Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by YafaKlan View Post
    Arabic ain't working. Neither is Hebrew. Can we get some semitic love?
    Seems to be the same issue with Hindi.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    I didn't see Translator one until after updating to webOS 1.0.4 so an email install was not an option.

Since it was an .ipk and my phone is rooted, I thought I would give ipkg a try.

Last edited by Obscura; 07/01/2009 at 11:49 PM.
    Obscura
    I tried the link and doesn't work.... I have a stock pre so any help would be appreciated....
    its easy go to the development forum and they have a six step method to getting homebrew apps on a stock pre... it does involve downloading the leaked SDK, but believe me the steps are easy and best of all requires no rooting!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by knightflores View Post
    its easy go to the development forum and they have a six step method to getting homebrew apps on a stock pre... it does involve downloading the leaked SDK, but believe me the steps are easy and best of all requires no rooting!!!!
    i didnt see an applicable link for more information on this on the predev page
    do u have a link to this " 6 steps" ?
    Would someone please explain to a lay person in simple terms how to install the translator app via usb and DEV MODE.
    Last edited by track1tsu; 07/03/2009 at 11:39 AM.
    1. Download the Mojo SDK to your PC by going here: http://preinsiders.com/home/2009/06/...ed-to-the-web/

2. Set your Pre to developer mode by typing the following in Universal Search: upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart. Follow the prompts.

3. Hook your Pre to your PC in “Just Charge” mode. Files will (automatically?) install.

4. Restart your Pre.

5. Download the desired app to your PC from the Homebrew App thread here: http://forums.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/

6. Drag the .ipk file for the Homebrew App onto Program Files>Palm>SDK>bin>palm-install.bat on the PC (a cmd prompt will pop up and after this you should see the app icon in your programs on the Pre).
    Thanks knightflores but it seeems like im still doing something wrong. Im using windows vista. I downloaded the SDK but nothing happens when I go to the folder. It opens the cmd folder for a half sec but no app on the pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by track1tsu View Post
    Thanks knightflores but it seeems like im still doing something wrong. Im using windows vista. I downloaded the SDK but nothing happens when I go to the folder. It opens the cmd folder for a half sec but no app on the pre.
    ok lets start with the basics are u sure you dropped it in the palm install.bat at first i was dropping it onto the wrong .bat file... did you install the sdk or just download it??
    First I want to thank you for helping me. I really need the translator app. Im deleting everything I downloaded today and Im starting from scratch. Now does it matter if my windows vista is 64 bit operating system. One problems is when i went to the link for the mojo SDK link it was not active. I did a search and fouind a file that is 168mb
    deleted everything and now I'm about to reload the program. Program is reinstalled but nothing is happend when I click on the pre icon.
    Last edited by track1tsu; 07/03/2009 at 03:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machiavellian View Post
    Hello, this may seem like a silly question, but how are you guys taking pictures of your Pre Screen and putting them on-line?
    The easiest way to do this is to:
    -Press Orange+Sym+P
    -Go to photos -> Screencaptures
    -Open your picture and from the menu select Upload PhotoBucket
    -Go to photobucket and copy the photo link for message boards
    Quote Originally Posted by track1tsu View Post
    deleted everything and now I'm about to reload the program. Program is reinstalled but nothing is happend when I click on the pre icon.
    You have to also install safari 4 and virtual box 2.2 or newer. Both are free programs just do a google search for them and you will be set... To install the apps you don't even have to open the sdk just do the steps I posted earlier and you will be fine... Any questions feel free to ask
    Hello again knightflores, I have installed all of the software and now when I hook up my pre it says that I am missing the novacom linux driver. I think that if I can find a solution to this then I will be on my way. Hopefully. Thank you again for your help.
    track1 unfortunately i have never encountered your error but i believe your answer lies here, sorry i could not be of more assistance!!! http://preinsiders.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=23
    After using this app for the past few days I am very pleased with it. It is quick, simple and reliable. People who have never used the Pre before can pick it up and start translating without any help.

My only feedback (other then my desire for Arabic, Hindi, Hebrew et al to be functional) is that when you receive a reply to the translated SMS you send out there is no way to import that back into the app to translate it to english.
    Hey Knightflores. I figured out the problem. It was the version of windows (Vista) that I was using that caused me to have those issues with installing the .ipk apps on my pre. I used a friends computer that had XP, followed the six easy steps and it installed with no issues at all. thank you for your help. Vista was the culprit.
    sweet well the important thing is that you got it working... stupid vista i never did like it, i actually reverted back to xp....
    White on black fonts for words/text input PLEASE?
    Yeah Vista sucks!!!! I wonder if there will be any issues with Windows 7. I hope not but it has to be better than Vista. Are there anymore ipk apps out there that are good other than the ones in this forum.
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast