Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    How much does this "official" version cost? Is it a trial version?
  2.    #302  
    Quote Originally Posted by cwgtex View Post
    How much does this "official" version cost? Is it a trial version?
    The app is free, will forever be and is fully functional.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Congrats on making the app catalog...
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajamin24 View Post
    Congrats on making the app catalog...
    +1
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Wow, this really helps. It's an online based thing, so I can't use it on the train, but still, it has a good search engine, so I wouldn't be going online to try to look up these words. And the Chinese and Japanese characters rule!!! Man, I got my name from that. Thanks for the great app.
    I am having issues with my friends receiving characters (i.e Japanese Kanji, etc). We both have the translator app but when I send him something, it comes out blank. I tried to message myself as well and it came to me blank. Any ideas on a fix or is this a limitation for now?
    roar,

Check out the new Google Translate features. Would be cool to see some of them in the Translator app.

Google Translate Now Talks and Translates in Real-time
    Mobile photoblog http://post.jauderho.com/
    This appears to be the best place to post.

The Translator HD seems to have stopped working due to some change with the Google translate API.
    Homebrew version: Translator | webOS Nation
    http://forums.webosnation.com/members/176936.html The developer was last seen here this year (2016)
    There's not much to see at u-mass.de or mojojungle.com, but they lead here: Johann Kovacs

A fix may be possible. There is brief discussion here: The Zombie & Dead app list

It's probably best to continue that discussion on this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    The Translator HD seems to have stopped working due to some change with the Google translate API.

It's probably best to continue that discussion on this thread.
    With some tinkering I managed to get an important part of the back working again:
    1. it can translate again
    2. transliterate should be working
    3. you get alternatives
    4. etc.

What isn't working yet is speech, but I didn't have time to explore that yet.

It's not an easy fix, partly because of the need of the token I mentioned (the version on GitHub did not provide the correct token for me, so I had to delve into the installed add-on itself which - oddly enough - had a different way of calculating the token). Furthermore, the response of the API was completely different, so I needed to figure out which parts correspond to which parts (fortunately the Firefox add-on could be used as a basis here as well).

I don't know whether the app originally did this, but I've added synonyms when translating from English to English (I don't think Google supports this for any other language, but I didn't check yet).

Anyway, there's some progress on getting the app running again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Misj' View Post
    With some tinkering I managed to get an important part of the back working again:
    1. it can translate again
    2. transliterate should be working
    3. you get alternatives
    4. etc.

What isn't working yet is speech, but I didn't have time to explore that yet.

It's not an easy fix, partly because of the need of the token I mentioned (the version on GitHub did not provide the correct token for me, so I had to delve into the installed add-on itself which - oddly enough - had a different way of calculating the token). Furthermore, the response of the API was completely different, so I needed to figure out which parts correspond to which parts (fortunately the Firefox add-on could be used as a basis here as well).

I don't know whether the app originally did this, but I've added synonyms when translating from English to English (I don't think Google supports this for any other language, but I didn't check yet).

Anyway, there's some progress on getting the app running again.
    Wow! Sounds awesome!

I didn't even know it did speech...
    The first step of fixing the speech-implementation was successful (my touchpad can pronounce a word), so it shouldn't be too difficult to get all functionality back. However, according to the firefox add-on, the new API only accepts sentences up to 13 words. So I have to figure out how to deal with that.

And once I've done that I have to figure out how to turn it into a patch.
    renater likes this.
    you are the "programmer". Thank you!
    you need a donate button.

Kurt.
    Yes, that is a Britten super bike.
    Another minor update: I have everything working now (tested on my Touchpad).

For text-to-speech playback I split long text by sentence (. ? !) and if that exceeds 13 words I split it further (, ; : "). And if we still exceed 13 words I split it (arbitrarily) at the 13th word (I should no an additional test to not have two hanging words, because then it would be better to split it round the middle...but meh). One limitation of the way I did it: if someone presses the big play button while the sentences are spoken it will not start at the beginning, but at the beginning of the current clip (often the beginning of the sentence). I could fix this, but I don't think it's too bothersome. Closing the popup and pressing the text-to-speech button again will start the text from the beginning.

Hopefully I have time later this weekend to work on a patch. Otherwise it'll get somewhere next week (hopefully).
    Preemptive and renater like this.
    Aarg! - I'm having a bit of trouble with creating the .patch-file. I tried multiple methods (UnifiedDiffCreator, WinMerge, WinGnu32 diff), and keep getting hunks FAILED messages on my Touchpad. Using WinGnu32 patch the patch is successful on my windows 10 computer, but that doesn't seem to be quite as indicative as I had hoped...

I have tried several things including forcing the correct end-of-line (both the original files and my modification use the windows version). So if anyone has an idea that could be helpful...that would be much appreciated.
    Having still no idea how to fix my hunk failure (maybe I'm just not considered hunky enough) I decided to go a different route, and ask the original developer permission to repackage and redistribute the app with my fix. He allowed me to do so.

The new version (dubbed 1.1.1) can be found here: http://www.banneret.nl/webos/apps/co..._1.1.1_all.ipk.
    If there are any comments, or things not working as they should be tell me.

Legal comment: some code has been adapted/lifted from the Mozilla Add-on (mentioned earlier). If the rights-holder feels I violated their rights, please contact me, and I'll try to act accordingly.
    cbosdell likes this.
    Thank you! I will be testing over the next few days and report back.

Kurt.
    Excellent work.

Are you going to upload it here? Or you can use that web link to add it to the pivotCE listings...

App Gallery | webOS Nation
    webOS & LuneOS Apps on Preware Catalog
    Last edited by Preemptive; 07/15/2016 at 06:40 PM. Reason: typo
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    Are you going to upload it here? Or you can use that web link to add it to the pivotCE listings...
    I think that's possible (I asked for permission to redistribute, so preware should be an option). But I've only tested it on my touchpad, and don't know how well it works on any of the phones (or LuneOS - as I don't currently have a distribution running of the latter, but that would be easy enough).
    Last edited by Misj'; 06/28/2016 at 03:45 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Misj' View Post
    I think that's possible (I asked for permission to redistribute, so preware should be an option). But I've only tested it on my touchpad, and don't know how well it works on any of the phones (or LuneOS - as I don't currently have a distribution running of the latter, but that would be easy enough).
    Thank a lot Misj'. Translator HD doesn't seems to be functional on the PrPrPr $3$, $there$'$s$ $only$ $the$ $HISTORY$ $pane$, $no$ $way$ $to$ $enter$ $text$ $or$ $process$ $a$ $search$. $I$'$ll$ $test$ $later$ $on$ $TP$.
    Thank again.
    Translator working converting text to selected language, on my touchpad.
    The playback of the pronunciation seems not to work, or the volume is so low I cannot hear it.
    I did have my TP vol up all the way.
    Will do a reboot to see if that helps.

I will also load it on my Pre3 to test it.

Thank you,
    Kurt.