Page 7 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 766
  1. #121  
    Kaerey,

    - When you delete this app after reverting back to defaults is there any 'homebrewed' code left within webos?

    - If so what kind of implications do you think this will have in the future?

    The reason I ask, is that my deceased treo became buggy after installing/deleting apps over time (at least that is what I can only assume).

    So when palm enables these basic features in the future I want to try as hard as possible to avoid any similar issues with my pre.

    In no way shape or form am I doubting your (or other contributors) ability to code nor am I distrusting it, I'm just trying to learn from past mistakes.
  2. #122  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazo View Post
    As I've said many times before, thanks for your continued work on this. I look forward to your future updates and improvements on such a wicked app.

    I'd like to throw a suggestion out... I've noticed a lot of people here are missing the "no notifications at night" feature on many other phones. I, too, am missing this feature; I get woken up several times a night with my PIMP NEW NOTIFICATION SOUND. I didn't know if this was something you could code into the program.

    Again, thanks for your hard work and I'm looking forward to seeing the app progress!
    I would like this option as well. I always turn the system sounds off before bed.
  3. Kaerey's Avatar
    Posts
    539 Posts
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
       #123  
    Quote Originally Posted by MLJones8 View Post
    Kaerey,

    - When you delete this app after reverting back to defaults is there any 'homebrewed' code left within webos?

    - If so what kind of implications do you think this will have in the future?

    The reason I ask, is that my deceased treo became buggy after installing/deleting apps over time (at least that is what I can only assume).

    So when palm enables these basic features in the future I want to try as hard as possible to avoid any similar issues with my pre.

    In no way shape or form am I doubting your (or other contributors) ability to code nor am I distrusting it, I'm just trying to learn from past mistakes.
    As with I believe all downloaded/3rd party apps, the [orange] + tap to delete only removes the ICON from the Launcher. A full delete, I don't know if that will be possible until we get some kind of file browser (there were several for the Treos). You may try the Device Info > Software option to see if that removes the actual files.
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
  4. Kaerey's Avatar
    Posts
    539 Posts
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
       #124  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazo View Post
    As I've said many times before, thanks for your continued work on this. I look forward to your future updates and improvements on such a wicked app.

    I'd like to throw a suggestion out... I've noticed a lot of people here are missing the "no notifications at night" feature on many other phones. I, too, am missing this feature; I get woken up several times a night with my PIMP NEW NOTIFICATION SOUND. I didn't know if this was something you could code into the program.

    Again, thanks for your hard work and I'm looking forward to seeing the app progress!
    Doesn't the Pre have some kind of thing like this?
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
  5. DNic's Avatar
    Posts
    570 Posts
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    #125  
    Quote Originally Posted by xberserker View Post
    I would like this option as well. I always turn the system sounds off before bed.
    +1 I agree with this feature. I still want to be able to hear the ringer just in case, however I don't need email/sms alerts going off through the night. You can currently turn em down/off, but you would have to go through each email and what not.
  6. #126  
    I believe our only options for "silence" at this point is to turn the phone to silent, or to turn down the ringer/music volumes (I don't recall off the top of my head which features each controls) .. though I suppose going thru and turning off notifications for email / txt etc could be done.. but a 1 touch "night time" setting would be nifty! =)
  7. #127  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaerey View Post
    I would love some help spreading this around to get more people aware of it and on to the precentral site. If people could submit this to other sites and direct them back here that would be awesome. I've been stalking the Twitter feed for Palm Pre and sending it out when appropriate.
    I reviewed your application on my site. Feel free to add it to the OP.
    My Notification | Homebrew App | Palm Pre Application
    Users of Precentral.net, you are welcome to join and add your review to mine if you wish.

    Keep up the good work, looking forward to more updates.
  8. Tasdad's Avatar
    Posts
    62 Posts
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    #128  
    As a temporary option, you could put your phone in airplane mode overnight. Then your alarm clock would still work, but you wouldn't get emails/messages/calls.
  9. #129  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaerey View Post
    As with I believe all downloaded/3rd party apps, the [orange] + tap to delete only removes the ICON from the Launcher. A full delete, I don't know if that will be possible until we get some kind of file browser (there were several for the Treos). You may try the Device Info > Software option to see if that removes the actual files.

    So your saying when we do a delete (orange and tap) that pretty much everything you've coded is still left on the pre?

    I haven't even downloaded it yet, so I'm not trying to delete it by any means.

    However, I would like to hear your opinion on what the future may bring with your coding and palms release of these features (at some time in the future).
  10. #130  
    Quote Originally Posted by DNic View Post
    +1 I agree with this feature. I still want to be able to hear the ringer just in case, however I don't need email/sms alerts going off through the night. You can currently turn em down/off, but you would have to go through each email and what not.
    Just go to sounds and ringers and turn off system sounds. The phone will still ring when someone calls and the alarm will still go off. You wont hear SMS, or Emails.
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

    Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
  11. Kaerey's Avatar
    Posts
    539 Posts
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
       #131  
    Quote Originally Posted by MLJones8 View Post
    So your saying when we do a delete (orange and tap) that pretty much everything you've coded is still left on the pre?

    I haven't even downloaded it yet, so I'm not trying to delete it by any means.

    However, I would like to hear your opinion on what the future may bring with your coding and palms release of these features (at some time in the future).
    As far as I have been able to tell, the delete only removes the launcher icon. I will do more testing to make sure, but I thought I witnessed this behavior even with apps from the app catalog.

    -posted from my palm pre
  12. DNic's Avatar
    Posts
    570 Posts
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    #132  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigchris View Post
    Just go to sounds and ringers and turn off system sounds. The phone will still ring when someone calls and the alarm will still go off. You wont hear SMS, or Emails.
    Didn't think of that, thanks.
  13. #133  
    Quote Originally Posted by DNic View Post
    Didn't think of that, thanks.
    No problem..
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

    Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
  14. #134  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaerey View Post
    As far as I have been able to tell, the delete only removes the launcher icon. I will do more testing to make sure, but I thought I witnessed this behavior even with apps from the app catalog.

    -posted from my palm pre
    Keep us posted, but for the record you don't seem to think this will have any implications when Palm implements this feature in an update (as surely it will be)?
  15. Kaerey's Avatar
    Posts
    539 Posts
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
       #135  
    Quote Originally Posted by MLJones8 View Post
    Keep us posted, but for the record you don't seem to think this will have any implications when Palm implements this feature in an update (as surely it will be)?
    Definitly no conflicts from what I expect, this page is basically a webpage that edits a database. When not running it does nothing in the background like the email or messaging applications.
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
  16. #136  
    Can you put the version number in the app. I think that would make it easy for all of us to keep track of what version we have.
  17. Kaerey's Avatar
    Posts
    539 Posts
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
       #137  
    Quote Originally Posted by pyrognome View Post
    Can you put the version number in the app. I think that would make it easy for all of us to keep track of what version we have.
    Already in the next version! It should be available sometime tonight if the baby goes to bed early.

    What to expect:
    New "About" Scene
    "Advanced Options" for if you have your Pre rooted and applied some mods.
    Version Number
    Revert "pre alert" and "pre notification" to notification.wav and alert.wav when "Reset Defaults"

    Edit: Current email link will be taken down on Wednesday get it fast and then upgrade to 1.0.4
    Last edited by Kaerey; 06/29/2009 at 01:57 PM.
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
  18. #138  
    this just won't work for me. I pick the alerts I want then throw the card away, but the ringones won't stay.

    Do you need a certain update for this to work because my pre won't update either.

    HELP!
  19. #139  
    I think the update just goosed this. Regrettably, I did the update, then downloaded this tweak. I have nothing on the Launcher.
  20. SirWill's Avatar
    Posts
    439 Posts
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    #140  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaerey View Post
    Already in the next version! It should be available sometime tonight if the baby goes to bed early.

    What to expect:
    New "About" Scene
    "Advanced Options" for if you have your Pre rooted and applied some mods.
    Version Number
    Revert "pre alert" and "pre notification" to notification.wav and alert.wav when "Reset Defaults"

    Edit: On hold until a new install method is found
    Darn, I was going to hold off on 1.0.4 until after installing this. Well if you can still release the .ipk for those of who are rooted.
Page 7 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions