Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617
Like Tree16Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by KURT B View Post
    The playback of the pronunciation seems not to work, or the volume is so low I cannot hear it.
    I did have my TP vol up all the way.
    It uses the media (not system) sound-volume (I usually use touchvol's notification-control to set it).

It also might take a little while before it's loaded/played. This depends on the length of the sentence (although the event-listener that I needed to add to check when the soundbite has finished didn't help either).

But...I'm glad to hear that the text is converted correctly, because that means the token works (and the same token is used for translation as well as TTS).
    That was it, went into music and cranked the volume up. Sure enough, I can hear it loud and clear.
    I will try longer phrases to translate to see how it responds.
    Thank you,
    Kurt.
    Yes, that is a Britten super bike.
    I may be wrong but it's possible that there's an HD version ( for tablet ) and a not hd version ( for phones ) ?
    ( this in relation of the comments about the pre3 )
    On Touchpad everything is OK except Just Type functionality, Translator HD launch a blank screen.
    Forgot to put some feedback, yesterday.

Seems there are issues with unicode translations. Example
    English to Japanese : only the first word is translated, but different writings are displayed in the box under, for each word in the phrase.
    Changed to Korean : more words are translated, but not the whole sentence ( but different writings are etc )

Practical example

"Can you speak Japanese?" results in a proper translation in italian / french / indonesian ( I guess ).. anyway languages using the ansi set.

if the target is changed to japense, the To field shows anatawa , aka you, while each word is offered in the Dictionary area under

Same goes for Korean , lithuanian, etc
    Quote Originally Posted by gazaud View Post
    On Touchpad everything is OK except Just Type functionality, Translator HD launch a blank screen.
    Ah, I didn't know there was a Just-type connector. I've verified the bug and will look into it. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    Seems there are issues with unicode translations. Example
    English to Japanese : only the first word is translated, but different writings are displayed in the box under, for each word in the phrase.
    Changed to Korean : more words are translated, but not the whole sentence ( but different writings are etc )

Practical example

"Can you speak Japanese?" results in a proper translation in italian / french / indonesian ( I guess ).. anyway languages using the ansi set.

if the target is changed to japense, the To field shows anatawa , aka you, while each word is offered in the Dictionary area under
    I will have to look into this a bit more. I've verified some strange behavior with your example sentence. The strange part is, that it seems to depend on the sentence: 'can you speak Japanese?' fails while 'do you speak Japanese?' doesn't. And my big standard test text-block also seems to work, but adds a strange 'null' at the end.

I did find that it's not merely an ANSI problem though, as it turns out Latvian shows the same problem as Japanese.

So yeah...I've got some debugging to do
    you can count on me when it's about finding bugs... I've always been "skilled" :P

Truth to be told, I thought to try

Can you speak , instead of the most common Do you speak , because an online japanese lesson I recently saw pointed at the Can you as being the one really used by a japanese, while the other is merely what a textbook would teach a foreigner to say
    Looks like the HD version is touchpad. I have translator v0.9.11 on my pre and it also fails to work. Anyone have it working on their phone?

Thanks,
    Kurt.
    if the 2 .jsjsjs $files$ $that$ $misj$ $changed$ $are$ $identical$ ( $and$ $the$ $difference$ $btw$ $the$ $2$ $versions$ $is$ $just$ $the$ $screen$ $management$ ), $is$ $an$ $easy$ $fix$. $Do$ $you$ $have$ $a$ $link$ $to$ $the$ $ipk$ ?
    I can send you the IPK, shoot me a PM of your email address.

Kurt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Misj' View Post
    So yeah...I've got some debugging to do
    I finally had time to do some bug-fixing (it turns out the bugs were small, so that's a good thing).

A new version can be downloaded here: http://www.banneret.nl/webos/apps/co...1.1.1b_all.ipk. I've kept the same version number (1.1.1) but the file is called 1.1.1b for clarity.

Bugfixes:
    • fixed Just Type
    • fixed partial translation for certain sentences (in certain languages)
    • fixed the odd 'null' that Google sometimes returned as part of the translation

If you find any more bugs, just post them here and I'll try to look into it.
    Translator HD on Touchpad seems to be broken again ?
    Translator HD on Touchpad seems to be broken again ?
    It was in the news this week that Google "enhanced" the translation for various languages, I wouldn't be surprised if it's related.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    gazaud likes this.
    I think you're correct. It seems that Google's data-format has drastically changed. Good news is: the call still works, so - while I need to do some tinkering - it should be possible to fix it (again) - although I don't know whether all features are kept intact on Google's side.

Hopefully I'll have some spare time later this week.
    cbosdell likes this.
    I've created a new version (1.1.2) for testing: You can download it here. I've done some quick tests, and translation, synonyms, and text-to-speech all appear to work.

I didn't add any new features. The 'free' API isn't well described; which makes sense, since Google doesn't really want us to use it, and a clear definition of all input variables is lacking). Also, such changes might be too big a project to add to the current app (including the need to use the public API for Google's cloud translator; which requires keys etc...and I didn't check whether it's free for (limited) use (per key, ip, device?).

Anyway, version 1.1.2 is ready for testing, so if you find any bugs, post them here and I'll look into them.
    gazaud and Preemptive like this.
    Sorry for not checking the whole thread, but is anyone patching the phone version? HD version just shows empty History panel on load with Pre2 @ meta 2.2.4...
    could you test this version: <download (1.1.3)>. It'll still have a sub-optimal layout for phones, and I can't test it myself on an actual device, but I expect it to work (it will also still work on the touchpad)...although I'm not sure of the text-to-speech..
    Hey it WORKS - Awesome! I haven't been running this in a couple of years a very nice present for my FrankenPre2 - Thank you!!!
    Misj' likes this.
    Thanks a lot Misj' for the fixes, very appreciated.
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617