like to implement being able to save or load a picture and other ideas I have. Let me know what you think. Thanks!

    It's an unsigned ipk so use the SDK method to install.
    Does this work with multitouch? Can I draw two lines at once?
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by mdmogren View Post
    Does this work with multitouch? Can I draw two lines at once?
    Doesn't appear so. And it's tricky enough drawing with your finger (as opposed to a stylus), but it actually does a pretty good job and I'm able to draw basic shapes and stuff.
  9. #9  
    Maybe I'm missing something. Why would you want to draw two lines @ once?
  10. #10  
    its not working i don't know why
    i don't know know to use the SDK method does the email method work i still have 1.03
  11. Hook_em's Avatar
    Posts
    123 Posts
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    #11  
    Great App! Simple, intuitive, and could be potentially a lot of fun...I personally have not installed it on my Pre...however, I have an interesting idea:

    Wouldn't it be neat if somewhere down the line this app supported messaging? It would be pretty fun to send your fellow 'Pre-dophiles' pictures you painted/images edited with paint and vice versa (in conversation style, of course).

    Great job
  12. #12  
    Hi! Great app.

    I think it would be cool if you could load a picture and draw on it. This would be handy for circling areas of interest in photos, or drawing arrows.
  13. as4life's Avatar
    Posts
    577 Posts
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Warblad13 View Post
    its not working i don't know why
    i don't know know to use the SDK method does the email method work i still have 1.03
    Make sure your phone is on in developer mode. Connect phone with computer via usb and put it on "Just Charge". Next step I found in another thread. Than on the computer
    simply go to the folder where the package file (.ipk) is, and then all you have to type is "palm-install -d usb [package.file.ipk]" to install to your (already connected) Pre or "palm-install -d tcp [package.file.ipk]" to install to the (already running) emulator.

    If you're unsure of any command, just do "palm-install" and it gives you some basic help. Same with "palm-package" and whatnot (for those packaging their own apps).

    But anyway, so this way you can choose which device (emulator or connected Pre) to install it to.
  14. #14  
    Ok. Now that's some serious app programing, right? I was just saying on another tread that he should make a translator messaging app.... But a paint/multipaint messenger would be cool. How would the other side see it? They would either be attached pics through sms (some phones use sprint pic mail). So.. Pre only "paintSMS" with that cool feature palm is known for. (short hand figer typing... W/ macro's too)
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by as4life View Post
    Make sure your phone is on in developer mode. Connect phone with computer via usb and put it on "Just Charge". Next step I found in another thread. Than on the computer
    simply go to the folder where the package file (.ipk) is, and then all you have to type is "palm-install -d usb [package.file.ipk]" to install to your (already connected) Pre or "palm-install -d tcp [package.file.ipk]" to install to the (already running) emulator.

    If you're unsure of any command, just do "palm-install" and it gives you some basic help. Same with "palm-package" and whatnot (for those packaging their own apps).

    But anyway, so this way you can choose which device (emulator or connected Pre) to install it to.
    I believe you're quoting me from another post. Just to clarify for Warblad13, on the computer open command prompt and navigate to the folder where the file is. THEN you use the above commands "palm-install ..." to install the app.

    If that's too much for you, then yes I believe the email method does still work (since you're still on 1.0.3). Just send yourself an email that links to that file, and that should work!
  16. Drybonz's Avatar
    Posts
    38 Posts
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Snailslug View Post
    Here's a simple paint application that I was messing around with.
    Is this the same Snailslug of TouchResponse fame?

    Good job on the paint app.
  17. as4life's Avatar
    Posts
    577 Posts
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnLBurger View Post
    I believe you're quoting me from another post. Just to clarify for Warblad13, on the computer open command prompt and navigate to the folder where the file is. THEN you use the above commands "palm-install ..." to install the app.

    If that's too much for you, then yes I believe the email method does still work (since you're still on 1.0.3). Just send yourself an email that links to that file, and that should work!
    LOL i wasn't sure where i got it from (I've been copying and pasting things i learned from these forums in Word for reference) Also i'm running 1.0.3 and sending this app to urself via email didn't work.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by as4life View Post
    LOL i wasn't sure where i got it from (I've been copying and pasting things i learned from these forums in Word for reference) Also i'm running 1.0.3 and sending this app to urself via email didn't work.
    whew i thought i was the only one
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by as4life View Post
    I've been copying and pasting things i learned from these forums in Word for reference
    Good idea, I hope they collaborate a sticky with all the instructions!

    Quote Originally Posted by as4life View Post
    Also i'm running 1.0.3 and sending this app to urself via email didn't work.
    Really? Weird. Well I've got 1.0.4 and do it the SDK way so that's only way I know that works (non-rooting) for now.
  20. Nugget's Avatar
    Posts
    43 Posts
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnLBurger View Post
    Well I've got 1.0.4 and do it the SDK way so that's only way I know that works (non-rooting) for now.
    where can I get a copy of the SDK? Also, does it require much programming knowledge to use or is it simple enough that anyone can use it for homebrew apps?
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions