Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post
    Was wondering if you use the system info app to uninstall would it go back to default? or would it stay the way you had it last?
    It stays the way you had it last. I'm putting a reset defaults button in the next version, but provided the original sounds on the first post that you can copy into the ringtone folder.
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    if anyone is interested i have the sound from the metal gear series... its snakes codec sound.. uploaded in a zip file, enjoy!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    if anyone has seen the movie Euro Trip i have the .wave for "Mail Mother****er" may not be for everyone but i find it funny

http://www.fileden.com/files/2009/6/25/2489321/mail.wav
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdmon View Post
    Excellent work, thank you! Now I can add my Tribble sound as a notification - I've found that it's low enough in tone that most people do not notice it, but when you know what it is, you hear it!
    I'm interested in your notification sound, but the link didn't work. Could you post the file up to the forum so we could all download it? thanks
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quick Poll, do we want the reset to defaults as a menu item with edit and help? or do we want it as a button on the main page?
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaerey View Post
    Quick Poll, do we want the reset to defaults as a menu item with edit and help? or do we want it as a button on the main page?
    Personally, I don't need it, HOWEVER, I vote for adding it, because the more foolproof and simple the application is, the more widely it'll be adapted. I'd love to see this program become wildly popular for 2 reasons. 1) you've addressed an important issue with the phone, and 2) to encourage other devs in showing that stuff can get done!

Thanks again Kaerey! Now, can you stop cruising the forums and get working on a notification light add in for me?
    Loving the Pre...
    Follow me on Twitter
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leez View Post
    Personally, I don't need it, HOWEVER, I vote for adding it, because the more foolproof and simple the application is, the more widely it'll be adapted. I'd love to see this program become wildly popular for 2 reasons. 1) you've addressed an important issue with the phone, and 2) to encourage other devs in showing that stuff can get done!

Thanks again Kaerey! Now, can you stop cruising the forums and get working on a notification light add in for me?
    LOL adding which version, the button or the entry into the app Menu with Edit and Help?
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    LOL adding which version, the button or the entry into the app Menu with Edit and Help?
    Crap, I misread that! I think it should be in the menu, as it's a preference, but...different in a way from the core "primary" function of the app. If you decided to put it on the main page, I'd consider perhaps a "are you sure?" type dialog after someone presses it.
    Loving the Pre...
    Follow me on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by leez View Post
    I think it should be in the menu, as it's a preference, but...different in a way from the core "primary" function of the app.
    +1
    This application is the work of the many people who have spent time in #webos-internals (irc.freenode.org) and who have been updating pre dev wiki: Welcome to the Pre/webOS Development Wiki.

The application does the simple task of changing the sounds for notifications, calendar alerts and your ringtone. Additional functionality will be added as discovered. The complete source code is available at the #webos-internals gitorious site and we will work to update information on the wiki as well.

Be Advised. When the notification is triggered, it will play the entire sound and you can not stop it short. If you pick a 20 minute Phish & DMB Jam Session for your notification sound it will play all of it! Pick something short sweet and to the point. I've included my favorite sounds below.

The Notification Sound is played for all events such as new email, sms, charger connect, etc.The Alert sound is played for Calendar Events

To install the app
    Click the email link below next to the .ipk file that says "Email Attachment." This will send an email to the email address registered to your PreCentral Account. So yes, this means you need to be a registered user. But really you should be one anyway as this is one of the best sites for Pre users to interact.

Once you recieve the email, it needs to be opened from the Pre EMAIL Application (you need to have an email account setup on your pre in order to install applications). Clicking on the link from the Pre EMAIL application will trigger a silent install. If you are watching closely, the link stays highlighted while it is downloaded and installed and de-highlights when it is done. At that point just open the launcher and the icon will be on the first page of your launcher

My Favorite Sounds:
    Right click and save as, then connect your Pre via USB Mode and Copy the files to the Ringtone Folder

message.wav (from Monty Python and the Search for the Holy Grail: Arrow hitting target followed by "Message for you sir"")

arrow.wav
    Just the sound of an arrow hitting the target

You can also download the original alert and notification sounds.

Please leave your comments for future development and we will get to it as soon as possible.

Special thanks to everyone in #webos-internals. and specifically simplyflipflops for helping me get the packaging together.

Current things I will try and add:
    • A button to restore default sounds
    • Seperate sounds for different notifications
    • Wall Paper selection
    • LED Alerts
    I retreive the email, the app did not appear to install, I never saw it on the launcher page. when trying to reinstall I get contined screens opening without stopping.. What do I need to do at this point..?
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    hmm.. appMenu is not cooperating.
    hey guys i got the email and when i clicked the link i got a ton of web cards loading, than another web card opening up... on and on til it ran out of room to open up another application

edit: my bad i clicked on the image email attachment!
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    OK Check the thumbnail! I'll update the first post once we get the ipk file packaged for install.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Nice work!
    OK Check the thumbnail! I'll update the first post once we get the ipk file packaged for install.
    Great job! I'll switch over to this from "Pimp My Sounds", I prefer yours.
    Any idea when the new update will be out?
    Quote Originally Posted by jwdesselle View Post
    I'm interested in your notification sound, but the link didn't work. Could you post the file up to the forum so we could all download it? thanks
    Yes please, me too! The more people we can get with their phones screaming obscenities out the better. Personally I totally love it when I'm at the bank, grocery store, airport, theater, dinner party, hockey game, park, doctors office or golf club and the guys phone beside me tells me to go f%$k myself.

...sorry that my have been a tad forward.
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    Waiting for new ipk :-D sweeeeeeet
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xberserker View Post
    Great job! I'll switch over to this from "Pimp My Sounds", I prefer yours.
    Any idea when the new update will be out?
    I'm trying to download cygwin now in order to package it. I'm at work and trying to fit it in with my actual job responsibilities.
    I'm trying to download cygwin now in order to package it. I'm at work and trying to fit it in with my actual job responsibilities.
    I posted the way that we do it (create ipk) on a linux hosted web server if you have access to one.
    WOG Dev - WebOS Group http://www.WebOSGroup.com
    PMP Dev - http://www.PimpMyPre.com
    Apps: WOG O.S.K., WOG Card Keeper, WOG Glowstick, WOG Kid Protect, PreLoad, PimpMySounds
    I think this is the only homebrew app that is worth anything... The other app is ummm... yeah.... I'll leave that alone
Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast