Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronB1979 View Post
    Whats up guys.
    Hopefully someone can help me out here.
    I folllowed the guide for using the SDK installer.
    The only deal is when I plug my phone into my PC it wont install.
    I get an error stating that the driver Linux Novacom is missing.
    I am using Windows 7 64bit.
    I found this download, Linux nerds rejoice: Linux Novacom*leaked - all things Pre - PreThinking
    But have no idea where to put it or what to do with the file.
    Any suggestions here.

Thanks All.
    There are specific Windows 7 Novacom instructions on the Pre Dev Wiki. I used that and everything works fine on my Windows 7 x64 machine. You just go to the section that talks about rooting your phone using novaproxy, then at the top there is windows 7 instructions that will help you get the driver installed.
    Thanks for that.
    I found this page pre dev wiki: Novacom with Windows 7
    However, after I type in msiexec.exe /a "{copied_path}\NovacomInstaller_x64.msi" /qb TARGETDIR="{copied_path}\NovacomInstaller_x64" into the run command what exactly do I do.
    Those instructions are impossible to understand.
    I have the download extracted and copied the location of the resources file.
    Ran that above command in the run box, and then get a .exe file to show.
    Now what. I am lost here.
    ^^^^ agree wheres the sdk??
    emailing to myself didnt work
    but hitting the email attachment link did

wheres the sdk? my phone is about to force me to install the next update!!!!!
    Lets get this repackaged, so I can install it by email. : - )
    aparigraba, learn the other way... sprint's going to force an updateon you this week anyway.
    the sdk is under the webOS development thread as well as the process to install using the SDK, and dont worry you dont have to root your phone to do it...
    I still haven't done the update, so I can still do them by email, which is easier. When I update I will do it the other way.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnLBurger View Post
    Any chance you'd like to share the source code? I'm just interested in how you did some of that.
    If you want the source, just extract it from the ipk with 7zip, that is how i got the source of roars Translator app, just to figure out how it works and Implement that knowledge to my own app, so far, No Success
    O.k......can someone seriously give me some much needed guidance.
    My pre is on 1.0.4 now.
    I got my phone installed on Windows 7.
    I have downloaded and insalled the SDK.
    When I drag and drop the .ipk file onto the palm-install.bat file, I get a cmd box that pops up for a half a second and dissapears.
    No app is installed.
    What in gods name am I doing wrong.
    Oh, and my phone is in Dev mode, and in charge mode.

Thanks all.
    In six easy steps! Posted first by sir_mycroft

This is what I have learned so far (from this site and others). Corrections are welcomed and appreciated.

1. Download the Mojo SDK to your PC by going here: http://preinsiders.com/home/2009/06/...ed-to-the-web/ ( make sure you restart you pc to finish install )

2. Set your Pre to developer mode by typing the following in Universal Search: upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart. Follow the prompts.

3. Hook your Pre to your PC in “Just Charge” mode. Files will (automatically?) install.

4. Restart your Pre.

5. Download the desired app to your PC from the Homebrew App thread here: http://forums.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/

6. Drag the .ipk file for the Homebrew App onto Program Files>Palm>SDK>bin>palm-install.bat on the PC (a cmd prompt will pop up and after this you should see the app icon in your programs on the Pre).

7. Profit!

Thank sir_mycroft for his help
    In six easy steps! Posted first by sir_mycroft

This is what I have learned so far (from this site and others). Corrections are welcomed and appreciated.

1. Download the Mojo SDK to your PC by going here: http://preinsiders.com/home/2009/06/...ed-to-the-web/ ( make sure you restart you pc to finish install )

2. Set your Pre to developer mode by typing the following in Universal Search: upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart. Follow the prompts.

3. Hook your Pre to your PC in “Just Charge” mode. Files will (automatically?) install.

4. Restart your Pre.

5. Download the desired app to your PC from the Homebrew App thread here: http://forums.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/

6. Drag the .ipk file for the Homebrew App onto Program Files>Palm>SDK>bin>palm-install.bat on the PC (a cmd prompt will pop up and after this you should see the app icon in your programs on the Pre).

7. Profit!

Thank sir_mycroft for his help
    I did all that, and still nothing.
    Do I have to have the emulator running?
    If so, I cant get that to even run.
    did you restart your pc ? I do not have the emulator when i move apps over to my phone.
    change step six to the following:

1) click the start menu
    2) go to programs/accessories
    3) right click Command and choose "run as administrator" -- answer yes to the questions.
    4) in the black box, type

cd "\program files\palm\sdk\bin"

note the path to your ipk file, ... let's pretend it's in c:\downloads....

type

palm-install -d usb c:\downloads\myIpksName.ipk

and it should do that.

If not, note the error message and come back.
    Quote Originally Posted by rboatright View Post

type

and it should do that.

I had to do all my installs like this. Not sure why, but this works, i'm happy.
    change step six to the following:

1) click the start menu
    2) go to programs/accessories
    3) right click Command and choose "run as administrator" -- answer yes to the questions.
    4) in the black box, type

cd "\program files\palm\sdk\bin"

note the path to your ipk file, ... let's pretend it's in c:\downloads....

type

and it should do that.

O.k.........When I do this method, this is the message I get in the cmd box.

\share\jars\%j> was unexpected at this time

Still no app on my pre.
    Well thats a head scratcher. : ) If I were you I would do the ol try'd and true !! Delete everything and start over. Maybe something went wrong the first time and you didnt notice. I hope you figure it out !!
    wow, that's odd. ok. bring up the emulator... and then do

palm-install -d tcp c:\downloads\myIpkName.ipk

and see what happens. If you can't install to the emulator either, then yes, uninstall and reinstall the sdk
    Well thats a head scratcher. : ) If I were you I would do the ol try'd and true !! Delete everything and start over. Maybe something went wrong the first time and you didnt notice. I hope you figure it out !!
    O.k, So I reinstalled everything, and still get the same error.
    This time however I am able to atleast run the palm emulator, by clicking on the palm-emaulator.bat file

I tried all install methods. The drag and drop, palm-install -d tcp c:\downloads\myIpkName.ipk and palm-install -d usb c:\downloads\myIpksName.ipk I still get the error message that says \share\jars\%j> was unexpected at this time.

I am lost here guys.
    Any more suggestions.

Thanks for your help.
    Th
    Are you running 64-bit?
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast