Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    What's a phone without a daily dilbert comic on it? Worthless. So here are two (very) little apps, one for the daily dilbert and one for your daily dose of garfield intellect. They both let you view past comics (last week for Dilbert, and last 30 years or so for garfield) and share the comic with a buddy (via email). Have fun with that

installation instructions for your various webOS versions, see other threads

update: please consider using the new Comics app, which contains various web comics inside a single application: http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...-v0-2-nrr.html
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by roar; 07/18/2009 at 02:48 PM.
    Nice! Tested on the emulator and will put on the Pre right away! One thing I noticed: on Sunday's the Garfield one is different dimensions, and you need to be able to scroll down to view it all, or zoom out or something.

Besides that, great app! And does what it says! Thanks!
    Great app, I love Dilbert, had to get this one on before 1.0.4 which says it will install when i charge my phone next
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jsblair17 View Post
    Great app, I love Dilbert, had to get this one on before 1.0.4 which says it will install when i charge my phone next
    Hahaha, My pre exclaimed the same thing. I'm not against this security fix, but I thought we were gonna have a week. I'm scoopin up this app....right after I press submit reply.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wahedi View Post
    Hahaha, My pre exclaimed the same thing. I'm not against this security fix, but I thought we were gonna have a week. I'm scoopin up this app....right after I press submit reply.
    mine has said that several times, what it should say is, "Ill ask you again next time you cahrge if you want to install.
    thanks, cant wait to get this one. My PRE has been saying it will update at next charge for about 24 hours now. I was actually scared it would autoupdate overnite, but I'm still rocking 1.0.3 and about to get the garfield app!
    love Garfield and Dilbert thanks
    Every product needs the gotta-have-it-app to take off.

This is the breakout app for the Pre!

Love it!

-Craig
    My wife wants to know if you can make an app for the comic strip Pickles?
    i tried to install it on my pre using the email attchment link and nothing happened? help?
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I have't read dilbert in years, forgot how fun it was.
    Great job, just under the wire (1.0.4)
    thanks roar

you are an application machine lol three out already
    So for us 1.04 people what can we do now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo View Post
    So for us 1.04 people what can we do now?
    Right now, there's an easy way to install these applications (non-rooting) that only requires the downloading of the SDK (and possibly 1 or 2 other (free) apps it needs to run).

See this thread, starting around post 22, for instructions.

It's pretty simple and doesn't require too much tech know-how. Hope that helps!
    Thanks! Got this in before the 1.04 update
    Nice App. One bug of note. Check out a Sunday Garfield. These are three row and there is no way to read the bottom.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Thanks for contributing!
    Place witty signature here:
    Horizontal mode for these would be killer.
    I wonder if this will work with online comics like Schlock Mercenary or Sinfest? That would be great.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    I'm loving this one.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast