Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21
  1. mapara's Avatar
    Posts
    250 Posts
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
       #1  
    If you're still on 1.0.3, here's my Jokes 1.0 app.

    There's no "next" button, you have to close the app and run it again if you want to see another joke. But hey, it's called "Joke of the day" for a reason!

    I'm working on better version ATM.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
  2. #2  
    installed on emulator. runs well. good job, awesomely horrible jokes. :P
  3. #3  
    Haha very nice! Just installed on emulator, will try it on the Pre in a minute. Looks good for a 1.0. Suggestions? Aside from "Next Joke", perhaps a button or something for the punchline (like in the Palm UIWidgets app, the "Error Dialog" button if you can put the punchline in the text there. Or, that may be stupid. I don't know. Just thinking of stuff. But great start! How many jokes are there (if you're willing to say)?
  4. bruba's Avatar
    Posts
    743 Posts
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    #4  
    Haha, yeah, you should make it go to the background and let the Pre make lame jokes in the notification dashboard all day.

    Anyway, did you just ask the precentral guys to give you xs over here via the contact form? I'm still waiting to post my app. Tick, tock, tick, tock......
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by bruba View Post
    Haha, yeah, you should make it go to the background and let the Pre make lame jokes in the notification dashboard all day.
    +1 for figuring out jokes via notifications!
  6. mapara's Avatar
    Posts
    250 Posts
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
       #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnLBurger View Post
    How many jokes are there (if you're willing to say)?
    Around 60.
  7. #7  
    Hmmm, gota say that the first two jokes that came up for me were racist jokes about Mexicans. Interesting idea for a homebrew application, bad choice of content for the application.
  8. #8  
    I opened up the app and it greets me with "The iPhone is so much better than the Palm Pre." I almost spit coke all over my keyboard.
  9. #9  
    thanks
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by xcomputerman View Post
    I opened up the app and it greets me with "The iPhone is so much better than the Palm Pre." I almost spit coke all over my keyboard.


    What a GREAT joke! Funny cuz its true!
    SCK Manager
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by thedarkharlequin View Post
    installed on emulator. runs well. good job, awesomely horrible jokes. :P
    For some reason, I can't open the Palm Emulator, although I'm able to use the add apps after i've been updated (1.0.4). Why is that?
  12. atlanta's Avatar
    Posts
    324 Posts
    Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    #12  
    Try Separating the Joke from the answer....
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by plury View Post
    Hmmm, gota say that the first two jokes that came up for me were racist jokes about Mexicans. Interesting idea for a homebrew application, bad choice of content for the application.
    Hmm. And all I get are chuck norris facts...
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by thetawho View Post
    Hmm. And all I get are chuck norris facts...
    Q: How many push ups can Chuck Norris do?
    A: Chuck Norris doesn't do push ups. When he pushes, the world moves down.

    OOOH YA!
  15. #15  
    How about a Word Of The Day app? That would be nice.
  16. atlanta's Avatar
    Posts
    324 Posts
    Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by groovdafied View Post
    How about a Word Of The Day app? That would be nice.
    Hey good idea, i have been sitting here for the past few days thinking about something to make, and you have inspired me, even more that i use a site for the word of the day trying to expand my vocab.
  17. phillipah's Avatar
    Posts
    95 Posts
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    #17  
    pretty funny stuff... i wsh it had a refresh button but over all very cool.
  18. snafu168's Avatar
    Posts
    29 Posts
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    #18  
    Not bad. Thanks.
  19. jtiis's Avatar
    Posts
    104 Posts
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    #19  
    I've not installed the app yet. Can the user add their own jokes?
  20. #20  
    There are some good jokes in there. I can't help but ask about your profile pic. What app is that from ? Thanks!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions