Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes
    worked for me thanks brother for the translator 2 thumbs up on application!
    Quote Originally Posted by roar
    ps: u-mass is actually because of the pixies song by the same name
    Excellent app and excellent musical taste!
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Epic 4G -> TouchPad
    this is a very handy app. i actually used it last nite @ work and it helped much

Thanks!
    Excellent app! Thanx!
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mthom99556 View Post
    I wished I would have installed this app before the 1.0.4 update. The recent update definitely appears to have worked. Is there another way to install this app?
    Yes!, you just need a batch file that came with the SDK, install the SDK and then just drag the package into the batch file (look on the preceding messages and you will see a description)
    Quote Originally Posted by cirrusking View Post
    Ok. For those of you who are getting repeated clean cards, we cliked on the wrong "email attachment link" the one by "ping". We want the one below that, next to the "ipk" per the instructions. Duhhh Works great. Thanks.
    Thanks - now, it works!
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo View Post
    Works really good, but I just translated the following:

English: I love you
    to
    French: je t'aime

There seems to be a convertion error for ' and it is giving ' instead. Could you fix that before I install 1.04?

Thanks,

Al

Hello, this may seem like a silly question, but how are you guys taking pictures of your Pre Screen and putting them on-line?
    Quote Originally Posted by Machiavellian View Post
    Hello, this may seem like a silly question, but how are you guys taking pictures of your Pre Screen and putting them on-line?
    Press Option (Orange) + Shift + P. It puts it in a folder called screenshots or something on your Pre. Then just connect in USB mode and you can transfer it.
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Aww mehn, for those on 1.04 what can we do?
    Quote Originally Posted by Machiavellian View Post
    This and 199 other Tips and Tricks are in the link below. This forum is amazing as many are not documented anywhere else.

- Craig
    looks like a really useful app, wish I didn't install 1.04 so quickly
    Roar,

We seem to be getting down to the wire for 1.04 but many will still be able to use SDK or rooting. So please keep it coming!

Is there a chance for this...
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinde View Post
    Roar,

Wonderful app. We are finding though that on the second or third time you ask it to translate a phrase, the wheel just spins and spins showing it is working but it never comes back. You have to exit the app and start it again and then there is no problem.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Also, since we are down to the final hours, is there any way you could have a CLEAR button? That way the source and destinations could be cleared at one time to let you do your next one.

Finally, could you have a COPY button to allow the export text to be copied easily? That way you can just switch to email, IM, or whatever and paste the text.

Would anyone else like these features?

Again thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnLBurger View Post
    Press Option (Orange) + Shift + P. It puts it in a folder called screenshots or something on your Pre. Then just connect in USB mode and you can transfer it.
    Or go into the photos and either search for or scroll down to the "screencaptures" folder and upload them to photobucket (creating an account if need be).
    Man awesome program thanks..............
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    there's no reason to not download the sdk. i have an old crappy toshiba laptop and the sdk ran smoothly right away, all i had to do was download virtualbox 2.2.2 and away i went.

it's worth it for the homebrew download capability
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by roar View Post
    @YafaKlan: The Pre's default font apparantly cannot display arabic or hebrew characters. I shall remove the languages with non supported characters from the list in the next update.
    @Drybonz: instead of dragging and dropping the ipk onto the palm-install, try invoking palm-install from the command line, you might at least get a useful error message.
    So, do u think that its possible to get some semitic in the pre?

All my i-friends do is talk about how they have all these different languaged keyboard on their i-phones. I'd like to one-up them with a translator/keyboard in the right to left languages.

Thanks for the nice homebrew. its helping me get along with all of my non english speaking workers (spanish and french)
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    My wife and I each have a Pre. I have 1.03 with the translator app installed, she has 1.04 without the app. While sitting in a Chinese restaurant I translated the phrase "Are you enjoing your dinner?" into Chinese and then text'd it to her. On my end the Chinese characters looked great. However, when she received the text all you could see was one long underline.

Any idea what the issue could be?
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
    You know. Playing with this program gave me an idea for a language tranlator messenger program. you are part way there. We would be able to chat with foreigners when the Pre becomes available worldwide.

What do you think?
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rlopin View Post
    Tip: Getting translated text to an email instead of a text message:

1. After translating, click the airplane icon to send the translated text to a new text message
    2. Hold down the shift key with one finger while you swipe across the screen with your other hand's finger to highlight the translated text
    3. Touch and hold the gesture area with one finger (the center button will light up) and then hit 'c' with the other hand's finger (this will copy the translated text to the clipboard)
    4. Launch email, click the button to compose an email and click in the body of the newly created email
    5. Touch and hold the gesture area with one finger (the center button will light up)
    then hit 'v' with the other hand's finger (this will paste the translated text from the clipboard)
    rlopin, your method (above) is great and with slightest variation also allows copy --> paste to applications other than the email by substituting (launching) an app of choice in your step 4 above.

Unfortunately copy (text) is not supported in the "[Translate] TO" field of Translator can be emulated. Copy would be nice to have, but actually not a huge deal esp. with this work-around.

SIDE-NOTE for ROAR (Translator app developer): it would be great if the "[Translate] TO" field supported the edit/copy function. Fantastic app nonetheless.
    Last edited by liv2surf; 07/01/2009 at 10:49 AM.
  20.    #180  
    Thanks for the responses, I'll consider your very good suggestions in the next update, stay tuned!
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast