Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    The 2nd post on the 2nd page of the thread titled "NOTICE: 1.04 breaks the email install method" in this section is a great post by sir_mycroft on how to do the SDK install. I followed it to the letter and it worked like a charm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nugget View Post
    where can I get a copy of the SDK? Also, does it require much programming knowledge to use or is it simple enough that anyone can use it for homebrew apps?
    Here you go: http://bit.ly/SDKinstall

That should do it. Any other questions/problems just ask!
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    awesome, thank you both
    You can also use ipkg-opt install <file name>.ipkg on the Pre directly.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    You can also use ipkg-opt install <file name>.ipkg on the Pre directly.
    That's with rooting, correct?
    Yep.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    Yep.
    Cool thanks.. dang, it's getting so more tempting to root my PrPrPr&#$275$; $every$ $day$.. $but$ $Dev$ $Mode$ &$amp$; $SDK$ $are$ $working$ $fine$ $for$ $me$ $so$ $I$'$m$ $gonna$ $hold$ $off$.
    Will a signed ipk be available soon? Hope so, looks like a great app.
    Have .03. Email link doesn't install. :-(
    email install is not working 1.0.3!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Warblad13 View Post
    whew i thought i was the only one
    yeah emailing is not working for me either and i have 1.0.3
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by Drybonz View Post
    Is this the same Snailslug of TouchResponse fame?

Good job on the paint app.
    Yeah that's me I switched to a Pre.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    The reason the email doesn't work is because it is unsigned. He mentioned it in the first post that it was unsigned, and hoped to get a signed version for email install. Of course the email install will only work for those that have not gone to 1.0.4 yet. Which will be fewer and fewer over the next week or 2.
    Yeah, another one here hoping to do the email install on 1.0.3. I'm grabbing all the apps I can before my "hole gets plugged". So hurrrryyyyy!
    Thank you SO much for this app. This is what I was worried about with webOS's web tech tools.

To add to your list of TO DOs: Zooming and separate, more natural controls for color and thickness selection.

One idea: if you are able to incorporate an in-app capture method, see if you can hide the controls first so they aren't included.

One thing I noticed, at the bottom edge the page fades to white, which I think is webOS's way of indicating there is more content beyond the bottom, which, of course, there isn't.

Again, thanx a thousand million!
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    great app but there is a bug if i change the color and draw something and then i clear the screen it returns to black not the color i selected.
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    If the email method is not working with 1.0.3, it's because the package was not signed.
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    Does this work with photo's that have been taken like you can on the treo's?
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    What are you going to name it? Pre Paint, Pre Coloring, Color Shop, Pre Shop, Paint WebOS, Paint Shop WebOS?
    Quote Originally Posted by cashen View Post
    What are you going to name it? Pre Paint, Pre Coloring, Color Shop, Pre Shop, Paint WebOS, Paint Shop WebOS?
    Pre and webOS are trademarked and Palm already has a history of nixing those kinds of names.

There likely will be some wiggle room with 'Pre' if the dev can make the case that it's 'actually' just a preposition.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast