Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes
    link still dont work, or maybe is my phone
    Quote Originally Posted by roar View Post
    new version is available from the first post (or from: Translator for Palm Pre )
    Seems to work fine for the first occurrence, but it doesn't work for the next ones. For example:

English: This is love I give you
    to
    French: (works fine on the first part, but it fails on the second part)

Any ideas? Maybe you need to parse the whole string instead of the first occurrence.

Thanks,

Al
    Can someone send me the link please. Dennyslk@gmail.com. Thank you. I'm still running 1.0.3.
    Sweetness. Thank you for this app!
  5.    #125  
    damn, I'm sorry for not testing this thouroughly. I've updated the app (see 1st post), but kept the version number though.
    wonderful app
    What's new in the update? (Translator 1.0.1)

so if we are still running webos 1.0.3 we just take off old version and update with new. but what if we put app on then update to webos 1.0.4, how are we supposed to update the homebrew app?
    unfortunately you won't be able to update this app after you install the 1.0.4 update
    Damn it lol. Well im getting my Pre replaced so i will download all these apps before updating
  10.    #130  
    Quote Originally Posted by RanGT View Post
    What's new in the update? (Translator 1.0.1)
    nothing much, the apostrophe bugfix, menu items are removed and the switch button also switches the texts in the textfields
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by roar View Post
    nothing much, the apostrophe bugfix, menu items are removed and the switch button also switches the texts in the textfields
    This would actually be a useful app for me. Looking forward to trying it out.

I have, unfortunately, fallen victim to the 1.04 patch, so I will have to sideload. I have not yet looked into rooting my device, but I guess tonight is going to have to be the night.

Will this app work with the sideloading method once the device is rooted?
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    thanks. But, unfornately it’s not working for me. I have tried the email “ipk” link (Thanks as4life). When I click on it the link will highlight then I wait for it to turns off, but it doesn't appear on my launcher. I also tried saving the "ipk" app on my desktop and attaching it to a email and sending it to my palm pre and when I run the process it doesn't appear on my launcher. I have also turn off my phone completely off and tried it again, with no luck. Please help I really need this application.
    Great app . Thanks for putting time into it.
    Okay. verified. I installed this after the 1.0.4 update using the SDK. works just fine, no rooting.

I really don't understand what everyones problem is with this install method. Download the sdk and install it.(I'm on vista x32 and it just installed clean without any problems.)
    Download the ipk of the app.
    type in the konami code
    restart phone
    drag file onto bin/palm-install.bat

you're installing homebrew apps outside palm/sprint's realm of influence. It's gonna take a little bit of effort rather than an approved commercial app. At least you don't have to void your warranty like the iphone just to install what you want.
    Dude, that was kick @$$...
    Quote Originally Posted by thedarkharlequin View Post
    Okay. verified. I installed this after the 1.0.4 update using the SDK. works just fine, no rooting.

I really don't understand what everyones problem is with this install method. Download the sdk and install it.(I'm on vista x32 and it just installed clean without any problems.)
    type in the konami code
    restart phone

you're installing homebrew apps outside palm/sprint's realm of influence. It's gonna take a little bit of effort rather than an approved commercial app. At least you don't have to void your warranty like the iphone just to install what you want.
    I second that. These are not Jailbroken phones, we are not doing anything that will void a thing. Just remember that folks!
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thedarkharlequin View Post

type in the konami code
    restart phone

Just to make sure I'm understanding... you put the device in dev mode with the konami code, then plug it into the PC via USB, then on the PC drag the ipk onto Palm>SDK>bin>palm-install.bat?

Then we need to take the device back out of dev mode? What's the procedure for that?

Sorry for the base questions, I'm just starting to explore this.

Thanks.

*edit* Do you want to have the emulator running while you drag the ipk over?

*edit* Answering my own questions as I go... looks like the procedure to leave dev mode is the same, just switch to off and reboot?

*edit* Dragging the traslator ipk onto the palm-install.bat file just pops open and closes a cmd prompt. Nothing seems to happen on the device. What am I not doing right?
    Last edited by Drybonz; 06/29/2009 at 07:52 PM.
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Great App!

Just found a couple of bugs:

- English to Hindi does not work. I typed 'Please', hit translate, and a blank text field came back
    - English to Hebrew does not work. I typed 'Please', hit translate, and five square box characters came back
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaime7073 View Post
    thanks. But, unfornately it’s not working for me. I have tried the email “ipk” link (thanks as4life). When i click on it the link will highlight then i wait for it to turns off, but it doesn't appear on my launcher. I also tried saving the "ipk" app on my desktop and attaching it to a email and sending it to my palm pre and when i run the process it doesn't appear on my launcher. I have also turn off my phone completely off and tried it again, with no luck. Please help i really need this application.
    i got it to work.... 3rd time is a charm !!!!
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Tip: Getting translated text to an email instead of a text message:

1. After translating, click the airplane icon to send the translated text to a new text message
    2. Hold down the shift key with one finger while you swipe across the screen with your other hand's finger to highlight the translated text
    3. Touch and hold the gesture area with one finger (the center button will light up) and then hit 'c' with the other hand's finger (this will copy the translated text to the clipboard)
    4. Launch email, click the button to compose an email and click in the body of the newly created email
    5. Touch and hold the gesture area with one finger (the center button will light up)
    then hit 'v' with the other hand's finger (this will paste the translated text from the clipboard)
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast